“Excellent Cusotmer Service”

Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My company hosted a customer meeting at the Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport-South. I have been involved in organizing and hosting these type of meetings for years. I can unequivocally say that this hotel provided the best guest, meeting and food services of any hotel I've used in the past. From the hospitality of the complete staff to the high quality of the food our experience was excellent. We have other customer meetings planned in the upcoming months and we will definitely be using this hotel as the host.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport-South. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

After 5 hours of flying and being sick on top of that I was in need of a good rest. I booked this place online for location to Mall of the Americas and the airport and they completely exceeded my expections. The room are large with a big sofa, 60" flat screen, pc and other ports, king size beds, a small kitchen and a nice bathroom area. The room was also spotless. They have an indoor pool and a fitness center with 24 hour room service. Breakfast is included so for $110 dollars this was a great bargain. Even though you are close to the airport you rarely hear a jet. They have shuttle service to the mall and the airport so renting a car was not necessary.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rick S

Rick S, We are so glad you stayed with us & took the time to write this review. Thank you for your feedback we truly appreciate it. We hope to see you back soon at the Hyatt Place..

Kind Regards,

Ryan

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We recently stayed before & after our trip to Mexico, doing park & stay.
We have stayed at this hotel & like it very much. The bed area is separated from sofa area by 1/2 wall & has the large flat screen that can be seen from either area.
On our return, it was after 10 pm when we checked in & we were exhausted from a long day of travel. We got the last king room, & it was located on bottom floor. No problem. Problem was the keys didn't work. The man at the desk didn't seem to believe me but issued 2 new ones & accompanied us to room. Nope, they did not work. He let us in w his master so we had no keys for our room & it didn't concern him at all. Later when we used the bathroom noticed a urine odor & spots on the floor that did not look like urine or I would have called. ? shampoo spill, I don't know.
After running the shower odor not noted, so maybe the shower needed to be rinsed well. Gross anyway. At mid nite we just weren't up to moving to a queen room.
We like this hotel & have not had any issues in past so think this is isolated. I mentioned it at checkout & she didn't seem concerned either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NortherngalB
Nik K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Nik

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. Our goal is to not only meet but exceed our guest’s expectations, it appears we fell short of our goal in this instance, and for that I apologize. Your comments will be shared with our entire hotel team to ensure situations like this are not repeated for future guests. We look forward to your return next time you return to the area.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel is really very convenient for travelers. Ir is very close to the airport and offers a very comfortable room and amenities.
The assess roads at night can be confuse but it is fine to get in.
The breakfast is good and the prices are reasonable
Good option at Minneapolis airport

Room Tip: good for short stay
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at out hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Seems like I'm not the only one who like the service I got from Jermaine. Everyone was friendly, but his attitude made a good stay into a great one. For the price and location, I don't think this could have been beat. Price includes free parking, wifi and a breakfast? For my family of five, the breakfast saved about $40 a day by not having to go to a restaurant.

Only a couple minor quibbles: The bed was not the most comfortable. Comfy enough, but I've had better at hotels. The wallpaper was starting to peel in the very small bathroom. And there were some really rude people around breakfast time (obviously, not the hotels fault). None of these took away from a really nice experience. I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I’m glad your family enjoyed our breakfast and our excellent customer service. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels return you to Minneapolis.

In hospitality,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

A reward stay that was brief and non-descript, until a credit card charge was discovered. Was told by 2 separate staff that the charge was inadvertent, and supposedly corrected. However, after 3 phone calls, I had to dispute the charge with Master Card, who agreed to take up the dispute directly with the hotel. I have had that Master Card for 21 years, and it's my first dispute. Their staff did not follow through with copies of supposed credits. After 45 minutes of phone calls, it's not the "reward" stay I thought it was going to be. Would avoid this hotel--not up to Hyatt standards--been a Gold Passport member over 20 years. Too many other hotels to stay at near MSP.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Diana A

Hello Diana,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your experience at our hotel. I apologize we did not display the level of service our guests are accustomed to at our hotel. Next time you travel to Minneapolis, I hope you allow us the opportunity to demonstrate our excellent customer service to you.

All the best,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Although I wasn't a guest at your property, I did stop in as my sister in-law was staying at a Hyatt Place, turns out she was at the Hyatt Place in Eden Prairie. Jermaine however assisted us in every way possible. He arranged cabs to take us back to our hotel and recommend other routes to the Eden Prairie property. The next time I take a trip to Minneapolis I will be sure to choose your property!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hello Tyler,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding Jermaine. We agree, he’s pretty awesome! We look forward to seeing you when your travels return you to Minneapolis.
All the best,