See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The people were very helpful and very friendly. I did the park and fly and was well worth it, I will stay again, My truck had no snow on it when I returned, and it was very close to the airport, location of this property was very helpful in flying great restaurant next door!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Do not and i repeat DO NOT STAY HERE! Rooms are disgusting, management is awful hotel staff is rude and when we asked for a refund they would not give it to us stay across the road at the Americinn. This place offers "free breakfast" but that consists of coffee and a packaged muffin.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank rskwira
northwoodinnandsuite, Webmaster at Northwood Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to our area and for your positive remark about our hotel.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the experience of accommodation.

We have taken steps and assure you that the hotel staff has been given training to ensure that this does not happen again. Systems have been put in place to ensure a smooth check in for all our guests. The breakfast also has been improved.

We hope that you will surely make a note of this and choose us once again to stay and have a new experience.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Spend the extra few bucks and get a room somewhere else. The bed was so hard that we would have been just as comfortable sleeping on the floor. The air conditioner cover was broken and you could see daylight through the old air conditioner, the front desk sent a guy over to fix it and he covered it with a blanket. The front door frame had been kicked in in the past so we didn't feel very safe there. The curtains had holes in them and the bathroom had cobwebs on the wall. Oh, and the flat screen TV wasn't working right so watching TV was a joke. It was noisy, nasty and we were glad to leave the next day!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane M
northwoodinnandsuite, Webmaster at Northwood Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Northwood Inn and Suites for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We are sorry for the bad experience you had. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• The maintenance staff was instructed to check regarding air conditioner and see to it that it was functioning properly and received repairs if needed.

• They also received additional training in seeing to it that all appliances are kept in working order.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to take required action.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Northwood Inn and Suites. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Stayed there over Labor day. Reserved a first floor, no smoking suite. Got a third floor suite with cigarette burns on the ancient, broken furniture. (Wife is partially disabled. The 3 flights of stairs were a nightmare.) The carpet seemed slightly sticky, the toilet sat crooked in the tiny bathroom. The shower curtains were torn, there were missing cover plates on the outlets behind the beds. The staff were surly, and a hand-written sign on the wall behind the front desk threatened immediate firing if the staff were to make any "Management" decisions. I am sure it's a real joy to work there. The first night, the Wi-Fi did not work. The place looked like it was last remodeled in the early 70's There was a flat screen TV, but the screen was gouged as if someone had thrown something at it. The only reason we didn't walk out right away was that all of Bloomington was booked. I strongly suspect that the 4-5 spot ratings are coming from the staff.

Room Tip: Chose a room at any of the nearby hotels instead.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William S

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed at the Northwood Inn and Suites over the weekend and I enjoyed my stay. The room was larger than I expected it to be. The location is excellent as it is right next to the airport and Mall of America. The staff was very helpful in making sure all my needs were met while staying there. I would recommend staying at this hotel if you want to be close to things in Bloomington MN.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo