“Much more than expected”

SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America
Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 6 July 2014

To be honest, I would probably not have picked this hotel except the rest of the family reunion crew was staying there. I thought it was too close to the airport and a major highway to be a restful/relaxing place. Well, color me wrong! We were on the fifth (top) floor within "spitting" distance of the airport and could not hear any planes at any time. It was amazing! Couldn't hear any traffic, either. The room was more than comfortable and provided "stretching" space. My husband and I both enjoyed the breakfast buffet - loved the fresh strawberries. The bar was a nice touch. Best of all - we were less than an easy five minutes from the Mall of America!! Thank goodness someone besides me was picking the hotel or we would have missed a very nice stay!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is by far one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. (And I've stayed in many hotels across the US and abroad.)

We showed up way too early to check in. But the front desk guy invited us to eat some of the breakfast and said we could take the shuttle to the MOA. Upon returning from the mall in the evening, we were met with a very pleasant front desk lady. She said they accidentally overbooked for our room type and offered us a free upgrade. Yes please! Even gave me a top floor corner room. She was incredibly friendly and helpful. In fact on our second night, we had purchased some frozen items from a store to take back with us, and the hotel let us store it in their freezer!

The room was quiet, spacious, great tv channel selection, mini-fridge, and microwave included. The bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet was quite good. Eggs, sausage, waffles, OJ, etc. Shuttle runs to the MOA and back every half an hour.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My mother and I stayed here for one night as we returned home from a family reunion. The hotel is located between the airport and the Mall of America. It is a little tricky to get to; you just need to watch the signs (we used the directions given at the hotel's website and did just fine). But being five minutes from the above-named locations makes it well worth the trouble finding it. It was clean and the décor was modern-looking. Our room had a king bed, a separate sitting area, and a microwave/refrig area. The breakfast the next morning was good; basic but lots of variety. As we drove up, my mother expressed some worry about airport noise but we never heard any; they must have the world's best sound-proofing! We will definitely stay here again when we travel up this way!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Spent the night due to an early departure. This was my second time staying here and it is a great hotel. My room had a king bed with tv, and a living area with couch, chair, mini fridge, tv and microwave. There is also a safe in the closet. The lobby bar is open until 11pm and offers great finger food and pizza. This mornings breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, a variety of cereals, fruit, breads, muffins and yogurt. It is a quick 10 minute walk to the light rail to travel into downtown Minneapolis. I am returning again this week and looking forward to my stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here for just one night with my family and we were very impressed. Staff was very kind and helpful. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. Loved the shuttle to/from the Mall of America, which is why we chose to stay here. The free breakfast with fresh fruit, eggs and more was better than the average hotel breakfast. I was worried being so close to the airport that the noise would be disturbing, but I didn't even notice it. The only con is the pool is tiny - seemed like more of a large hot tub size. When we went down there were 6 kids already in it and it was crowded, so we used the actual hot tub and that was average sized for about 7 people and relaxing. We moved downtown to a much pricier hotel for the weekend and honestly wish we'd stayed here - much better amenities here! And downtown is only a short train ride away.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable and extremely clean! Loved the lobby bar! Lots of people the night we were there enjoying the bar-fun! Would stay again for sure!! The shuttle to the MOA was extremely convenient also. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful also. Great!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed at several SpringHill Suites and have a consistently good experience. Many of the properties are new and stylishly appointed. Excellent rates and value for the money. This particular property is consistent with that. Rooms are spacious and some have a separate working and sleeping area and could serve as a meeting space in a pinch. Lots of easily accessible electrical outlets and other small touches that make it a convenient working space.

I was in a "suite" as described above which was only $10 more than a regular room. There is a refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. The bathroom was fairly decent size and with space for my toiletries and other items. The furniture was all very comfortable with lots of sitting space and lots of nice small touches in terms of mirrors, pictures, lighting, etc. My room was right next to interstate and across from the airport, but I could not hear any of the noise from traffic or planes.

Like many SpringHill Suites, you will need a car unless all of our business is very near the hotel. There are some restaurants within walking distance if you okay walking 15 - 20 minutes. I did not ask, but I would guess you can get the hotel shuttle to drop you. The Mall of America is about a 15 minute walk and has a huge number of options if you want to go there as well as check out the mall. As mentioned above, the hotel is right across from the airport and a 5 minute ride on the hotel shuttle. If you need to get into Minneapolis or St. Paul, you are going to need a car as it is about a 20 - 35 minute drive depending on where you are going and traffic which can be quite heavy during the rush hour.

There are lots of "freebies" like full breakfast and free WiFI which makes this even more of a great deal. The lobby is large and spacious and a decent meeting place. I did not eat there, but I had drinks in the bar lobby where the prices are very reasonable and the staff very friendly, although the woman working the bar was clearly having trouble keeping up with the traffic since she was working alone. Still, all in all, my experience with the staff was positive.

I have stayed at the nearby by Airport Marriott which is significantly more expensive than this hotel which also is managed by Marriott. Although not a full-service hotel like the Marriott, the SpringHill Suites is a much better value in my opinion. If you are not into walking, you will need a car to get almost anywhere. It is close to the Mall of America if that is on your itinerary. Rooms are attractive, modern, and spacious. You get very good bang for your buck at this property. I would have no reservation staying here again.

Room Tip: While it was not an issue for me, some of the rooms are near the interstate and closer to the airpor...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Bloomington hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Mall of America
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
AC Hotel by Marriott Bloomington Mall of America

Been to SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America

Address: 2870 Metro Dr, Bloomington, MN 55425-1403 (Formerly SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport)
Region: United States > Minnesota > Bloomington
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#8 Romantic Hotel in Bloomington
#9 Family Hotel in Bloomington
#11 Business Hotel in Bloomington
Price Range: £80 - £151 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport Hotel Bloomington
Cambria Suites Bloomington
Cambria Bloomington
Bloomington Cambria Suites
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall Of America Bloomington, North America