1,874 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies large hotel business trip hot tub bed was comfortable fitness center twin cities shuttle service conference airport mall mn moa
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Arrived two hours before check in and was greeted warmly...and with warm chocolate chip walnut cookies also! There were no rooms available on the honors floor, but the desk attendant found another one in another part of the hotel. The room was clean and recently renovated, but a bit small, as there isn't much you can do about narrow hallways and small room sizes. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was well appointed. Would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Guest Services S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Alan D L,

It is always nice when we are able to accommodate our guests to get checked in early, so you can relax. We appreciate that you took the time to share your stay with everyone, and we are glad you had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and one of childern and I stayed in the hotel last weekend and here is what happened., when I checked in and aske dtrhe bed layout in the room I was advised there were two doubles. I asked if if there were any kings with pullout couches available. I was told that there were none as a convention had them all booked. What bothered me was that I am an honours member and there seemed to be a sense of indifference from the front desk person. I felt like I was treated differetnly because I booked the room throught hotwire. I did not question him any further and he was not rude just not as helpful as I thought he could have been. The room itself was very small and tired. The air condiotning unit was very louod and we had to ask for a clock. which we got. There was just not a great deal of service from my standpoint.

Dear joe s,

We are sorry that we didn’t have your preferred room type when you stayed with us recently. Working with Hotwire has helped the hotel fill up almost every weekend this summer, so we are sorry that you feel you were treated differently because of using that booking option. We will work with our team to do a better job of explaining why we may not have a room type available, and even more so, make sure our team knows how they share the information is even more important. We appreciate your feedback, and hope we will welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

When I booked our room with the DoubleTree Agent I was clear there would be 5 people in our family - 2 adults & 3 children. We were booked into a room with 2 full size beds. Well that's tight for 2 adults, and left no room for 1 of our children. I notified the front desk after checking in & they offered a roll out cot at an additional cost of $20 per night. Mind you I had already gone online before talking with the booking agent & confirmed the cost was higher for a room for 5 versus 4 - but I was told to pay additional for the accommodation?? Lastly the air conditioning unit in our room was rattling & very annoying, it literally drove me crazy throughout the night. We had planned on staying 2 nights, but left after the first night.

Dear Corrine D,

We are sorry you weren’t able to enjoy your stay. We can understand how a room with 2 Double Beds could be a tight fit. We have made sure you were charged correctly, and not charged for more than just two adults since we do not charge for children being in the room. Had there been more adults, the rate would have been higher, but that was not the case with your reservation. Thank you for staying with us, as well as for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

All of the times I have stayed at the Doubletree Hilton Hotel there has been great service. Even when there has been a problem or something that I needed the Hotel staff were very accommodating. I really appreciate the service and comfort provided to me during my intense study times. I look forward to returning in November 2014.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Guest Services S, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Kyisha V,

We are glad to hear that we are taking good care of you while you are here. We understand that with the busy schedule you are on, you need to be comfortable and taken care of. We look forward to having you back in November, and we appreciate letting us know if you need anything while with us.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Doubletree in Bloomington was the place we stayed for 2 nights last week. It was a very nice hotel, the price was right as was the location. The room was large and beds were comfortable. The room (and I suspect all the rooms) probably need a good painting and some little touches of TLC wouldn't hurt but, by no means was it unacceptable, just showing it's age. the check in people were very nice and the warm cookie is always welcome. The pool and hot tub looked great but due to our travel plans we couldn't find any time to use them. The shuttle service was excellent. The shuttle to the airport leaves on the 1/2 hour, picking up at the airport at the top of every hour. I wished it ran a little more frequently as we arrived at the airport for pick up on several occasions to have just missed the shuttle and needed to wait nearly an hour. Every shuttle driver was delightful and it was an actual shuttle, not a 15 passenger van which can be difficult to get in and out of. We would stay here again if we find ourselves traveling through Minnesota at some point in the future.

Dear Betsyat240,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel and team. We are glad that you were able to enjoy all the features our hotel has to offer. We are certainly working on the TLC that is needed in the rooms, and hope that when you return it will be evident. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you and your family again!