“We would stay here again for sure!”

Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
"winter"-peg
“We would stay here again for sure!”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We loved this hotel. It was clean, quiet and right across the street from Mall of America so you could just walk there. Staff was very friendly and more than willing to help and answer any questions you may have. There was a wedding going on one night while we were there so the halls got a little loud around 2am in the morning but that was not the hotels fault-some guests just don't know how to respect other guests when they are having a good time. They opened a new italian family restaurant in the hotel and it too was delicious! Great food and service was wonderful. My family and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
NW Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 August 2011

There are many hotels to choose from near MSP airport & MOA, but this is by far the best! Rates are reasonable, staff is extremely friendly & effecient. Tray of warm cookies waiting near front desk, check in quick & trouble free. Rooms are nicely decorated,
with microwave & fridge, bathrooms spacious and the entire property immaculate. Large water park more suitable for younger kids, but nice pool & hot tub. Attached bar & Italian restaurant will deliver food & drinks until 10 PM, carry out until midnight. Shuttle to MOA & airport and the quickest pick up time ever.
We had water leaking onto tiles above shower; called front desk & someone was at our room within FIVE MINUTES to correct the problem. After check out, I realized I'd left my wedding ring in the room; housekeeping had already stripped the beds, but went through everything with me, including dumping wastebaskets to check. (we found it).
Their park & fly pkg. will only allow you to stay for 7 days, extended to 10 days for minimal additional charge. This is my new hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.

3 Thank Lake-people
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Recently stayed here for 3 nights and LOVED this place. It's right across the street from the MOA so you can walk with no problem. The rooms are large, modern and very clean. The pool area is good for small children as it has a water play area along with a large pool for the bigger kids. The only negative I would have is the breakfast set up. Not enough seats and how they've set the food up results in a line up every morning right through where everyone sits...my only negative and not a huge one. I would stay here again...hopefully the rates will stay reasonable as I paid under $100.00 a night.

Midwest
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a park and fly package. The hotel was easy to find and within walking distance of MOA. We only stayed one night and found the room to be very comfortable, good sized, quiet (except for the fridge which we turned off to sleep). Breakfast buffet was the usual assortment with waffles, eggs, breads, etc. Although we did not use it, the pool area looked very inviting with lots of options for children to play. Grandkids, kids would love it!! The hotel shuttle was very timely and got us to and from the airport smoothly with almost no wait. With the notable exception of the fellow who initially checked us in (remedial hospitality class might help) everyone else was courteous and friendly. Prices are in line with other hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Nerw Jersey
Reviewed 22 August 2011

What a find! We went to Minneapolis to see the Mall and go to a Twins game. I think I would go back to stay at the hotel. We are from NJ. The staff was so accomodating, so warm and welcoming. The shuttle service they offer is such a nice touch and really often above and beyond what you can reasonably expect. The hotel room was spotless, the beds were so comfortable and I loved the decor of the room. Thank you so much for making a great trip even better.

Room Tip: The pool area is so well done. It was nice to have a 1st floor pool side room.
Washington, Iowa
Reviewed 20 August 2011

First experience being in Minnesota since I was a little girl. Why have I waited so long to come back ? I WILL be back to explore the state further. This Hotel is fabulous. Spent two days there with family and did not see one unhappy person. The Hotel Staff was very versed on customer service and could not have been more friendly and helpful. The shuttle drivers are a bunch of fun guys and most accomodating. Yes, the line for breakfast can be a little long but hey, the food is included in the room rate. It is your typical continental breakfast but if you are unhappy with that, go down the street to the IHOP or locate a McDonalds nearby. The Redrossa Grill has good pizza however I was a little disappointed they charged us $4 to walk a pizza down the hall to our room. Had I known that, I would have gotten it myself. That is my only complaint. We had a absoultely wonderful time, hotel was cleanest I had ever seen anywhere, staff was very, very pleasant and it was a quiet place to stay. We were not near the pool but you could not hear the people in the next room nor could you hear people going up and down the hall. Made for a very private, peaceful night. Final tip: You will not go wrong staying here. I have already booked a room for two nights later this year and can't wait to get back there. You will love this place as much as we did and it holds many memories for you and your family. Great place to stay.

Michigan
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My mom and I stayed her in mid-August. The location is excellent if your intent is to visit the Mall of America--you can walk to it from the hotel or they have a free shuttle.

The room was wonderful--loved the decor. It had both a microwave and a fridge. You got a complimentary newspaper each morning and breakfast. The breakfast area was a little small for the amount of people that stay at this hotel. We had to wait in line for about 10 minutes and then had to wait for seating or eat in our room. The lady who worked the breakfast area was very good.

The people were friendly and made sure that we had a top floor in the hotel. I would certainly stay again as well as recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Downtown
Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Downtown
Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot

Been to Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel? Share your experiences!