“Very nice property! Very close to Mall of America/Ikea”

Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Omaha
“Very nice property! Very close to Mall of America/Ikea”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed here two nights for business. Finding the hotel is a little tricky. It is surrounded by corporate buildings. You might have to circle around to find it.

The check in staff was fantastic at such a late hour. Upon entering was very impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the lobby. The front desk staff were very helpful on directing us to good places to eat open late after our long drive from Omaha.

The rooms were nice suite style. Very clean, you can tell they recently painted/new carpet/bathroom counters,etc. A little more attention to the details on doors/trim etc and it will be fantastic. For the close proximity to the airport and interstate, you really don't hear either.

Breakfast was good continental style, better than most. Hot food is extra. Starbucks located at hotel.

Shuttles run to/from airport and Mall of America frequently.

All in all a good stay. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
NE Nebraska
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This is a quality property. The people working the front desk do a great job. They not only check you in and out but also work on keeping the coffee and breakfast items well stocked. Comfortable beds and plenty of space. The only thing I wish they would add is a microwave oven in the rooms. Overall a great place and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The hotel is aesthetically pleasing but that's where it ends. Our rooms toilet handle was broken upon arrival and was not fixed upon departure. Thankfully we were not in the room a lot. We were really excited about the hotel serving Starbucks coffee. However, the staff is not properly trained in making the specialty beverages which they sell, double boo and a bad look for both companies. Lastly the show drained slow which was just creepy and it felt like I was going to step through the tub due to the poor quality of it. There are plenty of hotels in the area that are similarly priced. I would highly recommend another one

• Stayed June 2012
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I am a very frequent business traveler and am always hyper-conscious of the hotels where I stay. This time I was traveling with my family and wanted a hotel that was convenient to the Mall Of America. Our family thoroughly enjoyed our stay. My 3 children ages 5 and under loved the pool, which was much better than a typical hotel pool. The lobby is large and inviting, the rooms were spacious and very clean, the staff were all very friendly and the breakfast was good. It was very nice to have a shuttle to the Mall. I have stayed at several Hyatt Places and this is my new favorite. I will definitely stay here again for business or personal travel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank les s
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

I stay here regularly now when I come to MSP, after trying the Park Plaza, the Residence Inn and others. The staff here is just so friendly and willing to help out. I had a flight canceled and they got me another night at my corporate rate with no trouble.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jrgray
Illinois
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I am a huge Hyatt Fan - even stay enough each year to get a Platinum Card. However, this was the worst Hyatt experience - EVER. The room itself - top notch Hyatt quality. The service however, ABSOLUTELY HORRID - WORST. SERVICE. EVER.

Check in - reservation was messed up. Check-in person went to "talk to sales" about it. Never came back. 5 minutes later, the other person took it upon himself to help me - got it straightened out. Two strikes in the first 2 minutes.

Breakfast. Our party - and 2 other separate parties - placed our orders (which we pay for) using the computer at the counter (as instructed). All egg plates - all took over 25 minutes - and the food only arrived after EACH party complained to the desk clerk. When the kitchen area person was asked about status of the order - VERY VERY VERY RUDE comments "working on it" - the walked away. Of course, just getting the attention of ANY EMPLOYEE was a challenge in itself. They would look right at a guest, and as soon as the guest started to speak, the employee would walk away. PATHETIC!! Strikes 2, 3, 4 thu 9.

Then, what's even worse - we, the guests, had to get out of the way of the workers constantly. The workers would congregate constantly in the lobby blocking main paths, blocking exit doors, and just stand there talking and laughing. They wouldn't move for ANY guests - ever. They even stood outside the elevator doors, and made it nearly impossible for any guests to get off the elevator. The workers never moved - at all - no effort whatsoever. As we were leaving, trying to climb over the lobby furniture (practically) to exit, one of our party bumped her guitar case into a table - and the workers LAUGHED and said "Serves you right".

MOST RUDE EMPLOYEES EVER. Only ONE out of the 12 I saw had ANY sense of common everyday courtesy. If I managed that place, I'd FIRE EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE - and hire high school teenagers!!!!

Never in my life have the workers made guests feel like we were troubling them by wasting our money there. And it wasn't just me - other guests I talked to in the elevators (after we pushed our way through the congregating non-working employees) also said the same thing.

A true disgrace to the Hyatt name and the hotel business in general.

NEVER EVER STAY THERE! There are 50 more hotels near Mall of America to choose from.

PATHETIC!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 66traveler2009
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We had an excellent stay. It is starting to show it's age but it is very clean. The staff is top of the line. I don't think we ran into one person that did not say "hi" to us. The pool is clean and had some fun toys. The elevator was bit slow. The breakfast had some nice fruit options, oatmeal, juices (including tomato juice which is rare), donuts, muffins, bread and coffee. The shuttle service was quite efficient to the Mall of America and the airport and the driver was very friendly. The rooms are amazing. They are very spacious with an extra large sofa, great lighting and one of the best TV's I've seen in a hotel room. The bathroom is odd. The cammode and shower are in a seperate room (very small) and the sink an mirror in the main bedroom. This works well, one person can shower and another can get ready. However, it's a bit of a challenge to get dressed in the small area. You can get beer and wine 24 hours a day along with Starbucks. Each time we purchased a beverage the staff talked with us and asked how are stay was. We will be back!

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family