“Great location”

Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South
Ranked #32 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Convenient for the school that I was attending. Spent a week there and was in a great location for restaurants, shopping and everything else. The restaurant and bar was very good and I did receive a free breakfast voucher for every mornibg. Convenient to the airport.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper level floor. Book with your priority club number/
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you so much for your feeback. We are so happy that our location was able to fulfill all of your needs. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed the Green Mill, all of our employees also indulge in there wonderful options regularly! The next time your travels bring you to Bloomington, please keep us in mind! Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The rooms were clean and I was glad to see a fridge and microwave.
-Bed was very comfortable.
-Bathroom counter was very high. From looking at it, looks like it was raised from what was originally intended. I'm a tall gal and my husband's tall also, so it was fine, but if you on the short side or have small kids it's not very user friendly.
-Toilet height seemed exceptionally short.
-No bathroom ventilation at all, so things got pretty steamy pretty fast in there.
- General room sound was minimal on the 2nd floor. Nice and quiet.

-Pool area was a bit odd. The entire pool was enclosed by fencing and was separate from the hot tub area. You had to unlock the gate to the pool, then walk around to the gated hot tub area. Very inconvenient.
-Pool was cold and small.
-Surrounding the pool was a dining area. Just an odd layout.

-Free coffee in the a.m.....if you woke up in time I guess. Otherwise no free breakfast.
-Green Mill restaurant was attached. We ate there one night and it was okay. Kids ate free if you were a hotel guest.

-Staff was generally friendly.

Room Tip: Stay away from poolside rooms, vending, elevators for piece & quiet. 2nd floor in the middle (r...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate all comments, good or bad. We are very happy that you were pleased with the comfort and cleanliness of your room. We are currently undergoing a tub resurfacing project, so this should not be an issue upon completion. We will address the temperature of the pool with our Chief Engineer and will hopefully be able to fix this issue as well. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to Bloomington; you choose to stay at our property. Thank you again for your comments and for staying at the Holiday Inn I35W.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed here one night during a business trip. The location was easy to find, just off I-35. When I checked in the clerk was friendly and provided me with a coupon for 15% off any food from the restaurant since I'm a Priority Club member. When I dropped off my key at checkout the clerk was also very friendly.

The room was clean with a sofa and a king size bed. Although this appeared to be an older hotel the room appeared to be in excellent condition and were up to date. The bed was comfortable, but I don't care for the small pillows Holiday Inn uses. Even though some are marked as soft and others as firm I noted little difference. The lamps had electrical outlets that made it convenient to charge my phone and use it as an alarm clock. The room I had was on the 3rd floor and overlooked the roof. It was very quiet.

Although I didn't eat there, they had a menu of the food from the Green MIll restaurant in the room, which you could get as room service or carry out if you prefer. I was pleased to see the vending machines accepted credit cards as well as cash.

Although the hotel was fine I probably wouldn't stay there again as I think the Hampton Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses that offer a free breakfast are a better value and have rooms just as nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

We are so pleased that you enjoyed you stay at the Holiday Inn -35. We greatly appreciate your comments about our guest rooms and our staff. We will be sure to forward your words on. Should your travels bring you back to Bloomington, feel free to give us a call directly to inquire about our rates that include breakfast in the Green Mill. Thank you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed on Friday and Saturday as I was in town for my graduate school graduation. The hotel and our room was clean. That's the good part. The pool which looks nice in the pictures is far too cold, the first day we were there we could only be in the water for five minutes, and the surrounding pool atrium is even colder which makes it awful when you get out. It seemed like something was wrong mechanically there. So that's probably something they can fix. The hallways were loud, a large group if kids checked in late on Friday and were running in the halls, two of them even knocked on our door thinking we were someone else and woke us up. Saturday we asked at the front desk for use of a bottle opener to open two bottles of beer to celebrate my graduate degree and were told no. It's a strange request I know, and That is certainly not their responsibility, but this hotel is not near anything where we could quickly go get one. With a Green Mill restaurant on site at the hotel I believe they could have helped us if they wanted to do so. We later drove to the Mall of America (about 5 miles) to pick one up. Overall this stay wasn't what I have come to expect from the Holiday Inn brand.

• Stayed: May 2013
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We sincerely appreciate all comments, good or bad. The issue with the temperature of the pool will be brought to the attention of our Chief Engineer. We definitely do not want to have our guests uncomfortable, and we truly appreciate you bringing the matter to our attention. As far as the customer service aspect you encountered, we apologize if you feel we could have handled the situation better. We always strive for 100% customer satisfaction, and that is not what you received. We are very sorry for the issues you encountered and do want to congratulate you on your graduation. We truly hope you will give our location another chance if you are ever in the Bloomington area. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Had an enjoyable stay at this Holiday Inn... as a Platinum Member... I can say their service was excellent. Arrived late, check-in was easy and attendant was helpful and frankly enjoyable to speak with. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. My room was quiet and conducive to work or sleep. Internet was slightly slow, it had trouble with images. I don’t have that problem with my computer at other hotels. Had a great night. Morning breakfast at Green Mill was great both in service and food. Hotel let me use the internet even after I had checked-out to finish my work. Enjoyable Stay… Great Service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

We sincerely appreciate your wonderful comments! Our team strives to offer the best customer service possible and we are so pleased you had great service at every corner. As a Platinum member, we know that you must travel very frequently. So we are very happy we were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again the next time business brings you to Bloomington! Thank you again!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had a room that was on the third floor, and at the end of a hall overlooking the pool area. The window was such thin glass (plexi) that when we went to sleep it sounded like we were in the pool area. It was a Saturday night and the pool area was noisy with screaming kids and people splashing well after 11:00 pm. We had to be up at 6am and had to put the fan on high for white noise in order to sleep. Maybe I am wrong...but I think that part of a hotel experience should be quiet if you need quiet. Otherwise this was an ok hotel. Rooms were clean and spacious. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room..nice bath amenities. I would go back, but I would request a room that does not overlook the pool area.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room that overlooks the pool if you want to sleep any earlier than 11:00 or 12:00...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

First, we would like to apologize for the noise levels you encountered during your stay. I took the liberty of making profile notes under your name; to try to put you in outside facing rooms when you stay. This should eleviate having the same issues during any future stays. We are happy that you enjoyed the other amenities that we offer. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Bloomington, you choose to stay with us again. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

My husband was stuck in Minneapolis overnight due to weather/flight delay. The hotel provided a free shuttle between the airport and the hotel that night. They took him back to the airport the next morning...and then back to the hotel when his flight was delayed another 12 hours. He was able to get a late (2:00!) check out which allowed him to lounge in a comfortable room rather than the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you so very much for your kind words! We are so happy that we were able to take care of your husband through, what we're sure, was a stressful time. Hopefully next time you can come to our property and enjoy our free shuttle to the Mall Of America for some family fun! We hope to see you again soon and thank you again!