“Whatever You Do, Don't Stay Here”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Ranked #31 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Whatever You Do, Don't Stay Here”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It all started upon arrival when the hotel wreaked of musty and moldy carpet. It immediately made me sneeze. But that wasn't the worst! The website indicated the hotel had a pool and I had nine 14 year olds with me, since we stayed for a volleyball tournament. They were all looking forward to the advertised pool, which did not exist. To top that all off, the hotel decided that on a week when their hotel was FULLY BOOKED they would undergo a construction project. Every day I came out of my room a new construction project was ensuing in the hallway. One day the carpet was missing and the next it was poorly put back in. We will see what it looks like tomorrow. Unfortunately our club was under contract and couldn't check out of the hotel without forfeiting a fee, otherwise I would have left the second I stepped foot it. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else, no matter the price!

1 Thank LaurenJenkins12
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I am terribly sorry for the poor experience you had during your stay. Please know that this is not the norm here! Our renovations are complete! Please do come back and see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Riyadh
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel was amazing... Clean... Staff were great... Rooms are very clean and the price is just perfect... I would recommend it to everyone... I would give it 5 stars easily... I wish it would be more spread with much more branches...

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you so much for the kind words!! I'm more than pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our indoor pool and whirlpool will be opening soon so please come see us again for more 5 star service!!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful with airport shuttles, extra towels, and the like, but the hotel itself, including the room, was a little worn. We got this hotel on a Hotwire deal and we got what we paid for. The internet was functional and the breakfast edible, but I will look elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello! thank you for the review! I'm sorry the hotel did not live up to your expectations. We did just complete a public area renovation and have a room renovation beginning in the fall. Please do come see us again! The indoor pool and whirlpool opens in late August!
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We purchased a accommodations from hotwire. We ended up with this hotel. It was a bit tricky (twists and turns) to get to as we arrived at 3am and were tired. The front desk staff was great and got us checked in with no problem. The room was dated...however it was clean and the beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was the standard, the area was well maintained and stocked. We were satisfied with the hotel for the price we paid from hotwire and what we needed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Travelmom309- Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. My staff and I are extremely pleased that your stay met your expectations! We are in the process of a full renovation to include a new indoor pool & whirlpool. Also by late 2014 some rooms will feature new furniture! Please do come see us again very soon!
Calabasas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

First room assigned did not have a desk, just a desk lamp on the floor with a basket of towels when I entered room. 2nd room did not have a desk chair and desk lamp was not in working order. Shower Curtain was not present when went to take shower in the morning. Construction workers making noise outside window of room by 7:30am. I checked out after 1st night although scheduled for 3 nights. Was not offered any credit for poor experience.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Gary G- Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am terribly sorry for the issues you had here. As you know this is not the "norm" for this hotel. Per my email to you, I have taken care of the first night for you. I do hope you will give us another try!
Harrisburg, South Dakota
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Staff were very pleasant (except for that one van driver) and professional. The hotel is clean, our room was bright and comfy. Walls a titch thin and our bathrm light was out, or I would've scored higher on that. Bfst was the usual, they didn't run out of food though, had it staffed well and they took care of refilling quickly. For a $100 room, this was perfect for us!

• Stayed May 2014
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Jane876- Thank you for the wonderful review! Please do come see us again soon!
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I booked this hotel online. Everyone stated how nice it is in their reviews but so far I am not impressed with service. It specifically states to call hotel with special requests after you book. We booked two rooms because we have a 15 month old and we were going to let her nap in one room while we stay in the other. I called an asked if we could get joining rooms as our special request and the receptionist told us that we are not allowed to make special requests when we book online. I explained my situation and she didn't care and was extremely rude on the phone. Had I known this was not an option I would have never booked two rooms. Now I'm wishing I didn't book at all. Plus now that I booked the rooms I am realizing they are in the middle of a remodel. This should be disclosed when booking. Unfortunately we chose to try to save some money by not picking the free cancellation so here we are. We don't get to travel much with a little one so thanks AmericInn for ruining our first family vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Rachelle C- Thank you for writing a review. I'm mortified that my staff dropped the ball in regards to your special requests. I would like to speak with you further regarding this matter and offer a complimentary room on your next visit. Again, my deepest apologies. Please do give us another chance to shine!