Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was our second time this year, staying at this location. We choose it because of it's shuttle to the airport. Each time there were 8 of us staying in three different rooms. Our room had access to the executive lounge and ate our breakfast there two mornings and enjoyed the light snacks and bar in the evening. Others in our party had no complaints, for the rooms or their breakfasts in the cafe. On a previous stay in June, some enjoyed the hot tub, but not this time, so we don't know how well it is currently maintained. We had a roll away for one in our room, and would suggest you reserve one early, as we got the last available. We turned off our heat since during the night, became very hot and dry, but stayed comfortable with out it running.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear peetsheets,

I'm so glad to see that your group had a pleasant stay with us, and also that you are a return guest! It's always great to see guests return, and I thank you for taking the time to write a guest review for us. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge

I'm sorry that the heating in your room made you a little uncomfortable, but I'm glad to see that it was an easily remedied issue.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to let me know. We hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel for years while we are flying in and out of the Twin Cities. The rooms are quiet and comfortable, the food is good and the service is, too. The shuttle to/from the airport (and MOA) is dependable and makes traveling just that much easier. There is always a nice congeniality in the bar If you don't feel like room service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Monica K,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a Trip Advisor review for us. We look at each and every response, and are always happy to see when we get such great comments!

If you have any further questions or comments, or would like assistance with booking your next stay, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

At this hotel you will challenge the front desk staff when you check in. Your room will be a stagnant 74 degree with NO hope of changing the temperature. The hotel was overwhelmed with dealing with the number of guests and in turn treated many of them like an inconvenience.

1  Thank davidlh2014
Scott_Youngblood, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear David L.H.,

On behalf of everyone here at the hotel, please accept our sincere apology for your unacceptable experience while visiting. You didn't receive service consistent with our values or your expectations, and that leaves us all upset.

I would love to hear from you directly, so that I may apologize in person and learn more about your complaints. We aspire to make every guest feel cared for, valued and respected. And when we mess up, it's critical that we learn from our failures and take action to improve our guest experience. You deserve better.

Thank you for staying and for your review. We hope to earn another opportunity to win your loyalty.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very nice hotel. My family (6 of us) stayed in adjoining rooms on Christmas Eve. Daughter and husband had a flight to catch early on Christmas Day. Snow was coming so staying at a hotel seemed the way to go. We were welcomed by staff -- a warm and inviting lobby. We made use of the hotel's complimentary shuttles to the Mall of America for some last minute shopping as well as their airport shuttle. Shuttles run approximately every half hour. We enjoyed a fantastic dinner in the hotel's restaurant. All members of our family enjoyed their orders -- staff provided choices for those of us that required gluten free meals. The rooms were very nice and comfortable -- two double beds with a nice chair. Our view was of the airport and the busy highway -- it was actually very pretty watching it snow, the cars on the highway and the planes coming in to land -- while we watched from our warm, cozy environment. We had a glitch in one of the rooms - heater was not working properly (and in MN this can be a problem in the winter). Call was made to maintenance and the heater was repaired immediately. An enjoyable night was had by all. Would definitely stay again -- if, for nothing else, the use of the shuttles for the airport (and shopping).

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side presumably have views overlooking the wildlife refuge. Rooms to the north h...

Dear RMM0426,

I would like to personally thank you for writing a review for us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us over the holiday, and that although it looks like you had a problem with your heat in one room, that our staff was able to quickly remedy it.

We at the Hilton again thank you for your kind words, and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very nice hotel. Convenient to airport as well as shopping. Shuttle service provided to airport and to Mall of America, basically, every half hour. We visited on Christmas Eve, took the shuttle to the Mall for some last minute shopping. The Driver said last pickup was scheduled for 6:30 but to call the hotel for pick up if we chose to stay later.Lobby warm and inviting. Pool/Spa area clean and well maintained. Restaurant food and service were fantastic. They also provided gluten free foods for my daughter. We had adjoining rooms for six of us-very clean, beds comfortable. Hotel is across the street from a wildlife refuge. We had a glitch in the heater for our room but contacted maintenance and it was repaired immediately. A great experience.

Dear Randy M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a guest review. Our goal is for every one of our guests to have a great stay, and I'm glad to see that you were very happy with your visit.

If you have any further questions or comments, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Elizabeth Wittstock | Reservations Superivsor

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed here by the airport so my young family and I could get to the airport easily for our early Sat flight. Got to the hotel at 6:30 PM and our room wasn't ready yet due to housekeeping not marking the room as cleaned. I asked for a room on a high floor (hotel has 12 floors) and was given the choice between room 317 or 817 but neither was ready yet. The staff, who was busy, hadn't read my reservation request apparently. Not huge as it was only one night and we were leaving before daybreak, but still a room should be ready by 6:30 PM and the clerks should be aware of the reservation requests.

The executive lounge was nice with good evening snacks Fri PM but come Sat AM they weren't ready at 7:10 AM when they said they would open--we expected a light breakfast before we caught the 7:30 shuttle to the airport. Organization issues--may need to hire a few more people as staff seemed nice but stretched.

One the plus side the shuttles worked well for us (I realize not everyone has the same experience) the lights within spherical ice sculptures were good. The waterfall is pretty and my kids and I loved the very large gingerbread house. This hotel has potential and is adequate for an airport hotel, but as Dolsen puts it below not up to Hilton standards, but with a bit of effort could be.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Scott_Youngblood, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Hamptondragon,

Please accept my personal apology for the issues you described last weekend. Your observations were more astute than you might have known. I failed to forecast the weekend's demand effectively, as we were anticipating a half-full hotel instead of the sold out affair that materiaized.

Our preparation and your experience certainly didn't reflect the standards to which we hold our team and I'm truly sorry for the outcome you encountered. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss your experience, as we want very much to earn your loyalty.

Warmest wishes for a Happy New Year,

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I opted to stay at this hotel after having a flight cancelled over the Christmas Holiday. I spent one night on Saturday December 21, 2013. The shuttle bus is extremely slow from the airport. This hotel operates two shuttles one to the airport, and one to the Mall of America. During my stay neither shuttle bus was big enough to accommodate the demand. Some holiday shoppers parked at the Hilton and then took the free shuttle to the Mall of America. This would be "ok" if they hotel didn't have paying guests that were looking for ride. I would have skipped the mall all together, had it not been that I needed to purchase some toiletries and necessities for the evening due to my unplanned stop over.

I had a room on the third floor that was very tired. Walls are paper thin. Lighting was poor and the room had no mini-bar. The bathroom set up is horrible. For men, if you stand to use the toilet the door is so close to the stool that your leg will get bumped by the door. If you sit to use the toilet, you have to go into the toilet room, step away and over the toilet, close the door, and then do your business. Way too small.

The lobby is very dreary. The lights are cold and several of the bulbs were burned out. The floor was wet and it looked as though housekeeping hadn't been by with a mop in days. The lobby has a wall fountain which is nice until you look to the top and see six inches of mold, rust, and decay at the top of the fountain. The decay makes one think that the entire property is not well looked after.

The front desk staff was lethargic and couldn't have been bothered. Bus drivers appeared to be overworked and didn’t bother to get up out of their seats to help guests either on boarding or departing.

On the return at 6:30am the airport shuttle bus to the airport had more guests wanting to be transported then space allowed. There is no queue and the people on this morning were super aggressive. I’d recommend they have a queue where guests could line up first come first served basis as opposed to the mad rush with pushing and shoving. I opted for a cab which was door to door, but did cost $15.00.

I'm a loyal HH guest but, I'd look for another option if I'm stuck in MSP again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dolsen-Texas
Scott_Youngblood, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Dolsen-Texas,

Thank you for your review. Having your flight canceled over the Christmas holiday must have been very upsetting and I'm sorry that your experience was so negative. Our team has received your feedback and we'll take immediate action where appropriate.

Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss your visit. We take pride in our hotel and guests' experience.