“Nice long weekend”

Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed three nights in the Minneapolis area and found this hotel to be quite nice. Pool and workout area was good. The room was nicely decorated and spacious. We had heating/cooling issue in the room; staff were very accommodating with getting the issue fixed. The 12th floor with penthouse access to the breakfast and happy hour drinks and snacks was really nice. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SJM2005
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us some great feedback. Our staff is pleased that you have enjoyed your stays with us. We strive to offer great service and comments such as yours makes our day!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Hilton always delivers on a great stay. The rooms are great, the staff accomadating and always a great value. When we are unable to stay downtown this is the place to stay. location close to the Mall of America and the freeway system. Wonderful breakfast area and great nature preserve area within walking distance. Great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed one night and found the staff and room to be good. I used the work out room and it was equipped nicely and had enough treadmills that there was no waiting. They also had two hot tubs which was nice.

The business lounge is nice but not large enough to service those for breakfast or happy hour both times I was forced to grab and go

There is a very nice nature park next to it that had a great 4 mile hiking trail for biking, jogging or walking

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The rooms are fair but the Business lounge is a joke. It is always over sold so the 8 tables are always full and 60% of guests are turned away. Some guests use it as a child play area making it unbearable and the quality guests leave stating they will never return. One family took up 4 of the 8 tables for their 7 kids and then ordered takeaway and used a table just for their food over and above the other tables. One guest last night was sitting on the lounge and 4 kids were climbing all over the lounge and he got up and left. The kids were coughing all over the place the picking up food with there hands in an extremely un hygienic fashion. The lady running the lounge tried to get the family to restrict the tables but they took no notice of her. On my 3rd evening at the hotel I finally got a table then they ran out of drinks an hour before the complimentary drinks time finished. Twice I have not had a table to have breakfast in the lounge as again it is well over booked. One guest came and asked how can you put up with this nonsense and he said he will never return to this hotel. He went to see the manage but he was unavailable. I emailed the General Manager and he replied back with 2 sentences saying he understands my issues and if I get time give him a call and he would contact me in my room and its now 4 days and I haven't heard from him.
The other issues I would like to raise is there is no doorman or bell boys to assist with luggage and if you require a trolley it can take up to 20 minute to get one as the guests just leave them anywhere they please in the hotel and then you have to go looking to find one.
I rang regarding washing and I was informed they only do it monday to friday which I can work with, but when I rang to say I have washing in the laundry bag in my room I was told I must bring it down to the foyer and hand it over to to front desk at check in.
One other point I should make is there is no mini bar or cooling facility in the room for drinks or food so if you are staying for longer than one night I suggest you buy a cooler to keep anything cold.
The whole experience here has been terrible and it is an absolute disgrace to the Hilton brand.
As you can understand I am checking out tomorrow and moving to the Hyatt hoping that will be better.
Mind you a cheap hotel on the side of the highway would be better than the service here.
For the hotel manager not to make an effort to follow up on complaints shows a complete lack of interest in the brand and a hotel is only as good as the general manager.
Sorry if this sounds harsh but I can tell you I have been very kind with my comments.

Room Tip: The rooms are quite good but it is the rest that lets the hotel down
1  Thank Ian F
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback Ian F. I am so sorry that your experience with us was not better. We are planning a major refresh of our rooms later this year that will include refrigerators in all rooms. We also are looking at ways to improve the executive lounge as we are aware that it does fill up at times. I certainly regret that you had to put up with inconsiderate guests that monopolized the lounge. We will use all of your feedback to continue to try and improve our service levels.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed in two hotels in the Minneapolis area. One downtown and one by Mall of America/Airport. Both quite nice with friendly employees and comfortable bedrooms. The restaurant in the downtown hotel was excellent, as were the conference accommodations We enjoyed our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your kind remarks Joyce. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Good location next to the airport. good transportation to airport and train transportation. Breakfast bar was good but not much variation. Bar was over priced for the amount of wine served. Room are clean but not fancy. Staff is very helpful, and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you Brent, for your great feedback. Our staff will pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are planning on some major enhancements to our guest rooms & restaurant later this year. We hope you will have a chance to stay with us again and experience the upgrades. Take care.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I arrived very early, and the front desk staff informed me that there were no rooms clean yet. They said it might take 45 minutes, and I could use the business center or the comfy chairs in the lobby. I chose the lobby and in less than 20 minutes they came and got me to tell me a room was ready.

The lobby is very nice, and the room was very comfortable and clean. Overall a very good place to stay, and I will denfinitly stay there again on my next visit to MSP.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments Dwaine. It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you again soon. Take care.