“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Des Moines, Iowa
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Seems like I'm not the only one who like the service I got from Jermaine. Everyone was friendly, but his attitude made a good stay into a great one. For the price and location, I don't think this could have been beat. Price includes free parking, wifi and a breakfast? For my family of five, the breakfast saved about $40 a day by not having to go to a restaurant.

Only a couple minor quibbles: The bed was not the most comfortable. Comfy enough, but I've had better at hotels. The wallpaper was starting to peel in the very small bathroom. And there were some really rude people around breakfast time (obviously, not the hotels fault). None of these took away from a really nice experience. I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Nik K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I’m glad your family enjoyed our breakfast and our excellent customer service. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels return you to Minneapolis.

In hospitality,
Nik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 20 February 2014

A reward stay that was brief and non-descript, until a credit card charge was discovered. Was told by 2 separate staff that the charge was inadvertent, and supposedly corrected. However, after 3 phone calls, I had to dispute the charge with Master Card, who agreed to take up the dispute directly with the hotel. I have had that Master Card for 21 years, and it's my first dispute. Their staff did not follow through with copies of supposed credits. After 45 minutes of phone calls, it's not the "reward" stay I thought it was going to be. Would avoid this hotel--not up to Hyatt standards--been a Gold Passport member over 20 years. Too many other hotels to stay at near MSP.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Diana A
Hello Diana,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your experience at our hotel. I apologize we did not display the level of service our guests are accustomed to at our hotel. Next time you travel to Minneapolis, I hope you allow us the opportunity to demonstrate our excellent customer service to you.

All the best,
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Although I wasn't a guest at your property, I did stop in as my sister in-law was staying at a Hyatt Place, turns out she was at the Hyatt Place in Eden Prairie. Jermaine however assisted us in every way possible. He arranged cabs to take us back to our hotel and recommend other routes to the Eden Prairie property. The next time I take a trip to Minneapolis I will be sure to choose your property!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hello Tyler,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding Jermaine. We agree, he’s pretty awesome! We look forward to seeing you when your travels return you to Minneapolis.
All the best,
Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Had to be at the airport very early (4 am) and the shuttle service was great. Also we enjoyed some cocktails at the lobby bar as well as some dinner. They have a menu but also have take out menus and we ordered out pizza. The two employees working that night were friendly and helpful. The rooms were large and clean with nice décor. When we arrived at the airport on our return we called for the shuttle and it arrived to pick us up within 10 minutes. All around a great experience. If you are looking for a park and fly this one is wonderful!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Chris D, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and please let us buy you a drink the next time that you are in town.
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had a nice stay here when my flight got cancelled late one night last winter. It was late at night and I just needed a room so the hotel told me they had one room left for a very inflated price. I didn't buy it, but whatever. It was a nice hotel with a huge room that served it's purpose.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
We are glad that we were able to accomodate you and hope that we see you again in the near future.
Cary, IL
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Positives: Most of the hotel staff were nice and tried to help. Rooms were quite spacious.
Negatives: Parking lot was a mess (a giant puddle on a warm day or solid ice if cold). Breakfast area was very crowded with limited selections. Hotel has some problems keeping the right temperature - breakfast area is really cold when outside temps are below zero. Our room was hot (even with the heater off) - heat just seemed to rise from lower floors (we were on the 4th floor). They messed up my bill and I've called several times - mostly leaving messages for the manager and they don't call back. After 3-4 days of calling and leaving messages, I finally got through with a hotel manager - who promised the billing error was resolved; however, it's not yet showing up on my credit card (will assume they will get it right). The not returning several calls is rather inconsiderate.

Room Tip: If it is in the winter and you want your room warm, maybe a higher floor is better. Find a quiet ti...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chris D, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
I apologize for the delay in our response, but am glad the credit was issued. I know that it can be frustrating as it takes 3-5 days for the processor to get this to show on your account. We should have had this right the first time and you have my sincerest apologies.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2014

There was only one incompetent person checking in guests, taking orders for room service, hailing cabs/shuttle, cooking up the food, etc etc. The worst hotel ever. The food was a crime. Pizza had half an inch of cheese with no sauce and was cold and stale, even though it was just cooked up. The Caesar salad was drenched with dressing; the salad was essentially buried by dressing as high up as the snow outside. Burger was insipid! How can someone possibly screw up a burger???

The driver in the shuttle to the hotel took forever!! I was waiting at airport and watching every possible shuttle from other hotels take their guests. Hyatt took over 20mins. The driver was a grumpy black guy.

Room is lit with unattractive fluorescent lights everywhere. Hallways had tray after tray of barely eaten food sitting outside rooms, allowing the rancid smell of awful food to diffuse throughout. Also we were facing a parking lot... How beguiling.

People who like this hotel may not have expectations. Thus, if you have low expectations and just wanna sleep, this may not even be the place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank J L
We apologize that your stay was not a pleasant one and I will reach out to you to discuss in person. Our sincerest apologies.