I went through Minneapolis in April 2014 and wanted to spend a couple of days doing some things in the city (although the wet weather during the latter half of April eliminated a number of outdoor activities). As one item on my list was to see the Mall of America, I focused on hotels in the area of the mall. Based on a number of positive reviews from others, I chose the Homewood Suites. I must say that those previous reviewers were right, this is a pretty good place. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, and the check in process went very quickly. I was given a room located on the 7th floor (top floor) and this room was fantastic. It was clean, well maintained, and had lots of space. It also had a well equiped kitchen (including microwave, fridge, cooktop and dishwasher and some dishes/utensils). The bed was very cozy and comfortable, and was in a separate room from the kitchen/TV viewing area. The room also had a fairly large table that could also serve as a desk. An unexpected but really nice touch was the pouch of microwave popcorn that was in the same basket as the coffee/tea.
The complementary breakfast was good and had a selection of hot and cold items. Please note that they also have waffle makers, but the equipment and batter is on the opposite side of the room from where the majority of the food items are located. I guess that rather than crowd everything into the one area, they chose to place it elsewhere, but if you are not aware of this, you might miss this. A nice touch is that this hotel still gives you real plates and utensils and not paper plates and plastic utensils. While there is an expectation that you will take your dirty plates and put them in a bin that the hotel staff will pick up, kudos to the hotel staff who unexpectedly came by my table and took my dirty plates to give me some room the spread out the morning newspaper. That was a nice touch.
While I am very happy with my experience at this hotel, there was one little annoyance that unfortunately they can likely do nothing about. When I first got to my room, I thought I could periodically hear the sound of a bell ringing. I subsequently found out that it is the warning signal from the Metro Transit Blue Line Light Rail Train as it is entering and leaving the Mall of America station. The trains imitate the sound of an old time train bell to warn people and drivers that train is coming. In a quiet room - with the windows closed, I could faintly hear this sound. If your hearing is good, you may experience this as well.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of the mall, and the Blue Line train is a good option to go to downtown Minneapolis if you also wish to see that part of the city - or go to a Twins game. There are also a couple of restaurants very close to the hotel - in addition to the numerous places inside the Mall.
Overall, I thought this hotel was a fantastic experience, and notwithstanding my experience with the train bell sounds, I will definitely consider staying here if I come back to Minneapolis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully Renovated as of November 2017! The Homewood Suites Minneapolis Mall of America is the closest Hilton to Mall of America, located 300 feet from America's largest indoor shopping complex and just 2 miles from Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport with shuttle to both. Guests enjoy the comforts of home with our newly renovated one or two-bedroom suites that include a full kitchen and living room as well as our complimentary full hot breakfast served daily. Indulge with our complimentary light dinner available Monday-Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Minneapolis - Mall Of America Hotel Bloomington
- Homewood Suites Minneapolis
- Homewood Suites Bloomington
- Homewood Bloomington
- Hilton Bloomington
- Bloomington Homewood Suites
- Bloomington Hilton
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Minneapolis - Mall Of America Bloomington, North America