“Minneapolis Hilton”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, United States
“Minneapolis Hilton”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great location as it's literally across the highway from the airport. Shuttle service takes you to and from the airport, as well as will run you over to the Mall of America if you desire. Friendly staff, good restaurant on premise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel put me in a room with purple mold growing all over the walls and white mold above headboard. I started looking around when i started having an allergic reaction to it. I was able to make them change it after showing them photos. At that point in time, I was told I was supposed to have been given free breakfast coupons as part of the agreement with my company. This is after I had already paid for breakfast. I pointed this out and they made no offer to refund my meal. The entire hotel smelled musty. The front desk staff were unpleasant and difficult to have resolve issues. The hotel gym consisted of several running machines and a closet sized weight room that only one person could fit inside comfortably. Upon leaving, I noticed extra charges from the dinning area that I had not placed. The staff made up numerous explanations that didn't make any sense. After showing them all of my receipts and their failure to produce any valid suggestions for where the charge came from they removed it and made me sign a form. I've never had a bad experience with any hotel before, but this place was disgusting and they tried to get more money out of me by double charging for breakfast and fraudulent charges on my bill. There are plenty of other places to stay in the area. Even a cheap motel would provide better quality and service!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
HLTMOA3800, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear anonymous a

Thank you for the feedback and bringing your issues to my attention. I truely apologize for the issues and oversights by the team here at the Hilton.

I am in the process of making sure all of the items you outlined are corrected and we Make it Right.

I would like to connect with you gather more details. Please contact me at the hotel directly to furthure resolve your concerns.

This is not the norm for this hotel and I hope your travels bring you back to this market; and you will give me another chance.

Ken Boyles
Seattle, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had the chance to spend a week at this Hilton and loved my stay. The shuttle concierge picked us up within 15 minutes of landing at the airport, very speedy! The staff was very welcoming and provided wonderful service to my entire family. Loved the close proximity to the local attractions and the airport!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dickinson, North Dakota
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

For the flagship of the Hilton brand, this hotel didn't match up well with the Hampton Inns little percs for club guests. Did get two waters at check-in but no cookie. No free breakfast. I am however glad that I tried the restaurant. Definitely THE highlight of my stay. The service was great and the food was excellent, especially dessert.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank John J
HLTMOA3800, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
John,

Thanks for being a Hilton Family loyal traveler. Your feedback is valuable to us as we moving into our upcoming refresh which will also address the Honors Executive lounge and how we can make it more comfortable for you as well as all loyal travelers

Ken Boyles, General Manager.
Saint Cloud, MN, USA
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Went to the Jackson Browne concert at the State Theater, only a six block walk. The hotel is close to theaters, food, a convention center, sporting events.

Nice facility at a good price. Parking on site, valet parking available.

Parking was our only hiccup - the signage is unclear as to which elevator to take to get to the lobby, but that was not a big problem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wonderful hotel. We were there on the 4th of July weekend as part of a wedding group. Hotel was sold out but the customer service was awesome. You would never have known they were at capacity. We had car trouble and had to extend our stay, the desk staff was so helpful with making arrangements and suggestions. Housekeeping was so sweet and graciously kind. If we ever were in Minneapolis again we would definitely stay there. I am not sure what rooms these other reviews were in, but our rooms were beautiful, updated, modern and clean. The bedding was extremely comfortable and the towels were soft and a lot of them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Milanie S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Beachy1987
Thank you for your kind words! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you with us again.
Addison, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is about a mile from the mall with shuttle service both ways. It is also right by the light rail which will take you directly to Nicollet mall. The hotel was clean, the employees were friendly. The kids enjoyed the pool. Not a hotel you can walk out of and find coffee shops or breakfast places without driving. If you like a urban location, don't choose this hotel.

jhezod
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here. For your next visit, we have the hotel shuttle avilable that can take you to the mall area as well.