AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Ranked #31 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We
found the hotel to be very comfortable. Friendly staff. Breakfast was good and served til 10. They were in the process of putting in a pool which will make it a much nicer stay for the children.
Approx. 10-15 min from Mall of Amer. They have a free shuttle. But we didnt use it, drove ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so much for the positive comments regarding your stay. Yes, the pool is almost complete, and will be open in late August! Please come back soon!!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Absolutely the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to stay. Nothing was as advertised. On top of everything else they replaced the carpet during our stay. The dust,dirt and odor was terrible. Hotel management was uncooperative and unconcerned with the comfort and welfare of its guest, blaming it all on "corporate". .Every day it seemed like something else didn't work or was "temporarily" out of order. Building has only one elevator and it is constantly out of order.
So called breakfast is a joke.

Room Tip: Do not stay there!
2  Thank 728Linda

Hello, Thank you for writing a review. My sincere apologies for the issues you had during your stay. Our renovation is nearly complete, as we will begin the process of renovating the rooms in the fall. Please do come see us again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

It all started upon arrival when the hotel wreaked of musty and moldy carpet. It immediately made me sneeze. But that wasn't the worst! The website indicated the hotel had a pool and I had nine 14 year olds with me, since we stayed for a volleyball tournament. They were all looking forward to the advertised pool, which did not exist. To top that all off, the hotel decided that on a week when their hotel was FULLY BOOKED they would undergo a construction project. Every day I came out of my room a new construction project was ensuing in the hallway. One day the carpet was missing and the next it was poorly put back in. We will see what it looks like tomorrow. Unfortunately our club was under contract and couldn't check out of the hotel without forfeiting a fee, otherwise I would have left the second I stepped foot it. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else, no matter the price!

1  Thank LaurenJenkins12

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I am terribly sorry for the poor experience you had during your stay. Please know that this is not the norm here! Our renovations are complete! Please do come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel was amazing... Clean... Staff were great... Rooms are very clean and the price is just perfect... I would recommend it to everyone... I would give it 5 stars easily... I wish it would be more spread with much more branches...

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you so much for the kind words!! I'm more than pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our indoor pool and whirlpool will be opening soon so please come see us again for more 5 star service!!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful with airport shuttles, extra towels, and the like, but the hotel itself, including the room, was a little worn. We got this hotel on a Hotwire deal and we got what we paid for. The internet was functional and the breakfast edible, but I will look elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello! thank you for the review! I'm sorry the hotel did not live up to your expectations. We did just complete a public area renovation and have a room renovation beginning in the fall. Please do come see us again! The indoor pool and whirlpool opens in late August!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We purchased a accommodations from hotwire. We ended up with this hotel. It was a bit tricky (twists and turns) to get to as we arrived at 3am and were tired. The front desk staff was great and got us checked in with no problem. The room was dated...however it was clean and the beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was the standard, the area was well maintained and stocked. We were satisfied with the hotel for the price we paid from hotwire and what we needed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Travelmom309- Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. My staff and I are extremely pleased that your stay met your expectations! We are in the process of a full renovation to include a new indoor pool & whirlpool. Also by late 2014 some rooms will feature new furniture! Please do come see us again very soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

First room assigned did not have a desk, just a desk lamp on the floor with a basket of towels when I entered room. 2nd room did not have a desk chair and desk lamp was not in working order. Shower Curtain was not present when went to take shower in the morning. Construction workers making noise outside window of room by 7:30am. I checked out after 1st night although scheduled for 3 nights. Was not offered any credit for poor experience.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Gary G- Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am terribly sorry for the issues you had here. As you know this is not the "norm" for this hotel. Per my email to you, I have taken care of the first night for you. I do hope you will give us another try!