“Beware the barking dog”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Maroochydore, Australia
“Beware the barking dog”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hotel is close to the airport and includes a free shuttle, but is quite remote from other services (in other words, there is nothing else in the area). The staff are very helpful and the hotel is quite good value for money. However, you should be aware that the hotel web site states "Pets allowed". I only realized this when the dog in the next room started yapping constantly for several hours. I asked the front desk staff to throw the dog a bone to stop the barking, and things improved. However, the next morning the dog barked constantly for several hours. Another call to the front desk was made to try to stop the noise. Alas, when I returned to my room this evening I still have a barking dog next door. I have never encountered anything like this in over 30 years of travel. I suggest that management ban pets to ensure that guests get some sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from barking dogs.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear ParaBill,

Thank you for taking the time to write a guest review for us. We are always striving to ensure all of our guests have a pleasant and comfortable experience, and I would like to extend my apologies that we did not fulfill that goal with your past stay.

I will be passing on this review to our Front Office management, in hopes that we can come up with better solutions to ensure the comfort and peace of mind for all our guests.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please do not hesitate to contact me. We hope that you will give us another chance, and that we can improve your impression of our hotel.

Elizabeth Wittstock | Reservations Supervisor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was trying to get back to Colorado from the Boston area when the winter weather took a turn for the worst. I was rerouted via MSP and got out of there just in the nick of time before Logan shut down. The hotel is very conveniently located near the airport and Mall of America. They also offer free shuttles to both locations (a real plus). We arrived late in the evening and had dinner in their on-site restaurant. The food was good but very slow as the kitchen was overloaded due to the influx of stranded travelers. The room was very nice but the heater didn't have a low speed (broken). It was either heat high or off (at least it was still heat). I was put in a full acccess room (code for handicapped configured). Ok for one night but I am a tall person and that just never works out for me. Actually, I was thankful that there was a room available. The buffet breakfast was wonderful - so much to choose from. I can't say much else - We were there for only a few hours but the hotel is a keeper in my book.

Room Tip: Get on an upper floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Geocaching Ace,

I'm glad you were able to make it to Minneapolis during the storm, this winter has been atrocious!

Being one of the closest hotels to the airport, we are very quick to fill the house, and I'm glad that you experienced a pleasant stay on your unexpected visit.

We look forward to having you with us again soon. Have a great day, and stay warm!

Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed many hotels around MSP airport but this is my favorite. Rooms are big and nice. Staffs are very nice at front desk , shuttle driver and restaurant. I also like the ice decoration outside and lobby set up.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jimmy S,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay! We're proud to be your favorite hotel in the area, and are happy to see that you enjoyed your last stay with us.

We look forward to having you with us again soon. Have a great day!

Minnesota
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This was my third time staying at this hotel the night before a flight out of MSP. A great rate keeps me coming back. We had 4 rooms booked and were all on the same floor- not important, but a nice touch. The bar area was packed as the hotel was holding a conference. Ordered drinks and sat outside in the hotel lobby. We were able to use the computers and print off boarding passes without issues. Our last stay we were given 2 complimentary drink coupons, this time no such luck. Maybe because of hotel volume? The shuttle to the airport was quick and painless; our return shuttle took longer than expected- the driver drove by without stopping and headed to the other terminal so we did need to wait for him to do his drop off and return to us at the main terminal- probably had to wait an extra 15 minutes because of this. Other than that the stay was good and I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear nicurn72,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a guest review for us. We are always looking for ways to improve, and we appreciate your feedback.

I apologize for the long wait with your return shuttle service, I will certainly pass your comments on to our Management team to ensure we are always providing the best service to our guests.

We look forward to having you with us again soon. Please let me know if you have any questions or further comments.

Hospitably,

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have stayed in this area a few times and for convenience I do recommend this hotel. It is a nice property it is getting a worn in areas , but the service makes up for that. It is one of the few places in the USA that has an executive lounge that provides free drinks and some good snacks. The lounge itself is a bit small and fills up fast for breakfast and then happy hour. They have a shuttle service to and from the airport that makes it easy getting there.

The rooms are clean but showing some wear , the bathrooms are very small , The beds are good Hilton quality. They do have the single serve coffee makers which are good.

Room Tip: Rooms with the roll in showers have a bigger bathroom
Dear SN1960,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport - Mall of America. We truly appreciate your returning patronage, and appreciate your feedback.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon! If you have further comments about your stay, please feel free to let me know.

Have a great day !

Iowa
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We arrived around nine that night and went right to bed. I am diabetic and have a couple low episodes a year. That night was one of them, and off to the lobby at 3 a.m. looking for anything to eat. The one time I forgot something. Candy bars and chips were in the lobby snack area where I proceeded to consume one of them and grab a couple more. Then turned around to find the night clerk. I explained my plight to where he said it didn't matter, do what it takes. Then made sure I didn't need emergency medical care. Then I paid for them. I turned at the elevators and he was still watching me. To the young man on Jan 31 2014 Thanks for caring.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear GuyNurse,

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay, and I'm happy to see that you're doing alright. Personally I have several family members who are also diabetic, and understand how low blood sugar can become a serious issue quickly. I'm happy to see that our Front Desk was understanding and were concerned for you, as of course, our guests are our top priority!

I thank you again for your review, and we all look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Take care,

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 2 February 2014

As I was checking in, I decided that I needed a room upgrade and the manager working last night (forgot his name) was able to do that for me as the room I wanted was available. We were able to have kids come swimming for a pool party and pizza/cake. Janet came to remove all the garabages, switch out our towels, vacuum, and give us a couple fresh sheets (all free of charge besides the tip). Nobody said anything about us taking pool towels to our room as we had so many kids. For the American girl package, we were given the bed to take to the room. After our company left, room service brought 7 large chocolate cookies and two wine glasses filled with milk for my kids. In the morning, Jeff was our waiter in the restaurant. He was friendly and prompt. The breakfast buffet had a good variety of fresh fruit, juice, bagels, cereal, yogurt, French toast, eggs, bacon, gourmet jelly for the toast, and much more. However the food was not warm. When we went back upstairs to our room and requested a couple extra shampoo we needed, the staff allowed me to take whatever I needed. Fast and speedy checkout. They have plenty of carts for guests to use when needing to take a lot of things to/from the car. We all loved the setup of the pool which allowed the adults to easily watch where the kids were at all times. Not all hotels are so clean as this was not dirty anywhere. Definitely will stay again as the hospitality and cleanliness that I haven't seen at other hotels.

• Stayed February 2014
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Cindy198125,

I am so happy to see that our staff made your stay comfortable and pleasant. We are always striving to be the best in the Twin Cities, and I will personally make sure our staff is recognized for their efforts.

I apologize that your food was not warm, that is definitely something I will also be passing on to our Food and Beverage team, as we of course want to make sure our guests' meals are always hot and delicious.

Again, I thank you for your kind words, and we hope to see you again soon!

Take care,