My fiance and I wanted a cheap getaway for the night and that is EXACTLY what we got. I booked a Deluxe King room on hotels.com for under $85 after taxes on the morning of our mini trip. Even though it was last minute, I assumed that I was being accurately charged for what was available that night.
When we got there, we not only had trouble getting through the parking lot, but we were surprised to find multiple buildings. My reciept during check in was blank, but I assumed it would be correct regardless. I signed and initialled the service agreement anyway.
Thankfully we were in the building with the pool, but the building itself smelled musty. Our room was NOTHING like what I booked. We had 2 full sized beds and a random foldup bed next to the door. I double checked the receipt which said Deluxe Queen Double. I immediately called the front desk. After some confusion, I was told I would get a call back. A different person called 10min later to claim that the room I choose was already taken, so we got a free upgrade. The view sucked and my fiance and I had the choice of a small shared bed or sleeping alone!
The random lights all over the room made no sense and didn't even adaquately light the room! Not to mention the bathroom was small and hard to get into without fully opening the door, climbing in the tub, and then shutting the door.
At about 9pm, we went to the pool downstairs. The water was surprisingly warm and the perfect depth. We were concerned about the cleanliness, though. It seems they use salt as a cheap alternative to chlorine. I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do.
Getting back from the pool to shower, the pipe with the showerhead wasn't fully secured to the wall, so when the water was on, it pulsated for a few minutes!
The beds were firm and the pillows were soft, but since there wasn't a way to control the temperature of the room, the thin blankets were not enough.
We checked out just before 11am and we didn't look back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Northwood Inn and suites Bloomington! The Mall of America is 1 mile from the Northwood Inn & suites for numerous shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Northwood Inn and suites is four miles from Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and offers comfortable accommodations while having a central location near the region's main attractions. Guest services include 24-hour attendant, free parking, indoor heated pool, business services and a complimentary continental breakfast. Rooms feature complimentary wireless Internet access, microwave and refrigerator. Dining options near the motel include Denny's, Split Rock Grille, Shells Café and Outback Steakhouse. The Water Park of America is three blocks from the motel featuring the largest indoor water park in America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Northwood Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northwood Hotel Bloomington
- Bloomington Travelodge
- Bloomington Travel Lodge
- Travelodge Bloomington
- Travel Lodge Bloomington
- Northwood Inn And Suites Bloomington/Minneapolis, North America