“The definition of 'mediocre'”

Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South
Ranked #32 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The definition of 'mediocre'”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Nothing special. A bit dated, with relatively clean rooms. This property exemplifies what I'm beginning to identify as the 'typical' Holiday Inn.

It's 'ok', but other brands offer much more for the same price.

Room service order was wrong, and delivered without salt and pepper. Additionally, Drinks (soda can) delivered without glass/ice as requested.

Breakfast was 'ok', not great.

Platinum members seemed to get nothing extra, not even the bed style I had requested.

I'll be back next week, but doubt I would ever return to this property.

• Stayed April 2014
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We apologize that your recent stay with us was not up to your standards. We will be sure to pass all of your comments onto the corresponding managers so that we can make adjustments. We definitely appreciate your loyalty to the brand and sincerely hope that you remain one of our most valued customers. Beginning in 2014, IHG rolled out a new "Welcome Amenity Program" for our elite members. You will start to notice that all properties will offer the same options upon check in. We apologize if this was not offered to you and will be sure to address this with our staff. We hope that we can change your views during your next visit and we truly look forward to your next stay. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn I-35W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Omaha
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My Son's high school girlfriend purchased Red wings vs Wild tickets as a Christmas gift for the 22nd of March. I was the chaperon and the bonus member of our trio. We had a wonderful time in the twin cities and enjoyed a terrific game. The hotel was very nice and the staff especially Erne was warm, welcoming and just fantastic! We had breakfast at the Green Mill which is attached to the hotel and it too was exceptional. I would recommend this property to anyone traveling to the area as it is just minutes away from everything and has world class service!

Room Tip: Just follow the instructions on your GPS or map it is directly off I35W and 94th street you cant mis...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words! We are so glad that you had an awesome time at the Hockey game and even more glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are so pleased that you had positive interactions with our staff. We will be sure to pass along your comments to Erne and we thank you for recognizing her personally. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed our fantastic on-site Green Mill Restaurant and Bar. We truly hope to see you again very soon and we greatly appreciate your recommendation, Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn I-35W!
Minnesota
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed one night at this facility. This hotel had been advertised in our travel itinerary. We were traveling to Mexico the following day and would need parking as well as transportation to and from the airport following our trip. We were allowed to leave our vehicle here for over 7 days without an additional charge if we stayed one night. This was only slightly higher than a Park and Fly.

We stayed in Room 139. The room was very up to date and quiet. The whirlpool and pool were right outside our door. Pool towels were available at the pool for our use.

Meighan Sorenson greeted us at Check in. She was very helpful in selecting a room to our liking. We had to bring all our vacation luggage into the hotel and she made it work.

When we returned the hotel provided us "Free Pickup." All it takes is a phone call!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KANDILAKE
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank so much for your kind words! We are so pleased that you were able to take advantage of our Stay and Fly package! We are very happy that you enjoyed your sleeping room and that the quiet area allowed for a good night's rest before your winter get-away! We will be sure to pass along your lovely comments to Meighan and we thank you for recognizing her personally. We truly appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn I-35W and we hope that we can be your "Go-To" location when you fly out of the MSP Airport!
Willmar, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 February 2014

On Friday, the day after a terrible snow storm, I had to go to the cities for work. My two hour drive to the cities ended up being almost 4 that day, I was exhausted when I got to the cities. I got to the hotel, and I could not find a parking spot, I finally found one and turned into it. The way my jeep went it, I thought I might have trouble getting out so I tried to get it out, sure enough I was stuck. I got my things together and went to check in and told the front desk employee that I was stuck. After she checked me in, she went out there with me and tried to get the jeep out. She went back in and the next thing I know there are 3 guys helping, we got it out. What a great employee, she really went the extra mile. The hotel rooms were alittle older in the setup but were nice. The Green Mill being attached was nice and convenient. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you so very much for your kind review! We are so happy that you had pleasant interactions with our front desk staff and that they went above and beyond for you! We can completely understand how this recent storm has impacted the roads and how it must have been a very stressful day for you. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and we certainly look forward to your next visit. Hopefully, the weather will be much warmer! Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn I-35W!
grand rapids, minnesota
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I spent one night with my wife and a student on our way out of town and had booked the hotel and due to a change of plans had to use the parking and shuttle services. I felt they charged an unreasonable amount for adding this and they frankly weren't real negotiable even after I mentioned their lot was nearly empty (and pretty snow covered) and that the rate online for park and Fly would have been considerably less. As a rewards member I was surprised how difficult it was to negotiate this point. Honestly I have stayed here quite a few times and feel the standard has gone down somewhat. it's just not as clean, well run, or friendly as it was on previous visits. Now to be fair it was New Years eve and the staff seemed unduly concerned about their plans for welcoming the New Year, and less concerned about taking care of the customers. The shuttle service to the airport was good. The room was comfortable although the furnishings have become somewhat dated in recent years. The pool was not the cleanest. We didn't eat there but the restaurant seemed pretty busy and lively. As this was an unexceptional stay, I'll proably look elsewhere on my next trip to the cities.

