See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 March 2017

BUGS GROSS - PLEASE READ ALL - We booked a stay here to visit the Mall. We had booked 2 nights and we had plans for all nights we were in town. While checking in the lady at the counter was wrapped in a blanket and while running my info into system decided she needed to eat a snack and ate while processing us. Staff all looked like druggies and smelt of smoke. Door into building didn't lock but had a slot for a card like it should have but was broken. Hallway smelt of smoke bad. We entered our room and dropped off our stuff and then left to mall. The room was very dated and unclean but we didn't want to take away time for our children to spend at the Mall as we had tickets and reservations for events going on. It want until we returned at 10pm tired and with asleep children that we noticed everything wrong with the room. There is a reason everything in this room is dark ( walls carpet and bed) because it is all filthy, The trash can was holding the carpet to the wall and when moved the carpet and part of the wall fell off reviling a large hole. I found 3 bugs (roach, silverfish) and many more dead, ketchup and other food splattered on wall and phone, a broken plug prong still in the outlet. One bed smelt like pee and the couch bed had blood stains under it. The bed was filthy and not comfortable at all. We laid down and slept in our clothes on top of blankets we had in our car. I felt like my skin was crawling all night and i should have just went to the front desk and left immediately. It wasn't until the next day. When i told the front staff about the issue and commented that this was the most gross and dirtiest hotel i had ever been in she said i didn't need to be that mean. She didn't want to refund our money. The photos shown online are a joke. Tv is small but the least of my worries at this point. Breakfast was pre packages cheese danish. Microwave and Fridge were dirty gross. Room smelled of smoke chemicals(bug spray) and air freshener. Never got refund and should be compensated for inconvenience of switching hotels and dirty room. Management doesnt care and wont answer emails or phone calls.

Room Tip: All Nasty - Photos Lie
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Got the park and fly special here. I'm not exactly high maintenance especially when it comes to hotels I just plan on staying in for one night. But from the minute I walked into the room here I was blown away by how gross this place was. Long story short, I actually wound up paying an additional $70 to stay at a hotel across the street and just used their park and ride

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Came up as first choice with Trip Advisor. It was cheapest overnight stay. Staff was pleasant enough but the place is generally so old and run down that , even though we left our car there, we decided not to sleep there.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
northwoodinnandsuit, Webmaster at Northwood Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Northwood Inn during your recent visit to our area and the review.
We are sorry that you did not find the hotel appealing.Our apologies.
We are addressing your observations related to the property.
Glad to note that you liked the hospitality.
Each room will be thoroughly checked before checking in a new guest.
We await your earliest next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

hotel really bad. Its my first time giving bad review but necessary. The locks was broken. Has one ned queen and one full when its supposed to be queen boths in the suit. Stove with mold. Strong smell in the room start to feel my eyes burning in less than 20min in the room. Change hotel fast with free cancelation! Yes its close to mall of america.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for being at the Northwood Inn to stay during your last visit to our area.
Our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.
We have taken your review seriously and appropriate actions are being taken on each of your observations.
We are hiring a professional team to study and improve the hotel upkeep and hospitality.
Please make a note of the same.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

OMG, if I could give a zero I would.
Where do I start.
Stayed as a stop over after visiting family.
Arrived, reception looked ok, then it hit us what a dive it really was, the stench of stale smoke and fresh smell of the what you can't buy in the store, type of smoke.
Overwhelmed to say the least.
The carpets are filthy with tape holding some of it together ,the room door looked like it had been kicked in at some point.
The only good thing I have to say about the room is the bed was comfortable and bedding seemed clean.
The bathroom was a haven of mould. Also around the sink area. Zero water pressure.
The fridge and microwave were disgusting, clearly not been cleaned in a while.
Don't bother comparing management photos to your actual eyes , it's almost like a different place.
Did I sleep well, NO!
Too much noise, two men doing a BBQ in the parking lot, a group of 5 men arguing.
A police officer looking for someone one night, really didn't feel safe,
Banging of doors and headboards all night, the front lobby door wedged open with the mat, so no security, but clearly done this way for the amount of foot traffic in and out all night long, you draw your own conclusions to that, I think we all know what I'm talking about .
Upon checkout, relayed my concerns to the manager, who actually did call the owner, who replied , "don't give them a refund"
He showed no interest in anything we had to say.

I would highly recommend you AVOID this place, at all cost.
A dreadful experience I wouldn't want to repeat.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Northwood Inn.
We appreciate you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your feedback.
We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during the stay.
We have implemented complete security measures and ensure that no anti social activity is going on.
We are addressing your observations related to the rooms. Each room is now individually checked and certified before checking in a new guest.
We hope you will give us a second chance to convince you with a better service.