“Best place for sushi in the MOA”
Review of Tiger Sushi

Tiger Sushi
Ranked #47 of 223 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Black River Falls, Wisconsin
“Best place for sushi in the MOA”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

After a disappointing experience at the Masu and promising myself to never eat the sushi in the food court again, I decided to try the Tiger Sushi. I wish I would have gone there before the other two places.

The waitresses were pleasant and were helpful when I had questions about their Philly Roll---my favorite, but a lot of places put in avocado (which I hate). They even said they could change the Philly Roll when I discovered they use flying fish roe in theirs (an ingredient I also don't like in sushi). I don't think I've had sushi prepared so quickly. I've been to places that seem to take forever to order a couple rolls (even when sitting at the sushi bar) and here they were in front of me a couple minutes after ordering.

Their tuna roll was pretty decent. Not the best I've ever tasted, but certainly better than the other two sushi places in the mall. The Philly Roll was probably one of the best I've had---they used smoked salmon in theirs instead of raw salmon and it gave it an interesting and robust flavor to it.

As with most places, there are a couple cons. Though the decor was nice, the Plexiglass of the sushi bar was a little bit beat up and should be replaced. They do have a wider selection of sushi than the other two sushi places in the mall, but some of them are sort of overpriced. However, if you're going to eat sushi in the Mall of America I'd rather put my money at the Tiger because I left feeling satisfied and happy to have gone there.

Farmington, Minnesota
“Good sushi”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Had dinner here with my husband and kids on September 22nd... I had just returned from the west coast and had been craving sushi. I thought the sushi was quite good, but the prices were a bit high, even though the restaurant is located in the Mall of America (everything is a bit overpriced at MOA).
Definitely try the Top 10 roll, as well as the Tiger Balls. Very good.

Spooner, Wisconsin
“A MOA favorite”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

i always end up going here while at the mall shopping and I'm never disappointed. The customer service has always been great, the food well prepared and QUICK! This last visit I was pleased to find a gluten free menu and all my favorites were on it. The meal was delicious and i love washing it down with sparkling sake. I will continue to go here as i just think they do a great job of food and service.

1 Thank A K
Babbitt, Minnesota
“Best Sushi sampler, long prep but worth the wait”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I love sushi and I wanted to try Tiger Sushi thinking it was fast ready to go. But when we ordered the Sampler it took 30-45min to prepare, at first I was like I am hungry and don't want to wait around. But when my order was ready and I looked at the sushi it looked freshly rolled, the fish was a deep color, and the taste was so good you thought it was a high end sushi restaurant. I am looking forward to our trip to Mall Of America so I can visit Tiger Sushi again.

Visited August 2013
United States
“Nice server, terrible sushi. Not fresh. Canned crabmeat that was smelly.”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stopped for a quick snack during a marathon shopping trip. We wanted a cold beverage and a few quick bites.
A server quickly showed us to a counter and gave us two icy glasses of water.

The plexi-glass between the customer and the sushi "chefs" is super old and dirty. We had a view of the backside of a "chef" and some dirty dishes ON his prep surface!!

No interaction with the "chefs" whatsoever. And when our sushi arrived, it was a mess. The rice was not sticky so it resembled a plate of rice with some sesame seeds sprinkled on it. Impossible to eat with either chopsticks or a fork. And the crab was OFF. It was a canned and shredded crab meat that tasted strongly of fish.

Bad food.