Room Tip: Proably not facing the pool or the expressway would be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We truly appreciate all feedback, good or bad. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and will be sure to address your concerns with our staff. We will also be sure to bring the cleanliness issues to the attention of our Housekeeping supervisor. In regards to the parking, the Park and Fly package is something that has to be booked at a property level. It is unavailable online or for any discounted rates. Unfortunetly, this year we have had a monumental 'Park and Stay' season and we must charge for parking to control our lot. We sincerely hope that you would give our property another chance the next time you are in Bloomington. We thank you for your time and for staying at the Holiday Inn I-35W.
Brainerd, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here for one night before heading to the airport in the morning, on the park and fly package. Check in was quick and easy – they are very efficient with the shuttle/parking process. The lobby was kind of busy from overflow at the attached restaurant, but that did not slow down the front desk staff.

Our room was clean and even though they were full with some kind of student (maybe dance team or something with teen girls?) group it was still pretty quiet. The hallways were a little noisy since we had to go to bed so early to leave for the airport at 4:00 am, but I am confident that if I would have called the front desk to complain they would have addressed the issue.

We did not use the pool or fitness rooms.

We ordered bruschetta from the restaurant and picked it up to bring back to our room – it was really good. Also, the restaurant/bar staff were really helpful when we asked to break a bunch of big bills for smaller bills (its about impossible to do so in Mexico).

Airport shuttle in the morning was great – Kelly was the driver on the way back and she is really nice and very helpful – she pulled right up to each persons cars and helped unload our suitcases. I am sorry I cant remember the name of the morning driver because I was half asleep at that time, but I do remember him being nice (drove us on 1/26 a.m.)

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We greatly appreciate your kind words about our efficient staff, the restaurants fabulous food and our awesome shuttle drivers! We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Kelly and Patrick, and we thank you for recognizes them personally. We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and you were able to relax with us before your winter get-away. We truly look forward to your next stay with us and we thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn I-35W!
Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here because of the great rate given to educators...thank you! The front desk staff were friendly and our rooms were nice sized (king bed with sleeper sofa). I liked the pool area as it was large enough to allow for groups to sit and talk outside of their rooms. Ate dinner at the Green Mill and it was superb!

We had two rooms and our room had what appeared to be very obvious dark colored wax(?) droplets on the bathroom floor with no attempt to remove them (it just required a bit of elbow grease to remove them), so I am not so sure how clean our room was...Also, I accidentally pushed the off switch on the hot tub (sorry folks!) in the attempt to restart it & went to the desk for help. No one ever came to restart the hot tub (I think it was forgotten). One final thing...saw a memo by the front desk soliciting positive Trip Advisor reviews...just print it out and show it to the front desk to receive for a free appetizer at the restaurant! Seemed really tacky...never seen that before & made me question the reliability of previous reviews!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you so much for your thorough and honest feedback. We are so glad that you were able to take advantage of the educators discount. We are happy that you enjoyed the on-site restaurant and your guest room. We would like to offer our apologies for the cleanliness of the bathroom floor and the hot tub not being serviced in a timely fashion. We will be sure to bring it to the attention of the Housekeeping Supervisor, as well as our Front Desk staff. The Trip Advisor memo you mentioned was something that we had just rolled out, in hopes that people would be more willing to share their great experiences. This was in no way a ploy to retrieve positive reviews without an actual positive experience. However, we completely understand and agree with your comments about it possibly bringing in unreliable reviews. We have since stopped the program and we thank you for your opinion. We hope that you return to use the educators’ discount, as it is valid through October of 2014! Thank you again!