“Finest Service”

“Finest Service”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I travel all over the Midwestern US
The Country Inn and Suites Inn West Bloomington is just like Home
From the clean rooms to the wonderful staff I always look forward to my stays at this hotel
You can always count on a smiling face
It is obvious this starts at the top with their wonderful General Manager MS Angela Gruber
She and her staff is the reason I always stay here when I have business in the Twin Cities
What a pleasure after a longggg.. travel day to see Heather's smiling face when I drag myself in from the road to check in :)
They provide the FINEST SERVICE!!!
RWright, RWRacing LLC

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank randy w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Minneapolis
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel in July while attending Convergence 2013. The room was comfortable and clean. I reserved a king sized bed, and think the wardrobe was a little large for the space, but no complaints.

Hotel, restaurant, and shuttle driver were very nice. Shuttle driver was even kind enough to wait for me while I had to run back to my room. Breakfast buffet was very good, lots of choices!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ScarlettVetter
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Called to check on reservation,Gm Angela,not so people friendly!Have stayed at the place more than ten times,and when she there,she never can accomadate our needs!Called for a shuttle ride from MOA,no driver available to pick us up,for two hrs,Gm,stated,he was on a business run!I have a baby,and who can wait that long,in the shuttle area!Love the hotel staff in general!The new girl third shift,and TJ,third shift,really stands out,very helpful,and friendly!Breakfast is average,but they never have bacon!The breakfast staff in great!Remembers us all the time,and always,smiling,and helpful!Love the suites,king sofa rms,standard rms,arent good with children,bathroom,you have no room,to breathe!Housekeeping rocks,and are very friendly!Shuttle drivers Scott,Brad,and Tim,goes all their way,to make sure you smile,and have a great ride,and day!Food in the restaurant,is average,the pizza,is very good though!Love the area,the hotel is in,everything you need is close by!Want to continue to stay here,but the Gm,needs to understand,if it wasn't for the guest,she wouldn't be there!Also keep the coffee filled more,keep the mint,and cookies coming!Forgot to say Heather assistant Gm,Rocks,she is really there,to make the guest happy!

Room Tip: Standard room,as a couple,is ok!But I would get a suit,or a king,and sofa couch,because,you will hav...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The Country Inn and Suites in Bloomington isn't right next to the Mall of America but if you are willing to drive about 5-7 minutes to get there this is the place to stay. Great beds, excellent breakfast (included) and the rates are 30-50 cheaper than closer to the mall.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank kriscv
Yankton
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights with two kids. Beds were comfortable queens. The bathroms area is extremely small and sink area has no countertops or a place to hang a towel (minor...but yet annoying). Our room was clean. The breakfast was more than the average continental but it would run out fast and then you have to wait quite awhile for them to restock. Location was just off the interstate but was a little difficult to get to. All in all the stay was just average for the price. I think I'll try something different next time I stay in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
countryinnblgw, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington West, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very sorry that your stay was just "Ok" and not great. I do appreciate the feedback regarding the bathrooms and we are looking into doing the bathroom renovations either this winter or next spring. Again, thank you for your time and your feedback.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 November 2013

It was nice to get to the hotel and see that the hotel exceeded my expectations. I had a king-sized bed in my room, and it was very comfortable. The room itself was clean, spacious and quiet! The reason I decided to stay here was because when looking for hotels in the area, I wanted to get a room with a mini-fridge and microwave. It came in handy for keeping snacks and reheating leftovers. Everyone was very friendly, and the morning breakfast had one or two hot items each day. It's close to Target, other stores and of course Mall of America!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Toledo, Iowa
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and have recommended it to friends. Each time we have had an excellent experience. Very clean and well-kept hotel.
The staff there have gone out of their way to not only recommend easier routes but places to see and places to eat when we ask And each time we came back, they always wanted to know if their recommendations were good and if we enjoyed ourselves.
It is probably more of a business hotel but for our our group of four adults and four kids it was perfect. They were great with our families. The kids enjoyed the pool area and everyone enjoyed the breakfast they had each day we were there. It included a nice selection and was good.
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family