“July trip”

Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Thunder Bay, Canada
“July trip”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had a bit of a glitch booking through priceline, but the desk staff was excellent at changing my room to accomodate my stay. I have nothing bad I can say about the hotel at all. I'll stay there again for sure!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you so much for your great review! I'm more than pleased the front desk staff was quick to resolve the room type issue. Our staff is dedicated to excellent customer service. Please do come back again!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stay here about once a month. Quiet, recently remodeled rooms. Bathrooms are a bit small. They are in the process of putting in a pool. Staff is friendly. Close to things on the south side of the metro area. Rooms are generally clean, beds comfortable, decent breakfast, Dennys and a good sports bar next door. I get a corporate rate, so its a really good deal. Downside: no fridge or microwave in the rooms. Of course its not a high end hotel but made for the budget business traveler.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Randy S- Thank you for the review! We're so glad this location and hotel works so well for you. I can inform you that by the end of fall, half the rooms will feature permanent min-fridge's and microwaves! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed as a couple planning a nice week end get away. As advertised we were expecting a pool. In the Hotel Information book, located in our room, It stated a pool was to be completed in spring of 2014, pool hours are 6:00 am.till 10:00 pm. We stayed at the Hotel June 28-29, 2014. Looking around for the pool we saw no signs of it. I called the desk in reference to the pool and they said," They did not have any pool, yet" I said, "Is this not false advertising? What about items the hotel information book claims?" The front desk clerk said, "Well, I thought all those pages were taken out of those books." Get your facts right for those who trust your word when you advertise this! Also it was very noisy after quiet ordinance of 10:00 pm. Chaperoned teenagers were screaming, laughing, slamming doors and standing in the hallways yelling between rooms at 11:15 pm. The desk clerk was notified and they talked to who was involved, and I thank you for that at 11:20 pm. At 1:36 am I was sitting on the edge of the bed awake and someone shook the door handle to our room. I jumped up and looked out the peep hole to see the back of a teenage girl run into the room across the hall. I was very tired and did not get to sleep until 3:30 pm. In the am.we went for breakfast 8:30 am. Approximately 45-50 people were in also there at the same time. One hotel staff member was expected to restock food after hungry teenagers filled their plates! She was working very hard and doing her best! Checking out we were asked did we have a nice stay? I told of our very disturbing night. I was told we are sorry,and given a 25% coupon off our next stay at this hotel. Shaken, I threw the coupon in the trash on my way out.

Room Tip: check to see if you want a pool there is one, check to see if teenagers are chaperoned.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am terribly disappointed in the stay you had with us. I would like to discuss this more with you, if you would like. Please reach out to me at 952-835-6643
Bloomingdale
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We
found the hotel to be very comfortable. Friendly staff. Breakfast was good and served til 10. They were in the process of putting in a pool which will make it a much nicer stay for the children.
Approx. 10-15 min from Mall of Amer. They have a free shuttle. But we didnt use it, drove ourselves.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you so much for the positive comments regarding your stay. Yes, the pool is almost complete, and will be open in late August! Please come back soon!!
Tampa, Kansas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Absolutely the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to stay. Nothing was as advertised. On top of everything else they replaced the carpet during our stay. The dust,dirt and odor was terrible. Hotel management was uncooperative and unconcerned with the comfort and welfare of its guest, blaming it all on "corporate". .Every day it seemed like something else didn't work or was "temporarily" out of order. Building has only one elevator and it is constantly out of order.
So called breakfast is a joke.

Room Tip: Do not stay there!
2 Thank 728Linda
Hello, Thank you for writing a review. My sincere apologies for the issues you had during your stay. Our renovation is nearly complete, as we will begin the process of renovating the rooms in the fall. Please do come see us again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It all started upon arrival when the hotel wreaked of musty and moldy carpet. It immediately made me sneeze. But that wasn't the worst! The website indicated the hotel had a pool and I had nine 14 year olds with me, since we stayed for a volleyball tournament. They were all looking forward to the advertised pool, which did not exist. To top that all off, the hotel decided that on a week when their hotel was FULLY BOOKED they would undergo a construction project. Every day I came out of my room a new construction project was ensuing in the hallway. One day the carpet was missing and the next it was poorly put back in. We will see what it looks like tomorrow. Unfortunately our club was under contract and couldn't check out of the hotel without forfeiting a fee, otherwise I would have left the second I stepped foot it. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else, no matter the price!

1 Thank LaurenJenkins12
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I am terribly sorry for the poor experience you had during your stay. Please know that this is not the norm here! Our renovations are complete! Please do come back and see us again soon!
Riyadh
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel was amazing... Clean... Staff were great... Rooms are very clean and the price is just perfect... I would recommend it to everyone... I would give it 5 stars easily... I wish it would be more spread with much more branches...

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you so much for the kind words!! I'm more than pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our indoor pool and whirlpool will be opening soon so please come see us again for more 5 star service!!