See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2013

DO NOT stay here they bait and switch the price this place is a rip off we booked 2 weeks in advance 2 rooms for 3 weeks for our guys for work they called me the day the guys were to check in and told me they could not honor the price they quoted us and it would be $20.00 more a night. I asked to speak with the manager and was told he did not want to speak with me??? after I pressed Dawn and some choice words in the back ground from the manager he got on the phone and asked me what the hell did I want and it just went down hill from there and ended with him trying to charge my credit card. Again this place is a rip-off DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
northwoodinnandsuite, Webmaster at Northwood Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Thanks for staying with the Northwood Inn and Suites

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere for the inconvenience you had whatsoever and howsoever unlikely it can be.

The entire issue has been investigated. Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

Management has received extra training as to their responsibility to ensure that all guest are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality

We are responding after taking honest efforts and not just to defend ourselves.

Once again please stay with us and experience the difference!

Sincerely

Reviewed 4 March 2013

The people were very helpful and very friendly. I did the park and fly and was well worth it, I will stay again, My truck had no snow on it when I returned, and it was very close to the airport, location of this property was very helpful in flying great restaurant next door!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Do not and i repeat DO NOT STAY HERE! Rooms are disgusting, management is awful hotel staff is rude and when we asked for a refund they would not give it to us stay across the road at the Americinn. This place offers "free breakfast" but that consists of coffee and a packaged muffin.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank rskwira
northwoodinnandsuite, Webmaster at Northwood Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to our area and for your positive remark about our hotel.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the experience of accommodation.

We have taken steps and assure you that the hotel staff has been given training to ensure that this does not happen again. Systems have been put in place to ensure a smooth check in for all our guests. The breakfast also has been improved.

We hope that you will surely make a note of this and choose us once again to stay and have a new experience.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Spend the extra few bucks and get a room somewhere else. The bed was so hard that we would have been just as comfortable sleeping on the floor. The air conditioner cover was broken and you could see daylight through the old air conditioner, the front desk sent a guy over to fix it and he covered it with a blanket. The front door frame had been kicked in in the past so we didn't feel very safe there. The curtains had holes in them and the bathroom had cobwebs on the wall. Oh, and the flat screen TV wasn't working right so watching TV was a joke. It was noisy, nasty and we were glad to leave the next day!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane M
northwoodinnandsuite, Webmaster at Northwood Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Northwood Inn and Suites for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We are sorry for the bad experience you had. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• The maintenance staff was instructed to check regarding air conditioner and see to it that it was functioning properly and received repairs if needed.

• They also received additional training in seeing to it that all appliances are kept in working order.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to take required action.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Northwood Inn and Suites. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Stayed there over Labor day. Reserved a first floor, no smoking suite. Got a third floor suite with cigarette burns on the ancient, broken furniture. (Wife is partially disabled. The 3 flights of stairs were a nightmare.) The carpet seemed slightly sticky, the toilet sat crooked in the tiny bathroom. The shower curtains were torn, there were missing cover plates on the outlets behind the beds. The staff were surly, and a hand-written sign on the wall behind the front desk threatened immediate firing if the staff were to make any "Management" decisions. I am sure it's a real joy to work there. The first night, the Wi-Fi did not work. The place looked like it was last remodeled in the early 70's There was a flat screen TV, but the screen was gouged as if someone had thrown something at it. The only reason we didn't walk out right away was that all of Bloomington was booked. I strongly suspect that the 4-5 spot ratings are coming from the staff.

Room Tip: Chose a room at any of the nearby hotels instead.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple