“Clean, Quiet, Comfortable”

Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Really impressive hotel. Only complaint was the size of a salad I had in the bar - it was massive! Enough to feed a family of four. But then I am a Brit!
Room was comfortable and clean, staff friendly and efficient. Recommended

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank davidh of england
Milanie S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

David of England,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your last stay. We are glad you enjoyed your room and the food. (even though the portion was large) We hope to see on your next visit tot he area.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very pleasant stay at the Hilton at 3800 American Way in Bloomington MN. Staff was extremely helpful, room clean and comfortable. Great place to stay, close to the MOA and highways. Have been staying here for the past 5 years when I come to St Paul and each time have always been impressed with how nice a time I have.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Milanie S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Burton K,
Thank you for being a regular guest! We appreciate your continued business as well as your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

As a. Hilton Diamond. Member, I try to stay the most in a Hilton. This is the second time that I have stayed at this location. And is because as I said it's location, close to major interstates and the Mall of America. The best is has to offer is the Executive Lounge which is available for members 24/7. The staff there is great in particular one named Javana Taylor, which she treated my family like it was hers. Very nice and always with finner suggestions and a big smile. Thanks. The other side, the rooms need major renovations, I was at the 9 floor with two connecting rooms and the beds and furniture looked old. I have two connecting rooms for my kids and I only got points for one room, when both were on my bill. Oh well I may have to dispute that, but if they change the furniture I will give them a next time 4 out of 5 but not at this moment.

Room Tip: Floor 12.at the Executive Lounge Floor w a pretty view to the wildlife
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

MiaMobile,
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed the Executive Lounge and the staff. I am excited to tell you that there is a planned renovation for the guest rooms later this year. When you experience the upgrades, we look forward to your feedback!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked a stay at this hotel over the 4th of July holiday weekend (stayed July 4th - 6th). We stayed at this hotel location a few years ago when it was a Marriott property. We were for a hotel in this location and were excited that it was now a Hilton property (plus I was just sure something I had seen while preparing to book this hotel mentioned it being renovated...). We were a bit disappointed with our stay. The hotel didn't seem to have been as "renovated" as I would have expected. The common areas may have been updated somewhat, but nothing significant. The bar/lounge off the lobby seemed to be the same, but the service was good here.

We splurged for an "executive" level room, which was essentially the same as the "club" level had been when we stayed there as a Marriott. Same floor (12th floor/top floor). Pretty certain we actually had the same room we had a few years ago. If there was any "renovation" here it wasn't overly apparent to us.

The biggest disappointment was with the "executive lounge", which is a big part of the reason you would upgrade to that option. The "cocktail" and hor d'oeuvres that were provided were very sub-par. The only beverage options were wine or beer (not even any actual "cocktails"). The other complimentary items that were supposed to be available 24/7 (soda, water, snacks, etc...) we found to be poorly stocked on most visits. The breakfast that was offered each morning in the executive lounge was also pretty minimal. While the did offer scrambled eggs and bacon, that was pretty much the extent of the "hot" options. There were of course an assortment of breads, rolls, cereals and fruits available, which to me are all pretty consistent with a continental breakfast.

Upon returning to our room the second night after an evening out, we found that we had no running water. A call to the front desk gave the indication the entire building had no water but that they were working on the situation. A few minutes later we received a call back indicating that they could either send up a technician to the room to fix it or we could wait until morning (it was already after midnight) but since we kind of needed water, we said sure to sending someone up. Not sure what they would have done for us if the entire building was without water, but before anyone showed up we could hear that the water was back on so called back down to advise that a technician was no longer necessary. Really not sure what this whole situation was, but it seemed odd.

Overall it was a really disappointing hotel experience during an otherwise enjoyable weekend get away. We do weekend getaways four, maybe five times a year and typically just stay at whatever seems to have a good rate in the area we want to be in without really focusing on a particular hotel chain. I was fully ready to revise that strategy and make a commitment to Hilton properties based on their reputation. Sadly, this experience has at least given me a reason to second guess that approach to future vacations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HLTMOA3800, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

D_Omen25

Thanks for the feedback. I do appologies for the isses with the water and attempted to reach out to you via a voicemail message I left on your personal phone.

I would still like to have the disccussion. Please let me know when it is a good time for you to disucss.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here before early morning flight. Room was very quiet, clean. Hotel check-in/check-out was quick. Lot of hotels close to airport that I've stayed at, but will probably stay at this one again. Convenient to Mall of America and many other restraurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Michael P,
Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit and hope are able to be with us longer.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip after the July 4th holiday. It was booked for me by my corporate travel agency. I have to say OMG. The building is old and not very well kept. The front desk ladies acted as though I was interrupting an important discussion when I checked in. The elevator and hallways smell like butt cheeks. In the rooms, the wallpaper is peeling in the bathroom. I called the front desk to advise them of the backed up sink, and got no answer. 15 minutes and I kept getting a general mailbox. Now, just to let you know, I am a Silver HHonours member, so I stay at Hilton hotels a LOT. This is one I will definitely NOT be coming back to.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Sean B

Thanks for the feedback and my apologies for the inconvenience. All you concerns had been addressed with the various teams for resolution.

I would like to discuss your concerns in greater detail. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel directly.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was a good Hilton hotel close to MSP. We were here for only 7 hours to sleep. So, we don't know much about the amenities but the room was extremely comfortable, quite, and had everything we needed. And, if was great value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Travel_Buff_BL
Thank you for your kind words. We certainly hope we can have you visit again and stay to enjoy our amenities and all the area has to offer.