“Excellent basic room. Staff extremely friendly and helpful...”

Super 8 Bloomington/Airport
Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed night of 02/21/2014 because my flight was cancelled, like half the NE. Calling around was not able to find any available rooms until calling Super 8, I was hesitant, and it was late. Got to the hotel and checked in around 9:45pm. Guy behind the desk, was loud, rude and short with a guest for a simple request (the guest was asking to change a couple ones for some quarters for the vending machine). I fortunately checked in with the young lady that was at the desk she was very pleasant and helpful. Got to my room and was less than pleased with the cleanliness of the room. Hair on the bathroom floor,there were cheetos in the vents of the AC unit (REALLY?? Housekeeping didn't see that??) shower curtain rod looked like it was about to fall off, one of the two beds had stains on the sheets. I wanted to plug my phone in behind the nightstand, but when I looked behind it for the outlet, I didn't want to reach back there, it was filthy. Should have just slept on a bench at the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Philip V
S8BloomingtonGM, General Manager at Super 8 Bloomington/Airport, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the poor experience that you had. We strive to provide every guest with an enjoyable experience. When we fall short of this goal it is very disappointing. I know that we were extremely bust the night you checked in and perhaps that may have played a part in the interaction you witnessed with the desk clerk, however rude desk clerks are not something we tolerate and I will bring your review to the attention of the staff. Please know that I will utilize your response as a tool to further train the staff on the issues that you mentioned.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at 952-888-8800, if you would like to discuss this further, or if I can be of any assistance.

Melody Maus
Minnesota
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We needed a quick stay for one night due to delays at the airport. This was what was availible. As we pulled in there were two cop cars in the lot. As a joke I aske the driver if this was a normal thing. He said yes they are here all the time. So joking again I said " what is it, hooker and drug dealers"? He said " yes for the most part. but its safe we never have gunfire". We had people in the hall ways all night talking load. Seems they have a lot of people that live ther full time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Briand1163
S8BloomingtonGM, General Manager at Super 8 Bloomington/Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am very sorry that you had to stay with us due to flight cancellations. I know that this never makes for and enjoyable evening.

It is disappointing as well as concerning that the joking that you and the shuttle driver shared made you feel that you need protection of some kind. I don't believe this was his intention. It sounds like you were given the wrong impression. Although the Police are here on occasion it should not be taken negatively. Being in a busy metropolitan area the Police do stop by from time to time to see how things are going or occasionally to take care of things for us. By no means is this a dangerous hotel, nor is this a common occurrence. Please know that the safety and security of our guests is a high priority and we make every effort to provide a safe environment for our guests.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and provide you with an enjoyable experience if you are in the area again. If you would like to discuss your stay with me in more detail please contact me directly at 952-888-8800.

Melody Maus
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Check in was fast and friendly (even arranged my cab out for me the next morning) room was fairly clean, the only bad point was the bed. It was old and very well used. Soft and lumpy. They need to upgrade beds and bedding. Otherwise, the room was fine. $70 with AAA was a bit pricey for an average hotel, but the location was good for what I needed.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
#40 of 42 in Bloomington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport

Been to Super 8 Bloomington/Airport? Share your experiences!