Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America
US$152
Agoda.com
  • Pool
1,170 results
All reviewsacross the streetfront deskfull kitchenwithin walking distanceparking lotseparate bedroomlight railhome away from homegreat place to stayking suitetgi fridaysevery hourcomplimentary breakfastpull out couchliving areawould recommend this hotel to anyoneshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Here with our 4 yr. old grandson for almost 3 weeks due to job. Mary and the rest of the staff made a long stay wonderful. The Hilton has done a great job on their staffing with friendly, positive attitude people who go above and beyond on a daily basis. We never had to ask for anything. They made my grandsons trip fun on a daily basis. I would recomend the hotel for location,shuttle service, cleanliness, and being family friendly. Will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Robyn G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Words cannot express my gratitude for such a wonderful review! It's so wonderful to know that our team's hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Being away from home, especially for a young child, can be stressful. I'm so glad that we were able to make it fun for him. Mari and the rest of us will be very excited to see you again!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed here in December 2012 for a quick getaway to the Mall of America. We have always had pretty good luck with the Hilton chain of hotels and decided to try this one since it was so close. The room rates were more than reasonable, especially considering the area. There is also a free shuttle that drops you right off at the door of the mall and is there on the hour to take you back, so you don't have to worry about walking or driving there. You can walk it, but you have to walk around a pretty big corner because the store(s) facing the hotel are not open right now.

The building itself seemed very well taken care of. The lobby was very pretty with holiday decorations and a warm, cozy feel to it. Yummy cookies were available at check-in, and coffee and tea seemed to be available always. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. (Actually, all of the staff at this hotel were extremely helpful and pleasant.) We were going to miss the pick-up time for the shuttle, as we had just arrived and needed to go to our room yet, the driver said he would wait a few minutes or just call when we were ready. We came down a bit after and waited for the shuttle with another family who was heading there too. The front desk even called the driver back and asked if he was on his way, after apologizing about the wait. It was not even a long wait, and we were not there at the regularly scheduled time, but it was a nice gesture. lol

We stayed in a 1-king bedroom suite. The room itself was your typical Homewood Suite with the mini-kitchen that included a full fridge, stove, and microwave, as well as complimentary popcorn (kids enjoyed this with a rented movie at the end of the night) and coffee. The pull-out sofa was comfortable enough for the boys (ages 7 & 12), but I'm not sure how comfy it would be for an adult. The blanket that was used for the couch was different though and the boys were not sure they liked the way it felt - not a biggie since you put a sheet between yourself and the blanket. Then you have the separate bedroom with the bathroom off of that, which had a very comfy bed and pillows. Bathroom is pretty small, as is typical, but it was fine. Towels were good.

The hotel does have a pool, but we did not get a chance to check that out, so cannot comment on that.

The breakfast offered in the morning was the typical Homewood Suites breakfast. Pretty good with some hot dishes, fresh fruit, cereal, donuts, etc. It was more than enough for a nice start to the day and saved even more $s off the cost of our trip.

We usually try to check out different places, even if we are going back to the same area, but I would not hesitate to just save the trouble of trying to find something else in this area as long as this hotel were available. Again, like everyone else has commented on, the staff are just amazing here, and it was a good, comfy night's stay for the family.

One other thing I wanted to note was that it is nice to see the management commenting on peoples reviews, rather they be good or bad. This just goes to show that they really do care what their customers think, and I always find this a good sign when I am checking out reviews for the newest place to visit. Thanks again so much!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Shawni_and_Buck
Robyn G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for posting pictures! That was such a thoughtful touch. You have two very lovely sons!. It's great to hear such wonderful feedback on our hotel and our staff. It's comments such as yours that makes my job easier. It is very important to us to respond to each and every comment, good or bad, because we truly care about our guests and this is the best feedback we get. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I was a guest with my two children, 9 &11 years old, we stayed Friday night until Tuesday morning over President's Day weekend. The hotel staff is amazing. Not one request that we had was judged or not taken seriously. I don't remember a hotel staff so nice. In addition, I am from Florida and knew I would be in Minnesota during a very cold time. I called ahead and expressed my concern of renting a car and driving in the weather conditions. The hotel told me it wasn't necessary to rent a car, they would shuttle me and my children whereever we needed to go throughout the weekend. No kidding! Not only did I save lots of money on a car rental, but they were true to their word. They took us where we needed to go with a happy smile on their face. Billy, Jim were are favorite drivers.... I think by the time of the end of our trip - we had 12 pillows in our room (boys will be boys!) and no one ever complained!
I recommend this hotel. This is a first time for me to take the time to write on TripAdvisor. Happy Times!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KittyKatSarasota

Thank you! Your review gives us all the warm fuzzies! With the Mall of America right accross the streeet, we get quite a few guests from other parts of the country. Not everyone enjoys our wonderful winter wonderland as much as us;) We try our best to make sure our guests know that we can accommodate 99% of the requests. We hope you come visit again soon and don't worry about a rental car, Billy and Jim will get you anywhere you need to go!

Reviewed 21 February 2013

This Homewood Suites was simply excellent, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, in fact I had the pleasure of returning the next week and chose to stay at the same facility even though it was a bit further from the location that I would be conducting my meetings. It was worth it without any doubt. Thanks for maintaining such a lovely facility. All of the Amenities were top shelf. The location was excellent directly accross from the Mall of America which was truly a sight to behold.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Norm C
Robyn G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Thank you!! We sincerely appreciate your kind words. It's such a joy to be able to share with the staff how much they are appreciated by their guests. We can't wait to have you back and will make sure your next visit is even better!

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We always stay here when we're in the Minneapolis area because it's a beautiful hotel with great accomodations. The food is great and the staff are friendly. The location is very close to Mall of America and the MSPS/St Paul airport.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tami_H

We appreciate your return business! Clean rooms and friendly service is our #1 goal and the entire staff is committed to excellence. We can't wait to see you again:)