“Decent hotel in a good location at a good price”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at the Americinn 2 days ago and it was the 2nd time I've stayed there. The location is good as it's not far from the Mall of America, Ikea and other shopping centers. It also has a great restaurant, Joe Sensor's Sports Bar, right next to it. Pros: very clean, comfortable beds, friendly staff, free breakfast, extra AC outlets, and discounted prices. Cons: self-serve breakfast area is small, bathrooms are small, remotes for TV difficult to use. Also, the heating unit in my room was noisy. The one in my sisters room was not so it may be one they just need to replace. I think this is a very nice hotel for the price. Overall it's very clean, cozy, and a good value. I'm sure I'll stay there again..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
mejmorin, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm glad your found the rooms to be comfortable for your needs. I will take a look into that A/C unit, and get that repaired! So thank you for mentioning it!. Please come again soon! Pool to be open by Late Summer 2014!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here one night in October and two nights in November. The room is in great condition, no complaints at all. Check-in and check-out at the front desk is slow. I like the staff, but the process seems slower now that the hotel is an AmericInn. Also, why do we have to check out at the front desk? Seems like a throw back to the 1970s.

The breakfast is good and the staff is excellent. It is handy that a Denny's is attached to the hotel, acceptable supper option.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. My staff and myself appericate your comments. I will do my very best to get my staff to work a little faster! I'm glad you enjoyed the room. Please do come see us again soon!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I would not suggest staying at this hotel for the park and fly option. In fact I am not sure why a person would stay at this hotel since there is no hot tub/pool area and the shuttle service for park in fly is not what advertised. We arrived home and were told that it would be a 70 minute wait for shuttle service back to our vehicle. There was no explaination or appology for this delay and the morning of departure we got the feeling that the shuttle driver was less than please to take us to the airport. Definite thumbs down!

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Karla S- Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. I'm glad I was able to speak with you earlier this week and we were able to come to an understanding of the situation. I am also glad overall you had an enjoyable stay. Please do come see us again very soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I stayed only one night. The price was right for a very nice room. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet and clean. The hotel had easy access off/on the Interstate. We would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

MaryM1881- Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! I'm so glad you enjoyed our comfy beds, and the accessibility to the highway. Please do come stay again!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I came here to meet with colleagues and it felt just like home - this excellent stay would bring me back. My bedding was very fresh and comfortable and my space roomy. There was a great selection on the breakfast each morning and coffee was fresh and hot.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Marsha F- Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our hotel, and your stay! I'm more than pleased that our staff did everything they could to make your stay enjoyable. When you travel to the Bloomington area again, I do hope we'll get to see you again!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here at AmericInn this entire week during meetings with my company. I cannot express enough how impressed I am with how friendly the staff is. A shout-out to Linda, Lucas, Roger, Lindsey and Matthew, keep up the great work. The location is also very convenient, easy access, and close to many restaurants. Thank you all for a great stay this week!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Andrew F, Thank you so much for the great review! It is truley a joy to hear that we met all of you expectaions. Again, thank you!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were happy with our clean and comfortable room at the Americinn Horel, but were really impressed when our daughters new car broke down in their entryway, Lucas helped her remove the car seats and contents of the car before towing, and rook them to a locked location. They welcomed our 3 young grandsons to sit in the lobby and watch cartoons while arrangements were made for a rental car, and all on a very busy game day! We travel a great deal, and thought they had one of the best breakfast bars we've ever seen. All this contributed to a great 5 say stay!

Room Tip: Email ahead with your specifics!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm more than pleased that we met and exceeded your expectations. I will be sure Lucas see's this. Again, thank you, and I hope we can see you again soon!