“I love these large rooms!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport
Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Topeka, Kansas
“I love these large rooms!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

There are three things that I always enjoy about Embassy Suites. 1. The staff is always accommodating. 2. The rooms are large, and I love the suite style. 3. The full cook to order breakfast to start off the day. Don't get me wrong you pay for it but to me it is well worth the cost.
Those of you who follow my reviews know that most of the time I travel with a group. This time however, I am on a family trip with my son. What a great place for us to ride our bicycles.
My only complaint for this hotel was the breakfast. I did not feel that this breakfast is what embassy suites is known for. For three days my omelets had very little egg and all ingredients. What a waste, when I added the over cooked scrambled eggs to my plate. The variety of fruit was minimal, fruit mix and bananas. The bread selection was some mini muffins and bread. No donuts, cinnamon rolls nothing. They have two large coffee urns for coffee and on one day they ran out of regular coffee. So they removed the sign from the one side that said decaf, I guess removing the sign puts the caffeine back in? Or was it regular coffee all along, who knows?
The rooms where nice and the staff was very friendly. Rooms where very clean and loved it that they didn't bother us during our stay. The rooms just magically got cleaned as we where in and out.
The pool and hot tub is wonderful. The Hot tub is one of the largest I have ever seen in a hotel, and very warm. A nice feel after coming in after a ride in the rain.
I would definitely stay here again, but I might make other arrangements for breakfast.

1 Thank dkrug10042
Kenna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that after a long rainy bicycle ride with your son you were able to warm up in our large whirlpool. I have taken your comments about the breakfast selections and quality of the food to the Food and Beverage team to ensure that this is improved. Again I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Polish first
Crookston, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Have stayed at Embassy Suite Hotels before but never had the chance to stay at this particular one until this trip. The lobby was beautiful, the staff very pleasant and the room was very clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the eating area very pleasant. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Nancy S
Kenna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments on the lobby and staff, we strive to make sure that you feel welcome when you enter our hotel. We hope to see you in the near future and thank you again for your survey.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a good choice if staying close to the airport
The Embassy has you covered specially if you are organizing, hosting,attending a conference
Multiple conference rooms available and the service is great
It is an easy drive to the MOA and the MSP airport as well

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your stay with us. We know difficult planning events and meetings can be so it is great to hear that we made this easy for you! Thank you again for your feedback, we really do appreciate it.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Great customer service when checking in. Was here due to missing a flight. Good beds, and nice sized suite with 2 flat screen TVs, one in each room . TV was a bit grainy, but not too bad. Overall not a bad place to stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with us. I have taken your comments about the TV being grainy to the appropriate team. We appreciate your feedback!
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 26 May 2014

First off, we ended up here by chance. Our regular place was full so we choose this hotel. I must say, Denica at the front desk was wonderful. We ended up with a corner room which had more space and a wonderful view. Shuttle driver was awesome as well! The breakfast in the morning was great. Long lines at times, but worth it I felt! Sure it might not be as update as some but I felt it was a great value!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room. We had 622.
Green Features: Might be our new favorite place and glad they are "green" friendly!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with us. We are happy that we were able to provide you a place to stay with such short notice and that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back in the future!
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The main goal was to be close to the mall and it is very very close as in you can see the mall from out front. It is a standard Embassy Suites which I like. I didn't find anything wrong with the stay. The people were nice, the room was clean, the breakfast was good, and the location was what I was looking for.

Stayed December 2013
Kenna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Airport, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for filling out a survey on your stay with us. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that the staff was welcoming. I appreciate your comments and thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Winona, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have stayed here before and have not had the experience we did this time. This room was so outdated. The air didn't work at night, the toilet didn't flush and the mattress on the sofa sleeper was so full of springs we couldn't use it as planned. We did complain to the front desk and they did comp our night but it was quite disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that your air conditioning was not working and that the sofa sleeper was not comfortable. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I have addressed your concerns with the team to ensure that the problem is fixed. We hope to see you back again so that we can exceed your expectations! Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.