There are 5 things I look for when I'm looking for a hotel (in no particular order): complimentary breakfast and wi-fi/internet, free parking, layout of guest rooms, and cleanliness. And, since it was literally last minute, the Hyatt Place was the one we ended up choosing.
Our family of 7 stayed at the Hyatt for an overnight stay. It was a two double bed room with a living room and kitchenette, which I thought was pretty nice; and it even had a little desk with an office chair in the corner too. The only odd thing was that the bathroom counter and sink were outside of the bathroom. The bathroom only had the toilet and shower/bathtub in it, which felt a little cramped. The sofa also turned into a queen sleeper but we didn't utilize that. There was no microwave in the kitchenette, just a mini fridge that you could stock yourself. The complimentary breakfast they had was kind of minimal: scrambled eggs and sausage links...and pancakes that tasted like paper. I am not a picky eater by any means; I rip on others for being particular, but the pancakes were hard and tasted like paper. Other than that, they had the usual continental breakfast items. In our hotel room, I noticed some mold/mildew on the corners of the tiles in the bathroom and the ceiling had cracks in it that looked like someone just put plaster of paris over it and left it at that. There was a sliding mirror door to the one and only closet in the room and it was broken; we couldn't even slide it so it was hard trying to put our luggage inside of it. We didn't even bother telling the hotel people because it was just an overnight stay.The hotel also boasted free/complimentary wi-fi, which I thought was a joke. We were only on the 2nd floor but the connection was so weak and slow, it was frustrating; my phone turned into an even better wi-fi hotspot. But why should I have to use my phone when the hotel had wi-fi? It didn't automatically show up as an available network, you had to look it up yourself and I don't know if this was due to the slowness of the connection, but frustrating nonetheless. The hotel did appear to be a little old and outdated here and there. Which is fine for some people, but I like consistency. The rooms were quiet and the beds were comfortable. The kids enjoyed the pool and our room had enough space for them to run around and play. Overall, this was a nice stay; nothing too good to note that we should return, but nothing too bad to say that we should never return. Would we stay here again in the future? Probably not.
But mostly because we like to stay at different hotels to see what they have to offer :D. While the hotel did have all that I was looking for, other than the free parking, the others didn't quite meet up to my expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining style and innovation, the Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport South located in Bloomington offers an array of services and features designed to meet the evolving needs of today's travelers. Featuring spacious guestrooms each with the Hyatt Grand Bed™ and a 42" flat panel HDTV. New Gallery Menu with mouthwatering options including our signature flatbreads, made to order snacks, entrees & much more available 24 hours/7 days a week. Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet™, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, steel cut oatmeal, fresh cut fruit, and more is available daily in our Guest Kitchen. Intimate Bakery Café serves Starbucks® specialty coffees & teas, premium beers & wines. Grab 'n Go case offers new sandwiches & greens from our Gallery Menu and bottled beverages for moments on the run. Complimentary Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel24/7 e-room with complimentary computers and a printerComplimentary onsite parkingComplimentary transportation to and from the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport (MSP) and Mall of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South Hotel Bloomington
- Hyatt Place Bloomington
- Hyatt Bloomington
- Bloomington Hyatt
- Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South Bloomington, North America