“Always excellent”

Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
“Always excellent”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times the night before an early flight out of MSP. My experience has always been excellent. The property is spacious, clean, bright, and well-maintained. They have great service - from the front desk, to housekeeping, to breakfast, to shuttle drivers. The 24-hour shuttle is an amazing amenity, and the shuttle driver even remembered me from my last trip.
The location is also extremely near IKEA, the Mall of America, and plenty of other shopping and dining. You won't be disappointed if you stay at this property.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Ohio
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The location was convenient and offered a shuttle both to the airport and to Mall of America for people who wanted to go there. Either I was really tired, or the hotel was pretty well sound-proofed because I did not hear the planes in my room. The next morning, they were definitely loud while I was waiting outside for the shuttle to the airport. My room was clean and very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My flight arrived at MSP at midnight and my connecting flight wasn't scheduled to depart until 0800. Finding a room to have a short sleep seemed like a good idea. The room rate and 24 hour shuttle was attractive so I booked a room for my family. My call for the shuttle was answered promptly and cheerfully. It took about 20 minutes to get to the airport, but the driver/front desk clerk was pleasant and advised me about the shuttle schedule for returning to the airport. He checked us in promptly into a huge (library) room. It was clean and we settled in for a too-short sleep. We stumbled down to the breakfast room at 0600 so that we could make the 0630 shuttle. Breakfast was the typical Hampton fare. The shuttle left promptly and we were on our way back to the airport.

I don't know when I'll have the occasion to be back in Minneapolis again, but if I ever come back and need a place to stay, this Hampton would be one of my top choices.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel has a great location. It is 5 minutes away from the MOA and 5-10 minutes away from the airport. Yes like some of the other reviewers have mentioned you can hear the planes fly overhead, but they stop around 10 PM so you won't be kept up at night by the sound of engines. They have a shuttle to the airport which runs 24 hours a day and leaves the hotel every half hour which is very nice. They also have a shuttle that runs to the MOA twice every hour at the 20 and 50 marks. The room is very clean and the beds are very clean too. They change the duvet covers which is nice because the other hotel I stayed at earlier this week they didn't change the duvet covers. This room is actually cleaner and nicer than the other hotel I stayed at here in Minneapolis. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Minneapolis.

2 Thank jimg9321
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Everything about this hotel was pretty nice. It seemed new; my room was huge; the breakfast was pretty good and in line with expectations at this class of hotel. The location is convenient to the airport but otherwise a little difficult; the Mall of America is about a 10-minute walk way and the train line has two or three stops within 10 minutes, but there are no restaurants or convenience stores immediately nearby. The hotel itself has a limited selection of drinks and snacks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Boise, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Being stuck somewhere because you missed your connecting flight is never the happiest experience, but this was a good place to rest until I could catch a flight home the next day. This hotel is a short drive from the airport and the complimentary shuttle was very convenient. And it was helpful to have complimentary breakfast so I could just eat and get to the airport in the morning. I would definitely consider staying here if I were stranded in Minneapolis again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is ideal for anyone who wants to be close to the MSP airport, but far enough away that you aren't kept up at night by planes taking off/landing. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful and the hotel is extremely clean and modern. The rooms are a great size and the bed are very comfortable. The workout room is a decent size with a variety of machines and free weights, and is very clean and well kept. I was very happy with my stay and would book at the hotel again next time I am in the area.