“A friendly place to stay!!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My 1 year old son and myself flew in and stayed at this hotel to be with my husband who was there for business for a month. When arriving the staff greeted us and was extremely friendly and throughout our stay made us feel very welcomed. The hotel offers free dinner through the week and it was an added bonus that they also provided high chairs that made it very convienent and easy since I had a small child with me. The food was also pretty good. The hotel manager was such a sweet heart and even gave my son a childrens book and every time she saw us she always came over to talk and to see how we were doing. The hotel offered convenient shuttles to the mall of america and to the airport and the drivers were also very friendly and helpful making sure I knew where to go and where to get picked up from. The maid service was also great and the maid always made sure we were stocked up and was very happy to assist us with anything. The hotel also had a pool that was nice and clean and the hotel was not crowded so we had the pool to ourselves at times which was great. The hotel also offered a clean laundry room and with my husband being away for work I was able to clean lots of his laundry fast and easy. Our room was very spacious and clean and had a very home like feeling that made our long stay perfect! We were also able to get a play yard from the hotel free of charge to use during our stay that made it so much more convienent and easy. There are also restaurants walking distance to enjoy and that also delivers to your room. The Mall of America is also walking distance if you do not want to take the shuttle but you will need to cross a busy road however there is a overpass I saw getting built that may even be opened now to use to walk above the busy road thats enclosed and goes directly inside the raddison hotel thats connected to the mall of america. The hotel shuttle driver also gave us several coupons to use at the mall when he heard the places we were going to. The hotel also offers free breakfast daily and offers a nice variety. In the room we also were able to order movies hiwever the newer movies were a little pricey and we paid $15 for one but there were some older movies you can choose from that are alot cheaper. The hotel also has a small area where you can purchase small travel health and beauty items if you forgot anything at home. They also have some frozen meals, snacks, drinks and ice cream to purchase. They have a DVD player and movies you can rent daily if you wish. If my family and I come back to the Mall of America we will for sure stay here again. It was truly a great stay and experience!

Room Tip: The laundry room, gym and pool are all on the bottom level and my room was across from the gym #115...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We've stayed here twice and our family really likes it. The room style with complete kitchenette; stove, microwave, dishwasher, full fridge is very nice. Nice layout for two adults and one kid that sleeps on the couch. The free breakfast is great, you can even make your own waffles. The only downside is there's no hot tub. I always look forward to a nice soak in a hot tub when at a hotel. Lots of hot water in the shower though. Tip- get one of the upper floors for a great view!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This was my first visit to Homewood Suites at the Mall of America and what a great experience. The staff -- very friendly; service -- excellent; convenience to mall -- outstanding. I'll will stay again!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is a decent hotel that is also near the airport as well as the Mall of America. It is about five miles from the airport. It has nice rooms that are comfortable as well. If we are in the area we would most likely stay here again especially if we want to be close to MSP

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My son and I stayed here following his knee surgery and the employees could not have been more genuinely kind, compassionate, and helpful. The DVD player and movie 'rental' (free with deposit) was a nice bonus, and having breakfast and supper on site was extremely convenient for us. There was always a nice variety of items to choose from, we barely used the fully equipped kitchen. I really can't say enough about the excellent service and the accommodations were very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed 22 December 2013

To make a long story sort, there was about 6in of snow on my car in the morning when I went out to the car. I unlocked the car and started the engine. I got out the Brush/Scraper and shut the door. The car locked itself! My Cell phone, Purse and Computer were all in the Locked and Running car. I was on my way to very important business meeting and was desperate to get my car unlocked. I called AVIS from the hotel courtesy phone and got in contact with the “road side assistant”. The man I spoke with said he could not help me because I did not have a phone number I could be reached at. I told the man that I was going to be late for a meeting that I could not miss and if someone from the hotel could be contacted about the car. He said no! The customer HAD to be there!
Fortunately the Hotel “Homewood Suites” has WONDERFULL customer service. The Hotel drove me to my meeting and they asked me if they could contact AVIS again on my behalf. When Tina and Dulce (from the front desk) called AVIS they got the same man that I talked to. He finally said that he would send someone out to unlock the car and let the front desk be the point of contact. I got back to the Hotel at noon dreading to talk to AVIS again and was absolutely thrilled that my car was already unlocked and my personal items were secured behind the front desk. Homewood suites went out of their way to make sure my stay was wonderful. Besides their wonderful customer service I cannot say one bad thing about my stay. My room was perfect, Housekeeping was excellent, Breakfast was very good and much more than I expected. Maintenance was very helpful to dive me to my meeting. The free shuttle that takes you across the street to the Mall Of America was great.
Tina, THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. Without your help the visit to my customer could have been disastrous.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The Homewood Suites at Mall of America is a great place to stay for leisure travellers. Its near to the airport and there are multiple shopping and dining options in the vicinity. For the shopping and dining options people dont even need a car- thats the best part. Homewood offers a complete breakfast spread and in the evening snacks and sodas from Monday to Thursday. The hotel was also very clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven J
Travellers also viewed these Bloomington hotels
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington at Mall of America, MN
Radisson Blu Mall of America
Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Mall of America

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America? Share your experiences!