“spacious great customer service , great shuttle system”

Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 15 December 2013

hello I stayed here recently on a 2 day trip, the studio was big and complete with microwave, kitchinette, two tvs, desk, free wifi, you have your thermostat in the bedroom which can switch for comfort, hotel was quiet, cozy with two fireplaces , free dinner, business center with desktops, printer etc. the room was alright should not be complaining since bed sheets were clean and I really really checked , did not find dirt or hairs or anything like it . sofa bed in living room looked dated as did the coffee tables, since I am a clean freak and a devoted fan of Hotel impossible I just passed my index finger over the wall pictures and yes I did find old dust , not good for my taste but honestly did not see anything else that bother me, carpet looked clean, bathroom clean, people at the front desk were there for anything and were friendly . the shuttle took me back and forth to the airport and other places I needed to go and it was very convenient , especially in the cold weather. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: choose studio like room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Claudio G
SSB2001, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your guest suite and the hotel's amenities...specifically our complimentary shuttle service. We also appreciate you alerting us to the high dust you found in your suite, we will be sure to address this as well. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stay at hotels quite often and have stayed at this property in the past. I was extremely impressed with the service received during our stay. We had booked a room at a different hotel in the area and decided at the last minute to change to this hotel. I called the hotel and spoke to the Assistant General Manager Trevor, who was extremely helpful and was able to get us into a room at the last minute. We had several questions about local restaurants and other attractions; Trevor was more than willing to answer all of our questions. I had a minor issue with the bill on the day I checked out and the front desk person Vanessa was also very polite and helpful. The entire hotel was very clean and overall was a great place to stay. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel and will definitely be returning in the near-future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
SSB2001, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I am glad to hear our staff, and Trevor and Vanessa n particular, made a positive impression during your stay. I will be sure to share these comments with them as well! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here November 29-December 1. We were very happy with our "apartment" for the weekend. The suite was very clean and spacious, it would be a great room for families or a group of friends. It is nice to have a full sized fridge in the room instead of a mini one.
The free breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast but convenient to get something quickly before you go.
We checked out the pool area but decided not to go in as there were a lot of people in it (it was a busy holiday weekend). The shuttle to MOA was great, we didn't want to find parking there because it was a busy weekend.
Every staff member we came across were very friendly and helpful, the girl working on the evening of November 30th (I can't remember her name) went above and beyond for us when I lost my wallet. It was my own fault but this employee tried to help out in many ways which was greatly appreciated.
We will definitely return to this hotel because of the great rooms but mostly because of the customer service we received!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing these comments with us. Our staff works hard to make a positive impression on our guests, and I am excited to hear that they did this during your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your guest suite and hotel amenities, and hope to have the opportunity to host you again down the road.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at the staybridge suites bloomington from oct 10th to 14th 2013 we had a fantastic stay a very nice suite very clean and comfortable we were picked up at the airport and taken back by mini bus and each day we used the mini bus service to the mall of america this is a real bonus.The staff are amongst the friendliest i have come across on my travels. we had the complimentary meal when we arrived (thursday) was ok when you have travelled for 23 hours the breakfast was fine you could find something to your liking if we come to minneapolis again we would book this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
SSB2001, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, from your visit in October! Our staff works very hard to ensure they make a positive impression with our guests, and I am glad to hear that happened during your stay! We are also thrilled to hear you enjoyed our free shuttle service and complimentary Food and Beverage options. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I choose Staybridge whenever there is one near my destination. I have stay at them from Florida to Maryland and beyond and have never been disappointed. This one must be pretty close to the Mall of America since there was a sign indicating shuttle service to and from. The room was clean (as usual) and spacious (as usual) and the breakfast and evening dinner were great (as usual). Take notice though, the evening meal is only offered Tuesday through Thursday.
The only less than positive thing I can say is the streets and roads around this property are VERY difficult to navigate due to all the silly round-a-bouts (traffic circles) you have to get through to get there. This is of course not a fault of Staybridge Suites, but the City of Bloomington.

Room Tip: They're all good!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank digger-ace
SSB2001, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments from your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your guest suite, along with the complimentary breakfast and social reception. We hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife and I returned for our fourth visit to the Staybridge in recent years and for the most part it did not disappoint. The hotel accommodations were very nice - probably our best room there yet - the breakfast hasn't been the victim of cost cutting like you see in other hotels and the staff tend to treat you like family.

We keep coming back to this hotel because of its features - a wonderful, huge breakfast selection, comfortable rooms with a full fridge, dishwasher, 10-cup coffeemaker, two flat-screen TVs with DVD player, a nice swimming pool area and a shuttle service to Mall of America just down the highway.

The only thing that spoiled this trip was someone scraped the side of our car with their car and no one will take responsibility for it. The person who did it did not report it. The front desk clerk's response was "We don't take responsibility for accidents in the parking lot." She did offer so call the police so I could file a report, though.The damage was not extensive but it's a foot-long paint scrape and crease that would be expensive enough to drive up the cost of my car insurance. The odd thing is, I always thought this hotel had some of the biggest parking spaces I had ever seen. When I parked there on Friday evening we were near the front door but well within the lines painted on the concrete lot. Sunday morning the car was still in the same spot but had been scraped.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face south over a grassy area then a neighboring business. Rooms on the east...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad to hear you have enjoyed your stays with us, and that our staff has made you feel welcome, that is our top priority! I am truly sorry to hear about the scrape on your vehicle. We attempt to handle these situations as professionally and courteously as possible, and assist our guests with filing these accident reports if they wish to. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions or need anything from us. Thank you!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Just returned from a couple of day vacation in Bloomington and stayed at the Staybridge Suites. This is a very nice hotel that is conveniently located to just about everything in the southern part of the Twin Cities.

The Good:
- Very nice room, spacious and comfortable.
- The bed was good, the bathroom very large and there was a living room / kitchen and a bedroom - both with tv's.
- The staff was very nice and friendly.
- The full kitchen (minus a stove) was great for us as we deal with a pretty severe food allergy and there was a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods a few miles away. This would be excellent for any long trips too.

The Not So Good
- The remote for the tv in the living room was kinda gross
- We did not get housekeeping, which may have been their policy, or, we slept in a bit so they may have been done with that floor.
- There was some trash under the chair in the bedroom
- The pillows were a bit soft for my liking, but there were extras in the closet, which was more than sufficient
- The hallways were oddly narrow
- They ran out of food on Sunday morning for breakfast
- There was a bit of mold / staining on the corner of the inside shower curtain and the water pressure was low

The Bad
Nothing - this is a good hotel

I wish that I could give 4.5 stars instead of 5. This is a very good hotel and we would gladly go back

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Climate_Guy
SSB2001, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I was glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel location, your guest suite, and that our staff made a positive impression on your stay. I will be sure to share your comments in regards to your suite with our Housekeeping staff as well, so the necessary improvements can be made. Again, we truly appreciate the feedback, and hope to see you again soon!