“Customer Service? None Here!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Left our room at 8:35 this morning. Out of three elevators, one was working. The elevators are very small, so if four people get in with their luggage, it is full. It took 20 minutes to get an elevator, and we only finally got one by pushing the up button instead of down, rode up to the 18th floor and back down. So we got down to the breakfast area at 8:55, which is supposed to be serving until 9:00. Half of the food was empty, and we asked one of the women at the front desk if anyone was working in the breakfast area to refill items - she said she would find someone. There was food spilled on the counters and the entire area was a mess. There were about 4 containers of yogurt left, 2 biscuits, no gravy left, some scrambled eggs that had not been completely cooked, and no sausage. The woman from the front desk came back and said they were not refilling any food because it was 9:00. If a business advertises that they serve breakfast until 9:00, I would expect all items to be available and refilled at least to that time, if not longer since they obviously know about their elevator issues! Two other guests heard her and also complained that it took at least 15 minutes to get an elevator and now they weren't refilling the breakfast items? As we were leaving the breakfast area, the two male employees who either didn't even speak English or pretended not to speak English so they didn't have to answer guest concerns, were asked by guests why there was no coffee left and they just shrugged their shoulders and mumbled something. I did not see either of these employees come out from behind the counter to clean up any of the mess. They were completely useless and obviously didn't care. Also be aware that this facility allows pets (which we found out when a dog entered the elevator with us) and we are both allergic to animals. There were piles of food garbage around the lobby area that should have been cleaned up. The room doors slam very loudly so you will be hearing that constantly. The overall attitude of the employees here is WHATEVER. They really couldn't care less. If you need to catch a flight or be anywhere at a certain time, do not stay here! Waiting 20 minutes for an elevator is ridiculous!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mitchamtoo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel. Our stay was very enjoyable. The staff was very cordial. Hotel had shuttle to
MOA which was convenient. Also breakfast was sufficient but had to eat sitting on sofa in lobby because was crowded. Good for hotel, bad for guest not being able to find a table. Would stay again if we visited area again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen N
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The management needs to have series talks with their staff. I had asked for non feather pillows when we checked in because both my sister, who was traveling with me, and I are both allergic to feathers. The staff was very rude saying I should have put that in the notes when I made my reservation. I used the phone app to make my reservation and there was no place for notes. Nowhere in the hotel description did it say they had feather pillows. I have stayed in several LaQuinta's and have never come across feather pillows before so it has never been an issue. I was told all the non feather pillows were in use in other rooms and that they had checked all 18 floors of the hotel to find pillows. This was over a matter of minutes and I don't believe that all the empty rooms weer checked. My sister and I had to take from our trip to go buy pillows which we could not take with us when we left because we were flying and did not have luggage that would accommodate the pillows. I had asked the staff to remove the feather pillows and the rude person I had been talking with said "well are you giving me permission to go into your room". I then had to wonder if things were going to be missing when I got back from buying the pillows. I had asked to talk to a manger at the time and none was around to deal with the problem. The staff said I could talk with someone the next day. When I went out the next morning I spoke with someone different at the desk who was apologetic and said she would talk to the manager and find some additional pillows for our room. When we returned later in the afternoon there were no pillows and no messages from the manager. I called down to the desk again and I was yelled at by the person from the day before saying she had told me to talk to someone that morning. Silly me I thought someone would actually do something and I would not have to be yelled at and treated so appallingly by the staff. When I checked out the following morning I was furious. A manager did come out. He adjusted our bill for one days lodging, but it still after the three weeks since I was there does not make up for how I was treated and spoken to by the staff. On top of everything else the hotel was dirty. There were bags of trash left in the hallways over night on our floor.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Donna H
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We've stayed at this hotel for several years now as we have family in the area. In the course of five years, we've seen the front staff go from exceptionally friendly to overstressed and easily frustrated by guests and the consequence of that. The elevators are old and need of repair. The hotel has 18 floors so the elevators see quite a bit of use. It's obvious the hotel knows this, as during our stay they they had one elevator out of comission the entire time. The waits for the elevators stretched to 5 or 10 minute waits. Especially when the hotel staff used them to get to rooms to clean them. I do have a big problem with that. Hotel cleaning staff should have their own service elevator and not be using the guest elevators with their big carts. The fitness room was a huge disappoint and half the machines were out of order or needed repair. The breakfast now served eggs and sausage and added another waffle station -- however, they cut back on their coffee and tea service. To Go cups and sipable lids were no longer offered. Why cut corners like that? The dining room had plenty of space for more tables and chairs and there were so few, that during busy morning rushes, families had to take their meals to the lobby. Crazy. The rooms were showing their age. There are no longer soap dishes. You are only given shampoo and bathsoap. When so many hotels still offer hand lotion and conditioner -- it does seem they are skimping everywhere they can. The bedding was also showing it's age. The pillows were lumpy. Mattress was not firm and needs an update. It's disappointing as we enjoyed this hotel previously and like the location. However, our next visit to town to see family will likely see us staying at one of the other hotels across the street.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne A
A TripAdvisor Member
Muscatine
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My high school friends and I travel to a professional baseball game in the midwest once a year. It was our first trip to see the Twins. We will be back again and we will stay at the La Quinta again. The service was friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. I usually have problems sleeping at hotels, but didn't here. The location was close to Target Field and the Metro. We had no problems what so ever. When we return we will stay at the same La Quinta. We really enjoyed our weekend. P.S. Breakfast was also excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Love staying at the LaQuinta in Bloomington,mn. Staff great, rooms always clean, breakfast awsome. Feel very safe there. This location is so accessable to so many places in Minneapolis. Also well lit parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We booked 2 double rooms to sleep 8 but had 9 in our party (6 were kids age 5 to 14) We called in advance to get rooms side by side or across the hall was told ok. Called at 4pm the day of to make sure we could check in late, guaranteed arrival, and was told no problem. We arrived at 10:30pm, asked to check into our two rooms and were met with puzzled looks. They had switched us to a suite and gave away our other room! We were told numerous times they were over booked and blamed hotwire and priceline for the overbooking issues. We felt pressured to all try to sleep in the one suite, which only had one bed and one couch (9 people!). We had to demand rollaway beds as they were not offered and it was horrible trying to fit them in, and bathing with 4 towels to share was even worse. After we were told we would be refunded one of the room fees paid to hotwire for the hotel's mistake at check in, the next day we were told we would get no refund because they were able to accommodate us in their suite! one girl even told me we didn't deserve a refund because we got the room at a discounted price. We paid for 2 rooms that would sleep 8, we got one room that slept 4 and ended up paying more than full price for that one room. Oh, and to really top it off she also told us if we didn't like it at check in we could have just canceled our reservation and gone somewhere else that night! Yeah at 10:30pm, with kids who are tired, find a new hotel with two double rooms? Crazy and rude. Still waiting to hear from a manager.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends