“no surprises”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #33 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here since the price was right and we had to get up early to catch our flight. The room, hallways, and decor are outdated, but that was no problem since we did not have any expectations for our short stay. Auto coffee machine did not thrill me....would rather have fresh coffee available in the lobby. Donuts and apples were set out by 4am. The shuttle driver was very nice. For a quick overnight near the airport this place works fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for the review. I'm not certain how early you departed, but we do offer fresh brewed coffee in our breakfast area, and offer the instant coffee in the lobby to assure that all guests have access to 24-hour coffee. We are also in the process of upgrading all of our hotel bedding, and this should give the rooms a fresh updated look. I hope you'll visit again and see the changes.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Staff was very helpful and made sure we had connecting rooms to make it easier with managing the kids. Hotel was clean and proximity to the airport was convenient. It was fine for the few hours we had.

The hotel is a bit older. The lobby is very nice but hallways and elevators are very old. Beds were okay with regards to comfort. Mattresses were a little saggy but at the price, you really can't argue.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for the time you took to write a review. I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your stay, and I appreciate your specific comments. The bed and bed packages are being upgraded over the next couple of months and should update the look and feel of the entire room. I hope you'll return to see the changes.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

location was clean. There was an Outback Steakhouse adjacent to the property. Breakfast was not that great. However, it was what I needed at a good price. There were other properties in the area for a few dollars more, but I thought priceline would do better for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for the review and I hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Booked room via cell/web which was our first mistake but it was late and we were not familiar with area. Though web showed rooms available, gentleman said only the "suite" was available. Described the room as spacious, wonderful, jacuzzi, first rate and ONLY $149. As we were tired, I booked the room. Not impressed with the location nor the lobby but just wanted a bed. The room was awful!! Suite? You gotta be kidding. It was OLD, OLD, OLD, smelled, stained floors and the tubs were so dirty we both refused to use them. To add insult to injury, there was no coffee maker. The sheets were cheap and wrinkled, the towels stiff and the room dark. When I mentioned the lack of a coffee machine to the male desk clerk his response: oh, just put the packets in the cup and run hot tap water over it. When I mentioned the tubs needing a good cleaning, he just shrugged his shoulders like I was wasting his time. And to top it off there was $22.99 in taxes fees, added. For $172 dollars you can find an excellent room elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room BEFORE paying.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for writing a review, and I apologize that the two-room Jacuzzi Suite was not to your liking. The room renovations are relatively new, and we generally receive positive comments on these rooms. I will certainly investigate the quality issues you mention as well as the service response you received. At some point I hope you will consider giving us another try, and feel free to contact me at the hotel if you would like to discuss your stay in greater detail.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here overnight for a band competition with nearly 200 people including adults and students. The staff was very accommodating and took good care of us. The location is close to MOA, with it being down the street from MOA and IKEA. Nothing special about the rooms, just your average chain hotel room with two beds. Clean and pretty large facility with indoor pool and hot tub.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

I appreciate the review and I'm glad the hotel worked good for the group. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The room was clean, but in the shower on the tiles it looked like there was a little mold. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were small and not comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver was very nice, they offer the shuttle not only to the airport but to the Mall of America and Wal Mart, it id in a great location. Overall great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your comments, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The hotel's bedding package will be replaced by the end of the year, and I'm sure you'll find the new pillows more to your liking (there will be a choice between soft and firm). I will also address the potential mold issue you mentioned. Once again, thank you, and I look forward to your return to our Comfort Inn.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Booked based on the pics on internet and being close to the airport...The rooms are totally NOT as pictured, are smelly(as is the whole hotel, beds very uncomfortable, silly small square pillows, most of the night, you could hear pile driving construction noise, trucks backing up beeping noise...spend a few more bucks and go to Hampton.....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

I'm sorry your stay with us wasn't pleasant. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a great stay. Sometimes things don't work out as planned, but our staff is directed to do whatever it takes to provide a pleasant stay and great experience. I hope you alerted our staff, and I would have expected them to change your room, location, or whatever it took to provide a better stay. Please feel free to contact me, Don Peterson, to discuss this with you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!