“Nice room and nice staffs”

Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed many hotels around MSP airport but this is my favorite. Rooms are big and nice. Staffs are very nice at front desk , shuttle driver and restaurant. I also like the ice decoration outside and lobby set up.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Jimmy S,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay! We're proud to be your favorite hotel in the area, and are happy to see that you enjoyed your last stay with us.

We look forward to having you with us again soon. Have a great day!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This was my third time staying at this hotel the night before a flight out of MSP. A great rate keeps me coming back. We had 4 rooms booked and were all on the same floor- not important, but a nice touch. The bar area was packed as the hotel was holding a conference. Ordered drinks and sat outside in the hotel lobby. We were able to use the computers and print off boarding passes without issues. Our last stay we were given 2 complimentary drink coupons, this time no such luck. Maybe because of hotel volume? The shuttle to the airport was quick and painless; our return shuttle took longer than expected- the driver drove by without stopping and headed to the other terminal so we did need to wait for him to do his drop off and return to us at the main terminal- probably had to wait an extra 15 minutes because of this. Other than that the stay was good and I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear nicurn72,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a guest review for us. We are always looking for ways to improve, and we appreciate your feedback.

I apologize for the long wait with your return shuttle service, I will certainly pass your comments on to our Management team to ensure we are always providing the best service to our guests.

We look forward to having you with us again soon. Please let me know if you have any questions or further comments.

Hospitably,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have stayed in this area a few times and for convenience I do recommend this hotel. It is a nice property it is getting a worn in areas , but the service makes up for that. It is one of the few places in the USA that has an executive lounge that provides free drinks and some good snacks. The lounge itself is a bit small and fills up fast for breakfast and then happy hour. They have a shuttle service to and from the airport that makes it easy getting there.

The rooms are clean but showing some wear , the bathrooms are very small , The beds are good Hilton quality. They do have the single serve coffee makers which are good.

Room Tip: Rooms with the roll in showers have a bigger bathroom
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear SN1960,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport - Mall of America. We truly appreciate your returning patronage, and appreciate your feedback.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon! If you have further comments about your stay, please feel free to let me know.

Have a great day !

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We arrived around nine that night and went right to bed. I am diabetic and have a couple low episodes a year. That night was one of them, and off to the lobby at 3 a.m. looking for anything to eat. The one time I forgot something. Candy bars and chips were in the lobby snack area where I proceeded to consume one of them and grab a couple more. Then turned around to find the night clerk. I explained my plight to where he said it didn't matter, do what it takes. Then made sure I didn't need emergency medical care. Then I paid for them. I turned at the elevators and he was still watching me. To the young man on Jan 31 2014 Thanks for caring.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear GuyNurse,

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay, and I'm happy to see that you're doing alright. Personally I have several family members who are also diabetic, and understand how low blood sugar can become a serious issue quickly. I'm happy to see that our Front Desk was understanding and were concerned for you, as of course, our guests are our top priority!

I thank you again for your review, and we all look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Take care,

Reviewed 2 February 2014

As I was checking in, I decided that I needed a room upgrade and the manager working last night (forgot his name) was able to do that for me as the room I wanted was available. We were able to have kids come swimming for a pool party and pizza/cake. Janet came to remove all the garabages, switch out our towels, vacuum, and give us a couple fresh sheets (all free of charge besides the tip). Nobody said anything about us taking pool towels to our room as we had so many kids. For the American girl package, we were given the bed to take to the room. After our company left, room service brought 7 large chocolate cookies and two wine glasses filled with milk for my kids. In the morning, Jeff was our waiter in the restaurant. He was friendly and prompt. The breakfast buffet had a good variety of fresh fruit, juice, bagels, cereal, yogurt, French toast, eggs, bacon, gourmet jelly for the toast, and much more. However the food was not warm. When we went back upstairs to our room and requested a couple extra shampoo we needed, the staff allowed me to take whatever I needed. Fast and speedy checkout. They have plenty of carts for guests to use when needing to take a lot of things to/from the car. We all loved the setup of the pool which allowed the adults to easily watch where the kids were at all times. Not all hotels are so clean as this was not dirty anywhere. Definitely will stay again as the hospitality and cleanliness that I haven't seen at other hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Cindy198125,

I am so happy to see that our staff made your stay comfortable and pleasant. We are always striving to be the best in the Twin Cities, and I will personally make sure our staff is recognized for their efforts.

I apologize that your food was not warm, that is definitely something I will also be passing on to our Food and Beverage team, as we of course want to make sure our guests' meals are always hot and delicious.

Again, I thank you for your kind words, and we hope to see you again soon!

Take care,

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is the worse run Hilton I have come across in my 28 years of travel and support of Hilton, the staff is unresponsive, the food is cold and takes too long to receive and their is no recognition of diamond or any HHonors membership level.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Scott_Youngblood, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Douglas T,

Obviously, we're very disappointed to read your review of the hotel. And, as the hotel's General Manager, I am personally very upset at the impression we left with you. Your complete satisfaction is my responsibility and I look forward to discussing your experiences personally.

We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

A very friendly hotel with many options and very close to the Mall of America and the Airport. There was a ton of snow and the parking is a problem but there are spots all the way around the hotel so I parked in back. I was even close enough to get my remote start to work.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Meceebee,

On behalf of the Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport - Mall of America, we appreciate your kind words, and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree that heavy snow can make parking difficult, but I'm happy to say that our Engineering staff tries their very best to clear out as many spots as possible so that our guests are able to park close to the building.

Again, thank you so much for your kind comments, and if you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Have a great day!