See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I was here for 4 nights and found the accommodation to be extremely clean and well equipped with daily maid service. The staff and owner were very friendly and accommodating to our needs and sorted out any little queries with a smile. We had a late afternoon flight back and were able to keep one of our rooms for the extra few hours we needed which was really useful, a taxi was also organised for us at a very reasonable rate. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this motel, great location and really comfortable. Didn't use the pool but it looked fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shirley W
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I found this hotel on Booking.com. I saw the price and jumped at it. Well I should have known, you get what you pay for. I rented three rooms here and two had bed bugs. I complained to the front desk and she said that she will informed the manager. Long story short...we decided to leave and they charged my credit card anyway. I now have to talk to my card company and complain.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS DUMP YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank izzychk
northwoodinnandsuite, Webmaster at Northwood Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Northwood Inn and Suites in which to stay.

Upon receipt of your review the following steps were taken:

• Maintenance was notified of the problems you experienced with the air conditioner and instructed to look into something can be done.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of insects in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to their elimination.

• Management has been informed about the credit card charge.

I hope that the next time you visit here you will find your visit to be much more satisfactory.

Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We had a short stay in a room with disability accomodations. Ground floor, but we felt very safe. The area was reasonably quiet and clean. Located near highway access about 15 minutes to downtown MN and MSP airport. We arrived very late after our scheduled reservation, but our room was still available and the staff seemed to understood that we had had a long and difficult trip. The staff was excellent. They immediately responded to every request from additional coffee to recommendations on local eateries with delivery. The staff also assisted with transportation from the airport and helped with acquiring Avis rental. Walking distance to MOA. The accomodations are modest, but Northwood is like a home away from home. Northwood is not a 5-star hotel in terms of aesthetics, but it has all of the basic ammenities for comfort, including an indoor pool, a/c, cable TV, and vending machines for snacks. Northwood doesn't come with a 5-star price tag, but we received 5-star treatment. The inn is in a great location alternative to downtown MN and the staff is excellent.

Room Tip: King sized bed; Queen sized room. Maintain reasonable expectations when making your reservation based on your needs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ph D
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We went to check into the hotel and the clerk was so rude and the continental breakfast was going to be a honey bun and a cup of coffe for my husband and three children. We went up to look at the room and we couldn't even get into the door to the walkway there was a that much of a moldy smell.We walked by the pool that was the size of a hot tub that was a bust for 3 kids. When we got to our room the reeked of smoke but "its a non smoking hotel and they check there rooms for smoking smells" yea right and I'm the queen of England. We were supposed to have a sofa in the room there was a pull out bed but i wouldn't have touched it for a million dollars it was nasty looking and god only knows what was growing on it. The beds looked like someone had just rolled out of them and the bathroom smelled like someone had just used it with out spraying it. I took the key cards back down to the front desk and told them we wouldn't be staying there our room was hideous and it reeked of smoke she told me I have been in some of those rooms myself and they don't smell at all.. I told her we wanted a refund and were going else where. She was very rude with me and told me she couldn't authorize that and I could talk to Anil Patel the General Manager he could help me the next day. I called back the next day and she lied to me and told me he wasn't there and then hung up on me. I called back and guess who answered the phone Anil himself. I still haven't gotten a refund on this horrible hotel but if you know anyone that needs a hotel to stay at this is not thee place they need to stay, even if it is just a bed to sleep in. you never know what they will leave with bed bugs or even worse.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Pamela B
northwoodinnandsuite, Webmaster at Northwood Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Northwood Inn and Suites for your recent stay in our area.

• I appreciate your calling our attention to the problems with the Smell and reek of smoke. We took immediate steps to have these problems looked into.

• The housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness expected of them as our employees.

• Management was approached about making our valued guests know that they are wanted and welcomed.

• The possibility of a refund is being looked into.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Northwood Inn and Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Pulled into the parking lot, men hanging from the balcony, no security, no parking, not a clean or good place, tried to cancel my reservation, they charged my credit card double, still trying to get a refund, Very unprofessional, and very hard to ever reach a manager there. Save your money and the frustration. Stay at any of the nearby hotels for a much more stress free stay. This place is a joke.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Erica_L23

Dear Guest,

• Management and security were approached about the people in the parking lot that you encountered that made you feel uncomfortable and instructed to look into the situation.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Northwood Inn and Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased and we look forward to welcoming you back.