“Professional Touring Group”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stay in over 200 hotels a year and this place is alway a welcome site! Clean rooms, friendly accommodating staff, and good breakfast choices. We've stayed here many times before and we'll be back! Nice family hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank John (Driver) G
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Wow...we are very honored to be the hotel of choice in the Mall of America area for a seasoned hotel user like yourself. We appreciate the glowing endorsement you've given us and I hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon. Best regards, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Happy with the room,comfortable beds, good channel selection on the TV, and some cookies in the lobby. My only concern was the breakfast... nothing looked healthy or fresh. Very convenient to get around the Twin Cities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

I'm very happy to see you liked our hotel and the location. I apologize if the complimentary breakfast didn't appear healthy or fresh. Our brand has sourced healthy options and we prepare food continuously throughout the service. Please notify me when you are planning your next and I will personally ensure we prepare an appealing breakfast for you. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel along with many other family members for a wedding that took place in the area. The bride and groom chose the hotel because it would accomadate our large party. Overall our stay was great, the staff was friendly, the rooms were clean although outdated. The bathrooms were newer and very clean, and the climate control was easy to use in our suite. We had our 3-year-old with us. He had spaceto set up his toys in the "living room" area of our suite, he enjoyed the bath tub, and he fit with both of us on the kind sized bed. He also loved the elevators, huge staircase, and the belgian waffles at breakfast. The full breakfast was very convenient. While the coffee and biscuits/gravy were good, I would stay away from the eggs - they just tasted fake. There are two restaurants adjoinging the hotel with walkways - IHOP and TGIF. We ordered food from IHOP our first night and it was ready to pick up in 10 minutes. In the mornings there were lines to eat there, so I recommend taking advantage of the included breakfast buffet inside the hotel. The pools looked fun, although we didn't go in, but they are 2 smaller pools - maybe too small for swimming laps. The parking lots were large, and it was nice to leave our car there and walk to the Mall of America across the street. I would recommend the hotel if you're in the area, although I'm sure it's not the cheapest available - it seems to have a lot of ammenities. Also, the internet was easy to use, and there were a lot of outlets in the room for charging.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for endorsing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm sure other travelers researching the area will appreciate your detailed, first hand account of amenities and conveniences. I'm so glad you had a good experience with us and I hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed 22 August 2014

If you are planning to visit the mall of America, this hotel is only a 5 minute walk to get there. There is a skywalk across the main street which takes you through the Radisson parkade and right to the mall doors. Can't beat it. Hotel is nice and clean, breakfast buffet isn't bad.

1  Thank Lee S

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad you had a good experience and I hope you'll be back to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My family and I are currently staying at this location. I am wheelchair-bound and was having difficulty finding accommodations to and from other locations in the area, after various cab companies told me their wheelchair-accessible vans were all busy. I'm sort of suspecting they just didn't want to deal with me because it was a fairly short distance we needed to travel (about a mile). The daytime manager, Jodi, front desk clerk Jonathan, and various other hotel employees went far above and beyond the call of duty to help us when needed! Aside from the wonderful hospitality, the hotel is very clean and the complimentary breakfast is terrific! There are both hot and cold options available for breakfast and the options change up slightly every day so if you're staying multiple days you're not stuck with the same old, same old the whole time. Great place and we definitely intend on staying here the next time we visit the area. Within walking distance of the Mall of America (just across Killebrew Drive) which has recently been made even easier thanks to a skywalk going over the highway. The Minneapolis metro area tram has a starting/ending point at the Mall of America and goes all the way into downtown St. Paul, making it a great way to get to just about anything you would want to do.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank J L

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad our location worked out well for you you and we are honored to see you'll be staying with us again when your travels bring you back to our area. Best regards, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed 21 August 2014

A very convenient location to enter from the US Highway system was our first happy surprise; how close we actually were to the mall was the 2nd. 2 restaurants within 100 feet of the hotel (and IHOP will deliver to your room) allowed us to relax after a busy day at the mall, which is very quickly and easily accessible by foot via a skywalk and 5 minute walk.

Top notch breakfast buffet and we enjoyed the pools; it was nice they were divided in 2 to allow more people to access the facilities. Very large room, minimal noise (we were there during a very busy time of year) and excellent front desk staff, who answered all of our questions with a big smile and a helpful hand - even unlocking the kitchen area to get us ketchup at 8pm at night - which we were very appreciative of.

The price we paid, which included 2 passes to Nickelodeon World in the mall across the street, made it an excellent value. It's not sheik and slick and modern like the new Blu that's part of the mall, but it's a solid, affordable, comfortable and reliable place to stay, especially with kids - what we saved on hotel we were able to spend an extra day of vacation on our way home, so it was very nice. Kids loved looking out the window and watching the airplanes take off and land - free entertainment! For our first time in Minneapolis, it added to our enjoyment, and we look forward to returning to this hotel.

2  Thank Gordon K

Wow. Thank you for the glowing endorsement you've given our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and we feel honored that your experience with our hotel added to the enjoyment of your trip. I'm so glad to see you'll be back to stay with us again and I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet you in person during your next visit. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great location, friendly staff, hot breakfast included. My only complaint would have to be cleanliness of the bathroom. There was hair on the floor behind the door so you know the room wasn't cleaned thoroughly.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm very sorry about the hair on the floor behind the door and I appreciate you bringing the matter to my attention. I've followed up with my housekeepers to ensure they are more diligent about the overall cleanliness in our hotel. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800