Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
US$154
  • Pool
US$145
US$123
All reviewsthe women's floorfront deskshuttle servicerestaurant staffbreakfast buffetnice poolbusiness travelwould highly recommend this hoteltwin citiesenjoyed my staybed was comfortableupon checkup to datepool and hot tubvery nice hotelfitness centerfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed for CONvergence and the room was very comfortable, and all the staff were courteous. To my knowledge, the Crowne Plaza is the only hotel that offered a private shuttle directly to the event and back, which was an enormous help. We also had several great conversations with Brenda the shuttle driver when she asked about our event. Thanks for being interested and enthusiastic about our convention, it really makes a difference!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We love CONvergence! Thanks for taking the time to write this great review and we will look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Exceptional friendly service from all staff who recognise you and make sure your stay is enjoyable.

Stability in their staff who recognise you, even after 2 years. Liked the gym facilities and regular service of their shuttle bus to the Airport, Mall of America and or local places.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris C

Thank you so very much for writing the excellent review. We love all the great comments.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed again at the Crowne Plaza in Bloomington because we always have such great service. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and if they didn't know the answers to our questions they promptly found out for us. The pool was clean and inviting. We stayed in one of the newly remodeled rooms that fely very classy as well and comfortable. I loved the shower. Again we will continue to stay because the staff is so good!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Awe! Thank you! This is a great review that put a big smile on my face. You keep coming to visit us and we will keep taking care of you! Thanks again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed here a number of times and this is an excellent place for business or for families. The Staff are always helpful and this last trip were exceptional. Front desk people were knowledgeable and efficient and exceeded expectations in every way. Hotel has gone through a renovation and the rooms are first rate and the new bathrooms are beautiful. I especially love the Temple Spa products this hotel provides in the rooms! They are talking of starting to have them available for purchase at the hotel...hope they do as they are great! If you are looking for a great place to stay....I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. It's wonderful to know that you are really enjoying your visits with us and ye, I hope we are able to start selling some of the Temple Spa product too! Next time you visit, just ask for some extras to take home.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I book my room though Hotwire for 3 people when I get here they tell me it's a king room and no extra beds so I asked for a double and she said that people who get rooms though Hotwire it's house and that three people can fit in a king bed I said really I would like to see her do that this is the worst hotel experience ever couldn't believe it will never stay here again or recommend this place to anyone unless they like sleeping three people in a king bed I have never wrote a bad review but this was the most bad experience ever

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank irelandandapub

I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with your trip. I know when planning a trip with multiple people there are many things to try to organize and think about, it can sometimes be overwhelming. Then, when you do not get what you were expecting it can be aggravating. I have spent many, many years in this industry and have learned a few tricks to traveling. I do not mean any offense with this, just would like to give some advice for your future travels or for any others that read this. If you read through the terms and conditions on these discount internet sites, (including the fine print) they do state that they make no guarantee or warranty for any product or services at a hotel. Some sites even make it very clear by stating that the only thing they guarantee is that you will have a room at the location they state, but that is all. No matter how many people you state, it doe not change their business model. You are purchasing an unsold room and that is all. This is entirely the reason these websites are able to give such a discounted rate. They are not magic websites that just somehow give you discounted rooms. You pay much less because you will not know what type of room you will have until you arrive. This is actually in the contract between discount internet sites and all hotels. They even stated this in a Priceline or Hotwire commercial. Hotels have rooms at the end of the night that they have not already sold. You can get a great deal on these rooms. But these are the rooms that you will be getting, the rooms that have not been purchased. When Hotwire makes a reservation for you, it is for any type of standard room that is left on the day of your arrival. If other people want to pay full price to ensure that they will get the number of beds they need, then they will get it. I always advise people that if you are traveling on a budget and the sleeping arrangements are not of importance, then using these websites can be a great deal. However, if number of beds or room type is important, then you should not use these sites because as I explained previously, this is entirely the nature of these websites and the foundation of their business. If we would have had any other room options or other ways to provide additional beds, we would have. We have no desire to have you dissatisfied. In fact it is quite the opposite. I know that this advice does not change your experience of your last trip but I hope that a better understanding of the function of those businesses(discount hotel room websites) can help you or others with future journeys.