“Comfortable, Quiet, Friendly - Great Value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Ranked #32 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Springfield, Missouri
“Comfortable, Quiet, Friendly - Great Value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2008

This is not a 5 star hotel in the sense of, say, the Moscow Sheraton Palace or SAS Radisson in St. Petersburg. But I definitely rate the Bloomington Hampton Inn 5 stars on the value/comfort scale.

The hotel's outside is vintage 1970s, and the interior furnishings are a little bit dated too. But the rooms themselves are quiet and the beds are comfortable. I'm a very light sleeper, but I conked out every night and snoozed like a rock. The breakfast is pretty good for its kind, but if you want something more substantial, there is a Denny's on the north side of the motel. Again, this place is QUIET! As I walked out into the hallway to check out, I could hear the kids in the room next to me going nuts. But I hadn't heard a thing while in my room with the door closed.

The staff was unfailingly friendly, from the desk clerk who greeted me at check in, to the guy who held the door for me while I was leaving. Dee at the front desk not only gave me a bandage for my torn fingernail, but managed to put it on in such a way that it stayed on for days! Her restaurant suggestions were also excellent.

The location is also excellent. 5 minutes from the Mall of America, 10 minutes from the airport, and 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis. I will definitely stay at the Bloomington Hampton Inn again the next time I am in the Twin Cities.

• Liked — The quiet and the nice people
  • Disliked — Twin Cities traffic
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Aortus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Porterville, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2008

The 4 of us stayed overnite and had to leave by 5 am for 6:45 flight from Minneapolis/St. Paul airport to LAX. Had to go package that consists of water, apple, and granola bars for the each of us. That afternoon my family and I went to Mall of America and was dropped off and picked-up without a hitch and any problems. Sleep well, but wokeup at 4:15 am for early morning flight. Lobby made fresh cookies for guests prior to checking in. Outside could use a little updating, but inside look comparible to other newer Hampton Inn hotels. It's kinda far but with the shuttle service to and from airport/mall of america it didn't make a difference to me. Staff was cordial during our brief stay. Room was kinda small for the 4 of us though, but was very clean!

• Liked — Ammenities, shuttle service, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Outside outdated look
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2008

We stayed a Saturday night before flying out a relative. Room was large and the beds very comfortable. Nice flat screen TV and nice to have the shower curtain with rod that extended outside the tub. Very spacious and no noise from 494 nor from the airplanes even though this is under the approach the new runway. Shuttle was nice (though driver was quite crabby) but great to able to not pay for parking and get front door drop off and pick up when taking someone to the airport. The approach the hotel is a little strange since you seem to be driving through another place's driveway to get there but it works. Breakfast was OK. The scrambled eggs were not scrambled eggs as mentioned with previous report but rather that egg patty thing you get to put with the biscuit and sausage (though gravy might be nice to add). Nice selection of breakfast items.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Obivously unhappy shuttle driver
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Mesa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2008

We drove over 450 miles to get to this hotel, arriving at 11:30 PM.
During check in I asked which enternace would be closer, Desk agent said "this one". What he didn't tell me was the elevator was out of order! I found out by reading a note taped to the elevator doors. Had to carry bags to second floor ourselves.

Went to get ice only to find 2nd floor ice machine was not working. No sign. Had to walk back down to 1st floor just for ice.

While downstairs went back to Front Desk to ask for directions to Mnpls airport-this was my first time driving to airport-wanted to make certain I didn't get lost. The Front Desk agents response...just get on 494 (east/west?) and follow the signs. Not the directions I was seeking.

Found lots of hair in bathtub and on bathroom floor-had to clean bathroom before we could use it.

Breakfast the next morning was not great. Very little selection @ 8:30 AM, scrambled eggs were dry, cheese danish were still partly frozen. Coffee was good though.

At check out the lady Front Desk agent-Lynette(?) listened and just said "I will let management know of your dissatisfaction" then turned away from me.

This hotel would not honor their "100% satisfied or you don't pay".Great marketing tool especially when you honor it.

Will not stay here again.

• Liked — location-close to airport
  • Disliked — everything else-very disappointing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank love2travel2020
Fulton, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2008

Nice location right down the street from Mall of America and Ikea, and right off the highway. Very close to the airport as well, but absolutely NO noise from planes taking off and landing. You wouldn't even guess you are near an airport.

Rooms have been updated and are very modern and clean, flat screen tv, full length mirror, nicely appointed bathroom, iron/board, hairdryer, small coffee pot, small microwave and small fridge all in a 2 queen bed room.

Complimentary shuttle to the Mall, very convenient. You could walk to the mall yourself, it might take about 15 minutes or so, but with such a big mall, you might tire yourself out before you even get there! A simple call back to the hotel will have someone on there way to pick you up again.

Breakfast is typical for Hampton Inn, and always welcome when traveling on a budget. Cereal, bagels, donuts, pancakes, some fresh fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee.

No problems, would recommend to both business travelers wishing to be near the airport (they offer shuttle service to the airport as well) or leisure travelers to the Mall.

• Liked — Close to airport and attractions
  • Disliked — Nothing really!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank jennalulu
Milwaukee, Wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2008

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Each morning there was a different free hot breakfast entree & they were all delicious. There also was fresh fruit salad & lots of other options. The clerks at the desk were so willing to please, I forgot my ear plugs & they gave me some & also cough drops for my husband. They will supply you with almost anything you need. The room was spacious, clean & comfortable. There was a free shuttle to the Mall of America. It just was such a pleasant experience & I will look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2007

My complaint has less to do with the actual night's stay and more to do with management lack of followup. The hotel was under construction, we knew that in advance. But we chose it because of the lower rate and we were assured that the beds were the new Hampton beds - which we love. So, we gave little notice to the incompleted room and the construction zone hallways. We were only there for a few hours during the night anyway. But, we had reason to believe we had left our digital camera in the room. I'm writing to complain about management's way of handling our calls, as I believe it is an indication of how they conduct their business in general. The first call I placed was to the general manager and I was put through to Lisa Beauchamps' voice mail. I received no call back. Two days later I phoned again, asking for the general manager, and was connected to an assistant manager. I spoke with her and she suggested that I needed to speak to the Housekeeper who was not currently available. I asked this assistant manager to please check with the housekeeper and return my call to say whether or not the camera had been found. After receiving no call, I phoned again and asked to leave a message for the Housekeeper. I left a voice mail on Alma's phone. Still no callback. Two days later I phoned for the general manager again and was given her voice mail. I requested again that she check lost and found and return my call. No call back. Two days later I phoned the hotel and asked for the general manager. Not available. For the assistant manager. Not available. For the housekeeper. Not in yet. So the desk clerk asked me to hold and she went to check lost and found. When she returned to the phone 10 minutes later, she asked me, "What exactly did you believe you left in the room?" I answered that I thought we had left a Casio digital camera. She replied, "There was nothing found in the room that day." Leaving me to wonder why she asked what I had lost if she had found nothing??? Anyway, be warned. Management is very, very unresponsive should you need their help. P.S. fyi, this building is an old hotel building and has been through the name changes as it disintegrated over the years. Now, with the Hampton name, they have sort of taken the rooms down to the bare bones and started again. When complete, it should not disappoint you.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family