“Nothing special”

Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Medina, Ohio
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Room was okay but nothing special for what we paid. The bed and pillows seemed old and mushy. The layout of the hotel was confusing. Probably better places to stay in the area. Friendly staff on duty. A plus would be that's its an easy walk over to the IKEA store which has a small cafeteria serving Swedish meatballs and other interesting dishes.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We strive at the hotel to give a guest experience above and beyond "nothing special." Please contact me directly as I welcome a live conversation regarding your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I made reservations several months before and I failed to call and confirm (I always do this, but for some reason I forgot). I was advised for some reason my reservation was cancelled. I was able to get a room for the price quoted to me previously and this problem did not take long to resolve. The rooms are very small, but nice and clean. The indoor pool was great and the girls loved swimming. We used their shuttle to get to our flight. Very efficient - only a few minutes to our gate. We stayed there on a Saturday night and seemed to be a lot of noise in hall. people coming in late and talking.

Room Tip: If you make reservation early, call to confirm.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our pool, complimentary shuttle service and amenities. Please come back and stay with us again!
Beardsley, MN
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Has not changed much over the yrs. great location for Airport and Mall of America. I do not like the tiny coffee makers the hotels seem to be putting in. The coffee is so weak, like tea. My main question is " why is Marriott still charging $12.95 per day plus tax for wifi? A day is not really even 24 hrs when check-in is 3 and checkout is 12. Seems ludicrous!

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on our hotel. We do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby for guests that prefer not to pay the fee. We have done our research and our internet charges are comparable to other full service hotels in Bloomington. Thank you for staying with us!
Lorena, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel is a bit older, it is okay, but needs to be updated. They are friendly. Other hotels around had free breakfast with your stay, but not here. And the restaurant was nice for just a happy hour type drink and snack, but nothing to really write home about and it was a little pricey for what kind if food they served, which was very limited. Probably will not ever stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. The hotel is currently undergoing quarterly refreshes. I apologize you did not experience the recent updates. Please stay with us again to see what is new at the hotel.
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Sarah at the front desk really helped us out. We got there early for a rewards stay. Not only did we get upgraded but she got us in early while the room was being cleaned & had us wait in the Concierge Lounge until it was ready so the kids could get refreshments. Claire at the Concierge Lounge was very helpful in providing info on things to do in Minnesota. Looking forward to my return to the hotel next week.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and highlighting two of our star employees. We are so fortunate to have some the the best associates in the Twin Cities.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was in Minneapolis primarily to visit the mall...The Airport Marriott is close, but with the current construction it meant a pretty good walk to get into the mall. I think the hotel provides a shuttle, but in the 3 days we were there we never used it. The rooms are 'ok' ....I'd say it's been a few years since they've been updated, but they were none the worse for the wear. The staff was friendly and took care of our requests in a timely manner.....Like I said, a decent place, and for the price it couldn't be beat.......,

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very fortunate to have such a convenient location in Bloomington. I wish that you had opportunity to utilize our mall shuttle. It runs every peak hour from our lobby. Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights in mid july. One was for work and the other for fun with the family.

Typically, when i read a review and they talk about how good service is it makes me wonder how good the actual hotel is. But in this case, the service was a complement to a great hotel. First, i got there at 11 am and needed to get ready for my 1 pm meeting. I received a text at 9:30 telling me my room was ready. Secondly, i had a room with two doubles. I went there with my wife, toddler and my mother in law. Since the baby sleeps with us i had asked for a king size bed with an extra bed. The young lady informed me only the king size suite would fit my needs. Then to my surprise, she upgraded me at no cost. I travel a lot for work and in today's world every establishment is looking for ways to get additional revenue, it was nice to have this done. Once in room, needed extra blankets, within 20 mins they were there. Needed to split payments since one was work and they were happy to do it.

This is my fourth time staying here. It will definitely not be my last.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the outstanding review. We empower our associates to go above and beyond for our valued guests. I hope that you and your family enjoyed your time in Bloomington.