All reviews water park bunk beds dunkin donuts ropes course magic quest dance party climbing wall family suite paw passes wi dells free activities ben and jerry kids activities great resort cold lobby waterpark area room key
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Hassles everywhere. Not like WI Dells Great Wolf Lodge. Hated it. Long lines to check in. Small water park. Tiny room for money. Beds uncomfortable. Slow elevators. Surly dining staff. Staff seemed really inexperienced. Management seems to be missing customer service and experience.

Review collected in partnership with Great Wolf Lodge
Reviewed 11 September 2018

First this hotel cost way to much to be kids and family friendly. this hotel charge's 50.00 per band to swim but when you go to the site it says 40.00 per kid for a band to swim. also this hotel charges you for Towel fee 50.00 never once the front desk or it states this in the agreement like who does this charge for towel fee with out notification. they charge my Visa way more than what I was Quoted. I will never bring my family back to this expensive hotel you mind as well go to Wisconsin Dells. This is not a kid friendly Hotel.. I'm really pissed about this

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Guest service wasn't knowledgeable of the hours of operation for the water park one front desk work told me the water park closes at 10pm I went at 8 they we're closing. Also I asked about how to upgrade to the later check out he told me they don't offer late check out on Monday but I heard him tell another guest he could accommodate her request for a late check out I assume because I'm an African American woman those accommodations didn't apply to me or my family but the Caucasian woman had more privileges than

1  Thank laquita1200
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Buckets diner was a DISASTER!!!! Low on staff (1 cashier), computer was SLOW, couldn't find info, the 1 staff member called manager, manger took FOREVER to finally arrive. Ice cream machine was broken. No way to ice cream other places on Food Meal package. Food took LONG time to get. our group of 7 people, half were done eating while others still waiting for food!! Food ordered: Hamburgers, hot dog, french fires, sweet potato fries, 1 salad. 1 burger arrived, then a salad (pre-made in container), then 2 more burgers, then sweet potatoe fries, 2 more burgers, then french fries came out, finally the 1 hot dog. ALL at DIFFERENT times.

Review collected in partnership with Great Wolf Lodge
Reviewed 9 September 2018

I was trying to decide on something fun at the end of the summer for the family (especially the kids; 14, 12 and 10) and decided to book a room at the Great Wolf Lodge. I went ahead and got one of their suites (the Northwoods Suite) and man, you talk about a lot of room, which was perfect for everyone. There were two adjoining rooms with their own TVs, kitchenette set-ups and bathrooms as well as a fireplace and bunkbeds. The rooms were very well kept, comfortable and versatile, We checked in on a Tuesday (we wanted to do a non-weekend) and the room was ready early, which was great. The kids all get their wrist-bands for access to the water park and I had our credit-card on-file (put onto the wristbands for my wife and myself - which was very convenient). They do offer paw passes - 3 levels for the kids stuff, we did not opt in for this but it may not be a bad deal depending upon the other activities you will be doing with the kids.
The hotel is large, well-kept and clean. There are lots of things to do in the hotel (more later). The food is pretty pricey in the hotel and there is not anything super-close (walking distance) but the Mall of America is about a 1/4 mile away. They do have a nice restaurant, a Dunkin Donuts, a Ben/Jerry's Ice Cream as well as a place to get food by the water park, so a lot of options - just not cheap. You would be well-served by bringing snacks from home and keeping them on-hand, more economical and ready at anytime.
The waterpark is nice, it is not the biggest one that we have been to but it has a little something for everyone. There is a lazy river as well as a (mini) wave pool - smaller waves. There is a pretty awesome ride (River Canyon Run) which can seat up to 6-8 on a large round raft and you climb all the way up to the top (by the way, if you have issues with heights or walking a lot of stairs this will be challenging for this ride and the Otter Run (3). But lots of fun and thrills. The Otter Run-3 is at the same (top level) as the River Canyon Run but you go individually and on your back and man, you fly and it's pretty crazy but fun. There are other similar slides as well. There is also a lounger pool too. If you have little ones (2-8 years) they will love the younger play area (looks like a giant playset) with water.
There are also lots of other neat activities - tenpaw bowling, ropes course, climbing wall and others - all extra cost to play/participate (but if you may do these, then a paw pass will probably be a good deal).
They also have a large arcade, which draws all the kids - it's more like a high-tech Chuck E Cheese - you play all kinds of games to win tickets to be able to get prizes, fun but your money can go fairly quickly, but the kids love it!
We stayed for 3 days and day 2 we spent at Mall of America - for us, the resort was fun but I don't think more than 2 or 3 days (at the actual resort/waterpark) is needed unless you are totally into waterparks and then it may be worth it - however, there just isn't enough water rides/slides to keep you beyond 2 or 3 days, in my opinion.
So, we very much had a great time, the staff was super-friendly and would definitely go back again (next year) and would recommend this to families that enjoy water parks and related fun!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family