“Homewood Suites was Our Home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America

Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Minnesota
“Homewood Suites was Our Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2007

I know why Trip Advisor rated the Homewood Suites as the best in the area. The Staff was outstanding! Any question or request I had was cheerfully and immediately met. Homewood Suites makes you feel you are at home because of the staff and the way it is built. The rooms have everything you need for a short or extended stay including a free hot breakfast. My family loved having the space with a couch, large chair, and dining room chairs. The large desk/island served well for serving the family lunch as well as a place to work on my laptop. I have been involved in the hospitality business for years and so pick different properties everytime I travel. This is the best place we have ever stayed.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2007

This was a great property right across the street from The Mall of America. I got stranded on the last leg home from a business trip to Philadelphia. Northwest airlines was useless in assisting me in finding accomodations. I called this property directly, explained my dilemma about needing a room for the night. They sent a driver immediately to the airport to pick me up(complimentary) and he was delightful and helpful. Since my luggage was not released, I did not have the basic necessities. The hotel staff was fantastic about setting me up with toiletries and a very nice comfortable room. The location is perfect for people who want to go to the Mega Mall. It is within walking distance or you can take the complimentary shuttle. It is close to many restaurants and to the bus stop that will take you into the Twin Cities. The room was a suite, 2 televisions, kitchen area, with a microwave and refrigerator. So comfortable, I was sorry I had to leave on an early flight. A complimentary breakfast was not too bad and the free shuttle to the airport was excellent. Hotel was clean and the staff very caring to this stranded traveler. They even sent up bottled water and popcorn after I was taken to my room.

• Liked — Hotel Staff, Accomodations, Location
  • Disliked — Needed more towels and an extra blanket.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled solo
Dublin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2007

We were in town for a couple of days to visit friends and also to check out the Mall of America, and I booked the room after reading the reviews on this website.Originally my husband and I were traveling with our 3 yr old daughter and my mom. At the last minute, my aunt tagged along, well our suite at the hotel was perfect to accomodate all of us because we had booked the 1 bedroom suite w/2 beds, and in the little living room area was a sofa bed, so there was actually even room for one more person. The suite was immaculate, and the little kitchenette area was really handy since we had driven from Illinois and had a cooler full of snacks and drinks. The hotel staff was really nice and the breakfast is awesome, especially with picky kids! The eggs need some work, but everything else great, great selection! Bacon, sausage, oatmeal, bagels, danishes, fresh baked muffins, yogurt, assorted cereals, pancakes, french toast...juices, coffee, tea. Great on the budget if you have a big family or large group, and there's a television in the eating area as well. If you don't want to eat here, IHOP is across the parking lot too. We even brought breakfast up to our room on one morning, and the plates, glasses, utensils provided in the room came in extra handy! The Mall of America was across the street, so you could easily walk there if you want as well. Great hotel, and I would stay here again....definitely!

• Liked — cleanliness, friendliness, free breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2007

I booked Homewood Suites based on the reviews I read here and the need to be close to MOA without renting a car.
The staff was friendly and very accomodating, I thought - on a Sunday night, they told us about available restaurants and then took us there and picked us up.
The rooms were clean, the beds very soft (a little too soft actually) and the pool was great, although a little warm.
I'd highly recommend this hotel to MOA-ers - It took us 2 minutes to walk to the entrance and about the same to get to the light rail station to go downtown.

• Liked — Immediate service from the hotel staff
  • Disliked — Airplane noise
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank CalgaryScarlett
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2007

The hotel and the staffs are both OUTSTANDING!!! If you are coming to Minnesota, you must visit this hotel. The rooms are very spacious and really clean. I am just overwhelmed with joy about my stay here. I will be here for 3 weeks and didn't want to wait to write a review because of the terrific service I have received. At home in Tennessee I have 2 big dogs that sleep with me. The Manager Michelle, asked me how I have been sleeping and I told her the story of the dogs and how I miss them since I have been away from home for over 2 weeks, today when I arrived at my room there was a card and a huge stuffed dog. The card was from the General Manager, the card said "Just for fun, I hope this helps you sleep". I don't think I have ever in my life been speechless about anything, but I was! Fabulous service!!!! Thank you Michelle for making my stay here in Bloomington even better by going the extra mile, You and your staffs are fantastic! I worked for a 5 star resort for the past 7 years, but have changed jobs, now I know what true Customer Service is, I tried to give customer service like this but wasn't allowed because of the cost. There are many hotels and resorts who could learn from the service I have gotten while I have been here.

Thanks,
Enola Gay

• Liked — The General Manager and staff
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank EnolaGay
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2007

I wanted a hotel close to the Mall of America and the airport. This was perfect. Park and walk across the road to the Mall. If the husband gets tired he can go back to the room! I have come to trust Hilton hotels and this one was by far a great deal. We had a suite and it was clean, comfy and quiet. I love the new beds with all of the extra touches. Big fluffy down comforter, ceiling fans, nice bathroom and a great breakfast.
We would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed May 2007
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2007

Our stay was for a girls shopping getaway. This hotel was located across the street from the Mall of America, so the location was excellent. You could walk across the street or take a complimentary shuttle that dropped you off on the opposite side of the mall. Either way, it was a location that was best for us.However, our dissappointment was the the room. It was a one bedroom suite with 2 beds and a kitchen( full size refrigerator, two burner stove and even a dishwasher) We did not use the kitchen facilities except keeping our drinks cold in the refrigerator. The room was a bid worn but appeared clean. But I felt it was not really clean, like maybe they just dusted... The problem with the room was the ventalation system. Initially when we entered the room it had a stale wet odor to it. We had to open the windows, turn on the air/heat and it helped a bit for me, but my friend was not able to breathe each time she entered the room. She was fine in the lobby and in the mall. Our conclusion was that since the hotel allows pets and although they said they deep clean after a pet visit, either they do not deep clean very good OR the chemical residue was still there. Her allergies really was a problem when she remained in the room. After two nights we ended up changing hotels( Country Inn and Suites) across the parking lot. And no problem there. Other than the room, we really liked the hotel. The front desk gal, the breakfast buffet gal were sooo nice and great customer service. That cannot be said for the shuttle driver, who we felt was not friendly, never on time for the pickup and drop off scheduled time. They pick up and drop off at the Mall every hour, but he always seem to be 15minutes late. The other hotel was excellent in this service. One pro for Homewood Suites is the breakfast buffet and early evening light meal. Both complimentary and both had good food. Breakfast included the usual as well as eggs and bacon or sausage. The light meal at about 5:30pm was one night a BBQ with hotdogs and hamburger fixins. You could really save on the food budget here. The pool only stayed open till 10pm and the other hotel pool was open till Midnight ,with adults only from 11-midnight. That was a nice touch. So in conclusion, I would only consider staying at Homewood Suites Mall of America again only, if they upgraded their rooms and work on the ventalation system as the other services offered and their customer service especially is excellent.

• Liked — customer service at front desk
  • Disliked — rooms ventalation system
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends