SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 27 July 2014

First of all, this airport is right in the flight path of MSP and they go right past the hotel all day. If you are a light sleeper, try to ask for a room at the front of the hotel.. The flights start taking off around 5:00 a.m. and you can definitely hear noise, at least I did. As for the hotel itself, I was not that impressed. it took them a long time to answer the phone when I called from the airport and needed a shuttle, Once I finally reached the front desk, the shuttle did not take too long. Shuttles were also on time to MOA and the return trip to the airport. The woman that checked me in was nice, but never acknowledged my Gold status. The rest of the front desk staff never seemed that friendly. As for the room, someone had turned off my fridge and It had water leaking inside it from it defrosting so I had to clean that up The carpet in my room was stained and my hotel guest booked was ripped.. The shower in my room never really got more than warm. These were only small things, but I found them disappointing. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were too big for me. The gym was nice but the pool is small. Breakfast was ok with hot and cold choices. There are two computers in the lobby for guests and WiFi is complimentary. Personally, i do not think I would return to this property. The rates are a little higher than some other hotels in the area and the airport noise bothered me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the airport side if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank debbiejo
Joan L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear debbiejo,

We would like to thank you for providing feedback about your recent experience at our property. We are glad to hear that you did enjoy the newer beds, updated fitness center and our complimentary breakfast buffet. However, we are sorry to hear about the issues that you had experienced. We do strive to provide an overall great experience for each guest that stays at our property. Rest assured, we have addressed each issue with the appropriate department to ensure they do not happen in the future. We truly value you as our guest and hope that you will consider a return to our property in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed one night here on our way home from a vacation. We had stayed here before, and the like then, the service was great, and the rooms clean. I did notice you could hear quite a bit of hallway and some room noise while in your suite. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were in town for a sad occasion, but the non-intrusive and helpful staff immediately made us feel welcome so our family could relax and enjoy our time together. It was certainly one of the best hotel experiences any of us have ever had. Our rooms were lovely, the breakfast was fresh and delicious, we were welcomed to make full use of the lobby (which we did--with the bartender adding to our fun), and the location worked well for getting around the Twin Cities. I highly recommend this hotel!

2  Thank Marsha S
Reviewed 6 July 2014

To be honest, I would probably not have picked this hotel except the rest of the family reunion crew was staying there. I thought it was too close to the airport and a major highway to be a restful/relaxing place. Well, color me wrong! We were on the fifth (top) floor within "spitting" distance of the airport and could not hear any planes at any time. It was amazing! Couldn't hear any traffic, either. The room was more than comfortable and provided "stretching" space. My husband and I both enjoyed the breakfast buffet - loved the fresh strawberries. The bar was a nice touch. Best of all - we were less than an easy five minutes from the Mall of America!! Thank goodness someone besides me was picking the hotel or we would have missed a very nice stay!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is by far one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. (And I've stayed in many hotels across the US and abroad.)

We showed up way too early to check in. But the front desk guy invited us to eat some of the breakfast and said we could take the shuttle to the MOA. Upon returning from the mall in the evening, we were met with a very pleasant front desk lady. She said they accidentally overbooked for our room type and offered us a free upgrade. Yes please! Even gave me a top floor corner room. She was incredibly friendly and helpful. In fact on our second night, we had purchased some frozen items from a store to take back with us, and the hotel let us store it in their freezer!

The room was quiet, spacious, great tv channel selection, mini-fridge, and microwave included. The bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet was quite good. Eggs, sausage, waffles, OJ, etc. Shuttle runs to the MOA and back every half an hour.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My mother and I stayed here for one night as we returned home from a family reunion. The hotel is located between the airport and the Mall of America. It is a little tricky to get to; you just need to watch the signs (we used the directions given at the hotel's website and did just fine). But being five minutes from the above-named locations makes it well worth the trouble finding it. It was clean and the décor was modern-looking. Our room had a king bed, a separate sitting area, and a microwave/refrig area. The breakfast the next morning was good; basic but lots of variety. As we drove up, my mother expressed some worry about airport noise but we never heard any; they must have the world's best sound-proofing! We will definitely stay here again when we travel up this way!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Spent the night due to an early departure. This was my second time staying here and it is a great hotel. My room had a king bed with tv, and a living area with couch, chair, mini fridge, tv and microwave. There is also a safe in the closet. The lobby bar is open until 11pm and offers great finger food and pizza. This mornings breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, a variety of cereals, fruit, breads, muffins and yogurt. It is a quick 10 minute walk to the light rail to travel into downtown Minneapolis. I am returning again this week and looking forward to my stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Bloomington hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington at Mall of America, MN
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America

Been to SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America

Address: 2870 Metro Dr, Bloomington, MN 55425-1403 (Formerly SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport)
Region: United States > Minnesota > Bloomington
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#8 Romantic Hotel in Bloomington
#9 Family Hotel in Bloomington
#10 Business Hotel in Bloomington
Price Range: £84 - £185 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport Hotel Bloomington
Cambria Suites Bloomington
Cambria Bloomington
Bloomington Cambria Suites
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall Of America Bloomington, North America