“Always a nice stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I have always enjoyed my stays here and continue to return. Friendly and helpful front desk and great service at the breakfast and evening reception. Work out facility is well equiped but the space is on the small side. After the first night, I noticed two minor maintenance items - the tub drained slow and the alarm clock was not lit. I stopped by the front desk the next morning and both of the items were corrected within 5 minutes of me mentioning it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. We have have been staying at the other Bloomington and Brooklynn Center Embassy Suites more frequently than the airport location and decided to give it a try again. The rooms were great as always and very clean. We definitely noticed that the breakfast area was much more congested than the other two locations. The cooks however were very efficient. It is very difficult to find a parking spot in the evening when there are events going on. There is a back lot near the Crowne Plaza where there is supposed to be extra parking for Embassy Suites patrons, but both this time and last time we stayed, all of the lots were completely full and we had to wait until we saw people leave the hotel and follow them to their car. Cars were also parked illegally in lanes outside of the parking stalls and it was difficult to maneuver between them. Again, the lots are taken up by event parking (Weddings, company parties, etc) and also by long term parking.

The location is great and the hotel is beautiful. However, the parking lot congestion and breakfast line/congestion is enough for me to stay at the other Embassy locations.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My experience from check in, to check out, and everything in between was great! The shuttle driver had an awesome sense of humor as did the line cook at breakfast. The front desk staff was welcoming and friendly - and apologetic after learning we were there because of mechanical issues with a flight and stuck for the night.

I will definitely stay at this property again!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Good Location. The breakfast and evening managers reception are nice touches and a brand trademark. The shuttle was also well organized with regular trips to the Mall of America and the Airport.
Had issues with house keeping. On two days of the our stay the room was unexplicably not made up, we were gone all day and returned approx. 6pm. I called down to the desk and asked why this would occur, I was asked if we had the privacy please sign on the door but it was still hanging on the inside door knob. She advised she would see if housekeeping could "freshen" the room. We then left the room for dinner and upon returning at 8:30pm the room was made up. I would think this was a fluke when on the third day of our stay we had a repeat unmade room after being gone all day. This time I called to report it and requested fresh towels be sent up so we could shower we were tired from being at the mall all day and were in for the night. I have stayed in multiple Embassy Suite Hotels in different cities and have never encountered this at one of their hotels.
Our other issue was the heating/cooling system. The room was insanely hot and stuffy no matter what you did to the thermomstat. A call to the desk to report that no matter what we did the room became a sauna resulted in being told to shut the system off altogether and open the window.... ok the temperature outside being between 0 - 10 degrees our whole stay this became comical opening and closing the window because no matter what it heated right back up, no solution other then turn the system off and open the window. We slept with just a sheet to keep from sweating, not what I would expect in Feb in Minnesota.
I have come to expect more from the Embassy Suites brand and this particular location was not up to par with others I have stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
luvthesuitelife, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Thank you so much for your comments regarding breakfast, evening managers reception, shuttle, and location. I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. Please let me apologize for the issues in your room and I am working with our maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

It seems my company is always having small meetings (10 - 50 people) here. Its a great location for flyers drivers and locals to meet up. The group rate on the rooms is phenomenal for what you get - clean safe spacious suite room, the free beer " team-building" reception, nice breakfast spread with made to order food all included. The meeting rooms are quiet, private, and the wireless is free, reliable, and fast. Its in the shadow of the airport and Mall of America. The hotel is crawling with maintenance and cleaning people and is very clean and neat and everything works. On site dining at Wolley's easily handles larger groups and is excellent. A well managed, well run, extremely affordable quality hotel experience.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on the freeway side of the building. Its not bad but the other rooms are more quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed here with my husband, preschooler, and toddler as a "local getaway." We live in the Cities, but needed an easy weekend adventure and MOA seemed as good as any other option and the kids were excited to stay in a hotel and swim. I love Embassy Suites because of their two-room suites (ideal for kids with different naptimes and bedtimes) and for their breakfast. This Embassy Suites was older than most, but still pretty clean. Our room was just across a parking lot from the LRT stop (we could hear the train horn and bell "ding ding" all day and all night) and very close to I-494. The airport is just across the street as well, so there was a lot of plane traffic. It was noisy (light sleepers beware!) from the train, but my one year old loved sitting at the balcony door and watching planes, trains, and automobiles from one perch.

My biggest issue was how busy it was! It's a prime area, but I was shocked at how many people were everywhere. We had a tough time finding a table at breakfast, the small (but warm!) pool was at or over its 38 person capacity midday, and the managers reception line for drinks was at least 25 people deep at all times. The staff was friendly (except for the woman at the gift shop who couldn't be bothered to look up from her phone), they kept the common areas clean, but be prepared to wait!

The room quality was similar to other Embassy suites, but a little more "worn." The room temp was hot. The thermostat was set to 60 degrees, but it got warm and stuffy. We kept the balcony door cracked during the day, but that wasn't an option at night with the train noise.

All in all, everything was average.

• Stayed: January 2013
luvthesuitelife, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that the location was great. However am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. Please accept my apology for the malfunctioning HVAC system and I have discussed your concerns with our maintenance team. We are addressing the wait time for amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times. We like the location and the breakfast in the morning. The rooms have terrible heating/cooling issues which never seem to be fixed. It was nice to be able to get on the Light Rail train outside of our Hotel in order to get tot he Metrodome. The bus shuttle to the MOA is also a great plus. The Manager's reception is ok, but we were never at the hotel early enough to enjoy it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
luvthesuitelife, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the malfunctioning HVAC system and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We will be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area. -