“Problems with shuttle from the MOA”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #33 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The biggest problem with this Comfort Inn was with the shuttle service from the Mall of America. Because of its location in Bloomington, this is an important service/amenity, but on both our trips to the Mall, when we were ready to go back to the motel, only one small shuttle showed up to transport a large number of guests. Since the small shuttle could not handle all the guests, there was a rush of everyone to get on the shuttle and many guests (usually the slower/older guests) were left at the Mall without a ride until another shuttle arrived. We ended up taking a taxi on 2 occasions because we did not went to wait after being left behind. It is not the drivers' fault, as they were all very friendly and apologetic, but we noticed other motels/hotels were either coming to the Mall more often or bringing larger vans. The Comfort Inn's schedule to and from the Mall is not very frequent or regular. For this reason and this reason only, I would not recommend this Comfort Inn to others planning on staying here to go to the Mall of America. In contrast, the shuttles to the airport were on a much better and more frequent schedule and we had no problems or complaints.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PWM-MJM
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for the review, and I apologize for the issues with the shuttle service. While we generally receive positive comments in this department, it appears the drivers did fall behind in this instance. We'll certainly consider your comments, and hope you'll consider using us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Airport

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The room is clean but the furniture needed to be replace badly, as well as the fixtures in bathroom that are falling apart.
The breakfast has good varieties, my advice; show up early. Shuttle services to Airport is good, using shuttle to the Mall of America is on fixed schedule, so plan in advance.
I paid an advance rate around $70. If you pay way over that price, skip it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KatherineSJ
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for the review, and I apologize that you were disappointed with the hotel furnishings. We are continually making upgrades, and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This has got to be one of the largest hotels I've ever stayed in. My son and I stayed here two nights while visiting the Mall of America. The location is excellent, right off the highway, and close to both the mall and the airport. Check-in was great, as the staff was very friendly. My son and I enjoyed the pool. The room was comfortable and large. Breakfast was good, with hot items. Seating was a little difficult as the hotel was so full, but there is overflow seating in the pool area and in the courtyard outside. The line-ups moved fairly quickly, so I'm not sure how one could improve on the breakfast set-up given the location and size, and the number of people who go through. The staff kept the food containers filled. This is where I will plan to stay any time I'm in the Minneapolis area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Geoffrey27
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great location by MSP with free shuttle to and from MSP running 24/7, that is nice.
Desk personnel greeted me and I was checked into room on less than 5 minutes.
Room was clean. The rooms and hallways are dated and will get an update soon I hope.
Breakfast was ok. I have had better but have seen worse. I got the fresh fruit and coffee.
The hotel is ver budget friendly for this not looking to spend $200 or more huts to sleep,for a few hours
I would stay here again and I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FamilyGuyPBI

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our hotel. We appreciate you comments and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Affordable and friendly staff and a restaurant attached makes it a great place to stay! The rooms are quite and clean. Conveniently located close to the airport with a shuttle avaliable. Pool work out room breakfast. Book online or call.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We appreciate the comments and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very large, older property about 15 minutes from MSP. Clean parking lot, relatively well-lighted. Room was very clean, but hallways are dim and somewhat grimey. People at the front desk were friendly. AC and bed were both very good. Room was very quiet, even though the hotel was busy. WiFi-only Internet was very weak and unreliable in my room at the back corner of the hotel. Breakfast was average Choice. Drain in bathroom sink was slow, and the hot water in the shower was only warm. Shuttle to/from airport is very good - but don't be in a hurry - it only runs every 30 minutes. Perfectly decent place to stay for a day or two.

Room Tip: If Internet is important, choose a room near the center of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave4_-_3W

Thank you for writing a review. I appreciate your comments, and in particular the comments regarding the internet signal. I've forwarded this information on to our provider and trust the issue will be addressed. Thank you, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Selected this place based on proximity to the Mall of America, an added bonus was the Outback Restaurant in immediate proximity of the property. Ice machines were awesome, plenty of ice and conveniently located not far from my room, at the end of the hall. I suggest an end room, close to the elevator. The hallways are long. In-room A/C units were efficient and provide white noise to block out television sounds from adjoining rooms. Front desk staff were professional and efficient. The magnetic tag on my room key stopped working at one point during my three day stay, and they promptly provided a new one. I used the business center to print out the boarding passes for my family with no problems.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 610Desmond
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments on to our staff, and please come see us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!