“Beyond our expectations”

Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Best Western Plus at Bloomington, MN, mad our vacation wonderful. The staff was great, the room was lovely, the food at the complimentary breakfast was good, the adjoining restaurant, Redrossa Italian Grill, was fabulous. They offered us many convenient shuttle options to local attractions. We have no complaints, and enjoyed our experience there immensely.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had an amazing time at this hotel! Every question we asked the hotel staff was immediately answered and everyone was very friendly. The housekeeping staff was amazing they kept are room spotless and stocked with everything we needed. They even set up my daughters stuffed animals nice on her bed she was so excited to see them all sitting up together. Too cute. Breakfast was mediocre but the waffles are amazing and made it worth it. I went to breakfast early to avoid the rush. We stayed here for 3 nights and I have never been so impressed and have no real complaints. My daughter loved the pool and the beds are very comfy! The restaurant was not as good but can't blame the hotel for that. The food was alright but my husband and I both had maybe 3 or 4 very small pieces of meat in our pasta.

1  Thank Caitlin M
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel is across street from MOA and they also provide shuttle service to MOA at no cost. Wonderful rooms, beds and breakfast. Staff were most helpful and friendly. Excellent rates and would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stay at this hotel 2-3 times a year when we visit the cities. The rooms are always clean and ready for us to check in. It's the perfect location right across the street from the Mall of America. The free breakfast is not the typical coffee and pastry that hotels provide. There are waffle makers and always 3-4 hot buffet dishes. The only issue we consistently have is that the pool is always so cold.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Everything about this hotel was fabulous. The rooms were great, customer service was helpful and breakfast was amazing. I work at a hotel as well, and I truthfully was satisfied. I brought my mom she's handicapped and my daughter and we really enjoyed the pool area. We all had a blast and breakfast was super good had a choice a little bit of everything. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and it's across the street from Mall of America.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I purchased the fireplace suite and to be honest I was blown away. Wood floors, leather couch, comfy bed, beautiful fireplace and nice big screen tv. Our stay felt more like a nice apartment then a hotel room. The hottub was plenty big enough. Only gripe was the pool was awfully cold.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here May 31st - 1st, and had decided it due to how close to was to the interstate and mall of america. The check in took a long time, as the staff was constantly answering the phones and having to leave to check on things. This is an extremely busy, family hotel. The hallways are noisy, which is fine during the day but not acceptable at night. We had kids running up and down the hall at midnight still.

Beds were comfortable, although we found hair on two of the pillows so we had to sleep with just one. Clean room otherwise.

Free breakfast was okay, although it's so overrun and busy with families that we had to walk carefully back to the room with food as we had no where to sit.

If you had a family, great place to stay. Restaurant attached was excellent and good as well, for a late night snack.

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the pool area - too loud otherwise!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Levenah
Brandon B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Leveneh,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We always aim for everyone's stay to be outstanding & apologize that we missed the mark with check-in & and your pillow. Your review will be brought up in our staff meeting today on how we can improve on these areas. I hope you give us another chance if you are back in our area. I believe if you read other reviews of our property you will find that we do a great job and I hope that you call me back personally so I can make your next reservation for you.

Brandon Bolduc
BW Plus Bloomington

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Downtown
Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Downtown
Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot

Been to Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel? Share your experiences!