“Best hotel ever!”

Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The service here is excellent!!! The staff goes above and beyond with a smile. Everyone is extremely friendly, professional, and sincere. I throughly enjoyed my stay and I wish every hotel operated at this caliber. Customer service beyond anything I have ever seen!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Frances R, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Ashley E, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. It is so great to hear such wonderful words about the staff going above and beyond with smiles. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

i realize the "new hyatt" experience is to be comfy/homey; i stayed here for one night on business and was happy with the plush room and comfy bed and decent bathroom/split with basin in dressing area; toiletries were sub-par (very basic) as was the coffee/tea in room; the workout area was small with few equipment but not busy; the staff were very friendly but the food service for room service required me to go down and pick it up (they had forgotten about me) and the morning breakfast was a bit scattered with selections (hot were cold and cold were warm); the desk staff seemed a little mystified with being efficient (trainees?); the food i had in room on night of visit (salad and soup) was excellent as was the chocolate cake i had later; the location was very convenient to airport (5min/$10 taxi ride but I used shuttle and it was prompt); i did not have chance to get to "the mall" but it seemed very close; all in all, safe business stay for one night with good room but i would be hesitant to make a few nights there as limited food selection and questionable "service" to business caliber needs

Room Tip: it was quiet even though right near runways; i heard planes minimally (I kinda enjoy the sounds!) ev...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Frances R, Assistant General Manaer at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Hello, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your plush and comfy room. I apologize for the issue with the food service. We have since worked to improve our speed in the kitchen to ensure that food is out in a timely matter. We hope you choose us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here for business mid-week. Arrived late and was taken to the hotel by prompt hotel shuttle - check in was fast and I noticed several guests clustered in the smallish areas surrounding the front desk - they sell food and wine/beer for purchase. I was tired so went straight to my room. Large, clean room with everything that should be expected. Huge 60' HD television that swivels so it can be comfortably viewed from the suite area (with wraparound couch and ottoman) or the bed. I've never seen a room configuration like this before, with the bathroom by the outer wall instead of against hallway. Seems like a design nightmare but really works - nice not to have to walk so far in the middle of the night if you have to get up and use the bathroom. Bathroom fixtures and tile were clean and functional, which is a rarety these days.

The room was quiet despite being one of the closest hotels to the airport. In the morning I checked out (but you can do room checkout if you're in a hurry) and asked for some information about the mall of America and other local attractions. The front desk rep was a petite African American woman - wish I had taken down her name because she deserves special recognition from the management. Really helpful and informative, just a sweetheart. My business concluded early so I used the hotel shuttle to go to the Mall of America. I have no complaints whatsoever about my stay. My compliments to the management and staff.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 413 near the elevator. Room is clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave so many great comments regarding your recent experience. We are so glad to hear that you found your room to be spacious and clean. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My company hosted a customer meeting at the Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport-South. I have been involved in organizing and hosting these type of meetings for years. I can unequivocally say that this hotel provided the best guest, meeting and food services of any hotel I've used in the past. From the hospitality of the complete staff to the high quality of the food our experience was excellent. We have other customer meetings planned in the upcoming months and we will definitely be using this hotel as the host.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport-South. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

After 5 hours of flying and being sick on top of that I was in need of a good rest. I booked this place online for location to Mall of the Americas and the airport and they completely exceeded my expections. The room are large with a big sofa, 60" flat screen, pc and other ports, king size beds, a small kitchen and a nice bathroom area. The room was also spotless. They have an indoor pool and a fitness center with 24 hour room service. Breakfast is included so for $110 dollars this was a great bargain. Even though you are close to the airport you rarely hear a jet. They have shuttle service to the mall and the airport so renting a car was not necessary.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rick S

Rick S, We are so glad you stayed with us & took the time to write this review. Thank you for your feedback we truly appreciate it. We hope to see you back soon at the Hyatt Place..

Kind Regards,

Ryan

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We recently stayed before & after our trip to Mexico, doing park & stay.
We have stayed at this hotel & like it very much. The bed area is separated from sofa area by 1/2 wall & has the large flat screen that can be seen from either area.
On our return, it was after 10 pm when we checked in & we were exhausted from a long day of travel. We got the last king room, & it was located on bottom floor. No problem. Problem was the keys didn't work. The man at the desk didn't seem to believe me but issued 2 new ones & accompanied us to room. Nope, they did not work. He let us in w his master so we had no keys for our room & it didn't concern him at all. Later when we used the bathroom noticed a urine odor & spots on the floor that did not look like urine or I would have called. ? shampoo spill, I don't know.
After running the shower odor not noted, so maybe the shower needed to be rinsed well. Gross anyway. At mid nite we just weren't up to moving to a queen room.
We like this hotel & have not had any issues in past so think this is isolated. I mentioned it at checkout & she didn't seem concerned either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NortherngalB
Nik K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Nik

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. Our goal is to not only meet but exceed our guest’s expectations, it appears we fell short of our goal in this instance, and for that I apologize. Your comments will be shared with our entire hotel team to ensure situations like this are not repeated for future guests. We look forward to your return next time you return to the area.

Kind Regards,
Nik

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel is really very convenient for travelers. Ir is very close to the airport and offers a very comfortable room and amenities.
The assess roads at night can be confuse but it is fine to get in.
The breakfast is good and the prices are reasonable
Good option at Minneapolis airport

Room Tip: good for short stay
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at out hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.