“Kind of a hidden gem.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Kind of a hidden gem.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night in June. 7th floor, great view to the south and the backwater and the nature preserve. This hotel seems out of place geographically. It's a standard Hilton that you'd find across the street from a convention center...except where it's located feels like it's "out in the country!" Yes it's across the freeway from the airport, yes they have shuttle service to airport and to the Mega Mall, but still it's surrounded by nature. There is NO valet parking, but there is a bellman on duty for all other services. Friendly staff, super clean room, good beds and linen. Each time I was at the desk, there were always multiple staff around, something I like, rather than ONE person trying to help a bunch of folks. Pricelined for 1/2 the rack rate so everyone won. We spent a little in the bar and had great service. They also have an evening hours steak house, we had reservations at Ruth's Chris so didn't use it...but will try it next time.

Room Tip: If you like watching planes take off, try the north side... Nature on the south side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Milanie S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
farmerwithdlrs2spend.
We are pleased you enjoyed your visit with us. We think this property is a gem also! We hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was stuck in Minneapolis last week when my flight was cancelled due to bad weather throughout the Midwest. When I called, frazzled because I needed a last minute room, they were very helpful. I had a room booked, at the government rate, in less than five minutes and was able to catch the shuttle and get to the hotel and all checked in in under an hour. Half an hour later, I was on the shuttle to the Mall of America for some much needed retail therapy.

The room was clean and very nice. I ordered room service for dinner, and the duck was excellent. I also really liked the shampoo/conditioner in the bathroom & the water pressure was extremely good.

I was able to have a restful night after a stressful day, and would stay at this Hilton again if I was again in Minneapolis.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
lemonlime78,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay. We are gald to hear you enjoyed the hotel and restaurant, and very glad we able to rescue your day and turn it around! We hope to see you again.
Homer, Alaska
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a great hotel for an extended layover. The airport shuttle is prompt and they also offer a shuttle to the Mall of America! The shuttles run frequently and are large enough to accommodate a big family group. The king bed room was spacious, though the bathroom was small and did not have the sink area outside the bathroom, so only one person could comfortably use the bathroom facilities at once. The bed linens and the paper products were high quality and the bed very comfortable. The restaurant was a bit fancy, in my opinion, for families with small children or a single traveler, but the room service was fast and the food was very good. The staff and shuttle drivers were excellent.
I did not rate this five star because there is no free breakfast or wi-fi (I think it was about $10 per day unless you are Hilton Honors) and the room had very few electric outlets- I had to unplug a lamp to charge my phone and laptop. A desk lamp with included outlets would be very helpful!

Room Tip: I had a corner room and the window was quite large. It overlooked the city- I think the other side...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Elizabeth W, Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for your great feedback Walter. We are planning on some major improvements to our guest rooms and reaturant later this year and your comments are spot on. One of the improvments to our guest rooms will be the addition of more outlets and a dedicated "docking" station just for cellphones, ipads, etc. The restaurant will also be under going a major change in decor. It will be much more open and inviting. We hope that you have a chance to stay with us again so you can expereince our upgrades. Take care.
Snow Camp, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This Hilton is in the perfect location if you are visiting Mall of America. My daughter and I stayed here 4 nights. Their shuttle picked us up at the airport and took us back and forth to the mall. From the mall you can catch a bus to Mystic Lake or take the light rail train to downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul. The bus to Mystic lake is free. Breakfast buffet was great! All staff members were friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Rhonda D
Thank you for your great comments Rhonda. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait for you to come back!
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The shuttle service to the airport and to the Mall of America is very nice, but my room was not as clean as it should have been (film on the soap trap, fingerprints on the bathroom door). The "thermostat" did not have any effect on the cold air blowing into my room unless I turned it off.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the highway.
Green Features: Average on environmental friendliness, but the shuttles run even when no one is in them, which could be improved.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Flipperroni
Thank you for your great feedback. Your comments will help us improve the service that we offer. I also wanted to let you know we are working on improving our shuttle service while becoming more green. We are looking at ways to cut down on "empty" runs while maintaining prompt service. We are also very proud that we have won several awards for our various sustainable efforts as a business. Thanks again for some great feedback.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Based on the recent reviews, I selected this hotel for a stay and booked it on Expedia. When I walked up to the front desk for check in, a man completely ignored me. You know how I mean, when someone avoids all eye contact so that they can excuse themselves from helping you. It turns out this was the Night Manager, Francis P. We have a small dog and I informed them that I'd book the reservation in that way. The desk clerk threw on the desk a form for me to fill out saying: "That'll be an extra $50." Normally there is an extra charge, but never has it been given to me in a way that makes us feel like we are a "problem" before we check in. She said it was for a "cleaning fee". Upon reaching the room, we noticed some stains on the comforter, and informed the front desk immediately. It looked like soda pop may have been spilled. Also the room itself was not up to Hilton Standards. Later, when in the lobby I informed the manager Francis. I also asked if we could put my Honors Number into the system. He blamed the room on dog owners and offered nothing to help the situation. He actually was raising his voice to me when I left the front desk. Our daughter travelled with us, and when she turned down the bed that evening, there were dark hairs in the bed. Apparently the bedding had not been changed. Terrible stay. Also, they no longer have complementary coffee, wireless internet is difficult to connect to, and the staff (all but one) were arrogant and difficult. I chalked it up to it having been a weekend, but I can tell you...."MY Dog will never stay here again!!!!"

Room Tip: There are many other hotels right across the street with better service and value.
3 Thank Robert D
Robert, I do sincerely apologize that your stay with us was such a disappointment. I am very surprised about your encounter with Francis as he has been with us many years and has always been very guest focused. I am embarrased that your room was not up to our normal standards and I apoligize that our staff did not rectify the situation.

We are a pet friendly hotel , and we try to make sure everyone is aware of our additional cleaning fee and policies on each and every web site. I apoligize if something was not stated clearly on the website you booked.
Tampa/Brandon, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel was very nice. Room was clean and bed and bathroom was very comfortable. Easy to get to the city of Minneapolis. The shuttle to the airport ran every half hour starting at 4:00 am. It was very convenient and driver was very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Brenda W
Brenda, thank you for your comments. We love to see that our guests were pleased with their stay. I'll pass along your comments to our shuttle drivers as I am sure it will put a smile on their face to know they had another satisfied guest. Take care.