“Best place to stay if you are a female traveling solo”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Best place to stay if you are a female traveling solo”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel has a ladies only floor. In all the years I have traveled, I have never experienced this concept. You are on the ground floor, but it is key card access only.

The staff, particularly Ciara and Tyrone went above and beyond to ensure my stay was comfortable and that I receive the best service anyone could ever imagine. My stay lasted for one month and they were always there to ensure I received the best customer service. From helping me with my luggage (every weekend) and resolving any issues, they are by far what makes staying at this hotel the best choice.

If I return to Minneapolis, I wouldn't even question where to stay. This is the hotel for any woman traveling for work.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the ladies only floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you! Tyrone and Ciara will be very pleased to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review and please come back anytime.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Firstly a previous post gave a middling review partially because she didn't know how to turn on/off the shower without getting wet. I suggest you ignore the willful ineptitude of this review and choose this hotel for what it will give you... a great stay. Ignoring the fact that aiming the shower head to the wall before turning on the water to prevent getting wet, here's why you should stay here. The rooms are gorgeous with a chair and footstool, a king sized bed with roll pillow. You also get a very large 42" LG television. with premium DirecTV channels. I'm talking the entire HBO channels, HGTV, ESPN channels and more. I have stayed at four and five stars hotels that offers only basic channels. The place is clean. The bathroom sink and floor is unforgiving. If it's dirty or spotted it will show. So I felt very comfortable walking around barefoot. Quiet. You don't hear your neighbors. You don't hear them flush the toilets and unlike other hotels you can barely tell when other people are taking a shower. This goes to the point that this hotel is solidly built with soundproofing in mind. The fact that we were located near the airport and I didn't hear one plane supports this.

Here's how they can afford to offer these rooms so cheaply. There isn't a fridge. There isn't a microwave. The lighting is sparse. And there aren't thick drapery covering the windows. If you care about these things then this hotel isn't for you. I thought I did but after staying here I didn't miss them at all.

There are some things that will take some getting used to. The bathroom doors are Eastern. Which means (like in Asia and Europe) they show a silhouette. You either have to broaden your horizons, get out of the country more often to experience how other people live, or just choose a different hotel.

An additional plus...the hotel is near Mall of America.

Have fun!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank staylor21
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Wow! What a superb review! I can't thank you enough. Please come back and stay with us any time!
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed on 6th floor with my family of four. Room was clean and well decorated. Bathroom was small, but clean and nice. Very quiet. Staff was very friendly at check in. The bar/lounge was nice. Did not have a chance to use the pool. Only thing my family did not like about our stay was no free breakfast.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It's nice to get feed back like this. Thanks again.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful from the shuttle drivers to the front desk they were all helpful, welcoming and made my visit great! The elevators were speedy and you did not have to wait long for them, this is not always the case in hotels in this area. They have a bar, a Caribou Coffee shop and of course a restaurant. The airport shuttle picked me up in a blink and the driver was very helpful, explaining to me the shuttle goes to the Mall of America every hour and airport every half hour I was put on a "quiet" floor so my room key had to be used to take me to my floor. I felt like a pretty big deal. :) The pool area was inviting and clean and well the whole place was clean. The only down fall was the decor was pretty dated, but I can't have everything! (Note the decor being dated was not a huge issue as things are clean, very clean but when things re old they just loose some of that glamour you might want staying in a very nice hotel. It was the difference between "excellent" and "very good") I would still stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
This a review of the Crowne Plaza on 3 Apple Tree Sq. This has been posted to the wrong hotel.
Salt lake city
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My best friend was checking into this hotel and it was so important to me to have something special waiting for him when he checked it. They went above and beyond to make it the most perfect check in ever! Thank you for helping me out from 1000 miles away!

• Stayed August 2014
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you, Officer Jackson!
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel itself, although very clean, well appointed and up to date, was not the most redeeming feature of the establishment. It was the outstanding service and positive experience I had with every staff member I encountered. The front desk staff welcomed me after my long trip, George handed me a refreshing glass of lemon water and I was shown to my room. The wait staff at breakfast were always smiling and helpful. The drivers of the shuttle buses were eager to share tips about the city and suggest places I may like to see. I order room service twice and received delicious meals prepared exactly as specified and each was delivered by very pleasant people who made sure everything was perfect before leaving. The pool and workout room were immaculate and lots fun after a long day in a classroom as well. An excellent experience all around.

Room Tip: I had a "poolside room" which I enjoyed because I had a door straight out to the pool. The...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you! It is great to read a review like this. It makes us proud to know that the staff made your stay into a great experience.
Minnesota
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our stay here was way too short. It is a lovely property (though tricky to find in the dark due to one way streets around it). We totally loved the freshly ironed, thick linens and plush towels. The rooms are modern and bright, beds very comfy, pillows fabulous. We totally loved the bathroom - ultra modern, mini tiles, glass door shower, shallow square sink, modern fixtures, mirror with its own inset lighting. Would have liked a nice view but all rooms can't provide that and we were not there to gaze out the window for long. Hotel provides a shuttle to the Mall of America which we did not use due to our plan to ride the light rail back from the McCartney concert (yeah, right, way to go Paul!!) at Target Field which would be incredibly late and tricky to connect. Teh air conditioner was highly effective and very quiet all night, making for a peaceful cool sleep. We want to have an excuse to visit Minneapolis soon because we want more time at this hotel. Only recommendation, which is nitpicky, would be to provide a higher quality toilet tissue to match the rest of the accommodations. Overall, you will very much enjoy these rooms. We had no issue with noise at all like other reviewers. We were on the 4th floor. We did see Ipods were offered to use for free but did not have time to enjoy them. There is ample parking, even on busy weekends which, of course, ours was. We got a super Priceline rate of $58 which is incredible for the quality room. We will be back!

Room Tip: Always ask for a quiet room away from the pool in any hotel! We always try to stay away from ice ma...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
First of all, I want to say that I am jealous that you were one of the lucky ones to go to the Paul McCartney concert. That being said, I am glad that Sir McCartney was not the only great thing you wanted to share stories about. Thanks for the review and for staying with us. Come back any time.