“Park and Stay Service is Helpful”

Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis. - St. Paul Airport the night before our 6:30 AM flight. Front Desk Staff was very helpful by suggesting restaurants for dinner and providing us with directions to a suitable place. The 5:00 AM shuttle service to the airport on Saturday morning worked very well. When we returned the following Saturday afternoon we called the Hampton after we claimed our bags. We were told that the shuttle would pick us up in 15 minutes. 40 minutes later, the shuttle finally arrived to take us to our SUV which was parked at the Hampton. There were no traffic issues on that Saturday afternoon, so we felt no need to tip the driver for his lousy service.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2TravelersMn

Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

We used the park and stay service it worked great even with our 1 am arrival into the airport. We where dropped off right at our car after words and had a very fast pick up. We have already booked the park and stay for our next trip comparable pricing to airport parking for our trip.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank cmwinter
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I stayed here overnight during a layover. Booked through the Hotels dot com site and got a great price. Took the free shuttle to and from the airport, and the same free shuttle to the nearby mall of America. It was all excellent and I would definitely stay here for a layover through MSP again.
Room layout with one King on the 5th floor was very good

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank John S
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Excellent:

First off, I have to say the beds at this hotel were the most comfortable I have *ever* slept in. I've stayed at quite a few hotels, including many Hamptons, and these beds blew them all away. I don't know if the beds were really new or unusually well taken-care of, but they were insanely comfortable.

Additionally, breakfast is very well stocked, and they keep the breakfast area extremely tidy. The breakfast person did a good job of wiping down tables as people left, even at the busiest time. And the shuttle service is phenomenal: it runs every half hour to the mall, and every time I took it, it was prompt and safe. Even though the hotel is close to the Mall of America, it's nice not to have to drive (especially if you want to get some drinks).

Good:

The staff is all very competent, courteous, and professional. Everyone was polite, and check-in was very prompt. It perhaps could have stood to be a little more friendly; everyone was perfectly polite, but a little reserved. For example, the front desk staff tended not to say hello when one walked by the desk, and I didn't have much luck making small-talk. But that may just be a Minnesota thing.

The rooms aren't huge, but they're reasonably large, and even though my room wasn't a suite, it still had a fridge and microwave, which was nice. The bathrooms are nice too, and the water pressure is reasonably strong.

Drawbacks:

One nice thing is that I didn't hear any noise from the hallways at all. However, I could hear some noise from the next room over. I could definitely hear them talking, though I couldn't tell what they were saying, but I was able to successfully drown that out with by keeping the in-room fan on. Additionally, the toilet in the bathroom was *really* loud. It wasn't an issue for me since I was alone, but if I'd been with someone, I think it would have awakened anyone sleeping the room when it was flushed. You can also hear airplanes taking off and landing, particularly on the airport-side of the hotel, but it's not too bad. I didn't have any issues sleeping, but people who are very light sleepers might have issues with it.

Summary:

Overall, this is a great hotel, and I'd definitely recommend it to others! It's very reasonable for the price, and I had a great time.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Linda V
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Hotel was clean, free shuttle and breakfast were nice. Can see airport, and mall of America from the hotel.

But it just felt so impersonal, businesslike. The parking was horrible, the lot was always full, since so close to the airport I think they allow people to park and fly. 2 nights we had to park quite a distance away from the hotel and it's parking lot. I would stay again if it were just me, traveling on business. But for a family trip, I'd book something that had more to offer kids.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Canada_Gurlie
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stayed here for four night,s dec. 27-31.The hotel was very clean and quiet.The breakfast in the morning was perfect,with lot,s of choices to eat.The all day coffee and tea and hot chocolate was a bonus after a hard day of shopping at the mall.The mall and airport shuttle worked out perfect for us.leaving every half hour.If youve never stayed at a Hampton Inn,this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Golf3533
Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. The beds are comfortable and even though you're 5 minutes from the airport, you can't hear a sound. They offer complimentary shuttle to the mall of America and the airport. I even got a to go breakfast to take with me for I left at 3 am. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012