“Nicely appointed rooms”

Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I had a chance to stay at this hotel on a recent business trip. The staff was very helpful. There is a person, clearly a manager, waiting at the door to direct those (me) who look like they don't know where they are going. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The styling is very modern in a stark sort of way. Some may not like it but I find the modern styling to be comforting. The location is close enough to the airport that they run a shuttle but also close enough to downtown that a cab ride won't hurt the budget. I would recommend this hotel for any business trip to the Minneapolis area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Guest Services S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

I am so glad we had you as a guest and that you had such a good experience staying with us. We always try and provide the very best in customer service from greeting guests at the door and giving direction to having amazing shuttle drivers who take great care of all of our guests in need of a ride. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have not had a chance to stay here in some years, since it was owned by a previous chain. I am pleased to see that the renovations have added a warmth to the place and the much more cheerful lighting in common areas really made a difference for me. The staff were always good natured and the check in was swift - which is something I really enjoy and puts me in a good mood for my stay. The room itself was fine, the beds are quite nice, and the bathroom was well laid out for use of space - another thing I really appreciate. The only draw backs; the chair design by the table was one of those types that sink way back, so I wound up positioning it against the wall to overcome my fear of falling backwards. One the bed side lamps did not function, but I did not discover this in time to make a report to the hotel staff. At the time of my visit, the 22nd floor bar was under renovations, so the spectacular view all along on side of the hotel was not available and i did not ask about when the work is scheduled to be complete. Now, one of the highlights of this hotel is the swimming pool and hot tub area, which is open for longer hours than most hotels I have been in. The staff keep it neat and orderly and there are plenty of towels on hand. People with families should take advantage of staying here, the location allows quick freeway access to most points of interest and the in hotel restaurant as well as on the lot TGI Fridays, Burger King and Cheetah Pizza and Dairy Queen provide enough food variety for anyone wanting to park and nest.

Room Tip: Higher floors can provide a good view. Most floors seem quiet. poolside rooms will understandably be...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We really appreciate all the kind words about the hotel. We always strive to provide the best in customer service and we are very proud of our pool and hot tub here at the hotel. It si always a huge hit with families and business travelers alike. We certainly hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a perfect place if you want to go to the Mall Of America or the Air Port. The bar and the food here are very good as well. The beds were really comfortable with a big down comforter and a pillow top mattress. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Guest Services S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Casey F,

We are thrilled to see that you had a great stay with us recently. We will share your comments with our team, and we know our bar and chefs will be overjoyed by your review. We look forward to seeing you when you return to the area.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed here with two family members so we could shop at Mall of America. The room was very clean, the beds were very comfortable, and I loved the bath products. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

Dear 908genevam,

We are happy to see that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you were able to rest and relax after full days of shopping. Many guests love our bath products, and they are from Crabtree & Evelyn. They have a whole line of products in the Honey and Coriander scent. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again for your next shopping trip.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have issue with pool. The smooth tile is VERY slippery. My 3 yr old granddaughter fell and hit her head, and she had not been running. Also there were a lot of unattended young boys in pool, which would be a very big problem for Doubletree if one of them drowned.

Dear U50890Jmarkw,

We hope your granddaughter is ok after her fall. We will work with our engineering team to see if we can do something about the tiles. It can be quite frustrating when the pool is busy and the floor gets all wet and slippery. We will also look at how we can better monitor the pool area. Sometimes having signs posted does not make sure children are not swimming without parents around. We appreciate your feedback, as it allows us to look at ways to make our hotel better. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Arrived two hours before check in and was greeted warmly...and with warm chocolate chip walnut cookies also! There were no rooms available on the honors floor, but the desk attendant found another one in another part of the hotel. The room was clean and recently renovated, but a bit small, as there isn't much you can do about narrow hallways and small room sizes. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was well appointed. Would definitely stay there again.

Dear Alan D L,

It is always nice when we are able to accommodate our guests to get checked in early, so you can relax. We appreciate that you took the time to share your stay with everyone, and we are glad you had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and one of childern and I stayed in the hotel last weekend and here is what happened., when I checked in and aske dtrhe bed layout in the room I was advised there were two doubles. I asked if if there were any kings with pullout couches available. I was told that there were none as a convention had them all booked. What bothered me was that I am an honours member and there seemed to be a sense of indifference from the front desk person. I felt like I was treated differetnly because I booked the room throught hotwire. I did not question him any further and he was not rude just not as helpful as I thought he could have been. The room itself was very small and tired. The air condiotning unit was very louod and we had to ask for a clock. which we got. There was just not a great deal of service from my standpoint.

Dear joe s,

We are sorry that we didn’t have your preferred room type when you stayed with us recently. Working with Hotwire has helped the hotel fill up almost every weekend this summer, so we are sorry that you feel you were treated differently because of using that booking option. We will work with our team to do a better job of explaining why we may not have a room type available, and even more so, make sure our team knows how they share the information is even more important. We appreciate your feedback, and hope we will welcome you back in the future.